Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Broncos not likely to pick up Shane Ray’s option

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That seemed inevitable with the Chubb pick.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

My hope is Ray plays well and Denver re-signs, but my guess is that if plays well and lets say he ends with 10 or more sacks, to re-sign I see where he won't get substantially more than the $9 million that he would get if Denver just picked the 5th year option.

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    I think Shane is going to have a double digit year. In year two, he had eight sacks. Last year had he not been injured, Im thinking he would have gotten more.

Its the smart move by Denver. Shane may not like it but he controls his own destiny.

If he has a great year, Denver can franchise him and trade him or keep him at about 15 mil.

If he has that big year, there will be suitors including possibly the Broncos.

But Barrett at this point is the better player.

He also has to improve in the run game to really get paid.
    He did squat with the opportunities he did have last year and got outplayed by Barrett who wouldn’t start on the majority of teams out there...

6. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I agree with some of you.
    I think this is a good move with Ray. I like the kid! Injuries might have hurt him but he needs to step up this year.

He stands to make himself a lot of money if he plays well. Either from someone else or us.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    He did squat with the opportunities he did have last year and got outplayed by Barrett who wouldn’t start on the majority of teams out there...
    He was coming off an injury. I'm inclined to give him a bit of a pass on that

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    In 2016 when Ray and Barrett were healthy Ray had 8 sacks while Barrett had 1.5. It's still possible that Ray could be re-signed, however Ray comes with 10 or more sacks I think it would be near to impossible to re-sign him.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-03-2018 at 09:06 AM.

10. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I agree with some of you.
    I think this is a good move with Ray. I like the kid! Injuries might have hurt him but he needs to step up this year.

He stands to make himself a lot of money if he plays well. Either from someone else or us.
    If Ray is in the 10 sack range I doubt Denver could re-sign him. From some of comments sound like Ray been slouch but numbers don't bear that out. Over the same 3 year period Ray's stats look very similar to Barrett's number other than sack and Ray still has even though he missed half of last season with injury. If Ray is healthy he's the better player.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I get that. I’m not suggesting he sucks. I’m suggesting he’s better suited as a rotational guy who comes in on obvious passing downs. Otherwise teams will run right at him and he’ll get washed out.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Ray's significant season was due to Von getting double-teamed. IMO, of course.

With a true/elite rusher on the other side now in Chubb, teams won't be able to double team both of them. That's assuming Chubb is going to be as good as advertised.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information