Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Broncos not likely to pick up Shane Ray’s option

Default Broncos not likely to pick up Shane Ray’s option

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Interesting. How much is it? I would have thought even if they didn't think they could sign him long term that they would exercise the 5th year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Interesting. How much is it? I would have thought even if they didn't think they could sign him long term that they would exercise the 5th year.
    A little over 9 million. I thought they’d pick it up since it’s guaranteed for injury only but I guess not

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    A little over 9 million. I thought they’d pick it up since it’s guaranteed for injury only but I guess not
    He's had some injury concerns, so doesn't surprise me. He's been decent, nothing special. Pretty incredible to have so many pass rushers that you could just let him go. They should be shopping him though.

Well can we trade him now? This doesn't effect this season only next. So couldn't we trade him and at least get something in return? He's not a bad player, just isn't a great one like we were hoping.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Well can we trade him now? This doesn't effect this season only next. So couldn't we trade him and at least get something in return? He's not a bad player, just isn't a great one like we were hoping.
    Could we? Sure. Though teams know we didn’t pick up his option now so we have less leverage. Personally I’d keep him and see if this motivates him into a big year. We’ll worry about next year when it happens. Of course, I’d listen if a team came calling

8. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Who’d give up anything for his contract?

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

We havent seen the best of his pass rush yet.

If we lose him and he signs a large contract elsewhere.....we will get a compensatory 3rd rounder for him.

If he goes off in the first 5 games.....we could possibly trade him to Lynch for a first rounder......wink and nod type deal.

But if we're tearing it up with him.....I dont see Denver trading him unless we get a huge offer.

Walker I believe will be more of a factor this year.

Shaq, Von, Chubb, Walker.....thats still killer.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

11. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post

If we lose him and he signs a large contract elsewhere.....we will get a compensatory 3rd rounder for him.

If he goes off in the first 5 games.....we could possibly trade him to Lynch for a first rounder......wink and nod type deal.

But if we're tearing it up with him.....I dont see Denver trading him unless we get a huge offer.

I like Ray but his lack of real production and injury history has been his downfall. He was poised to step up for Demarcus Ware and help Von out but it just never quite panned out. Plus I still am bothered that he has a Chiefs tattoo on him... so **** that guy, come to think of it! Seriously though, he seems like a good dude with some gas left in the tank, hope it works out for him somehow.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post

My hope is Walker lights it up now that he is back at his normal position. 3rd down pass rush consisting of Miller and Chubb on the ends with Walker, Harris or Wolfe providing push on the inside. Awesome!

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Who’d give up anything for his contract?
    Well...tell me one team that wouldn't be interested in a young pass rusher.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

The thing that sucks about if we let Ray walk is we'll have to see him twice a year because I can basically guarantee he ends up a Chief.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Shortsighted Broncos appear set to part ways with linebacker Shane Ray

The Denver Broncos built their latest championship run on the backs of the league’s most fearsome pass rush. Led by outside linebackers Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware, Denver’s 2015 Super Bowl title embedded the notion of a relentless, quarterback-rattling rush into the DNA of the franchise, and in the post-Peyton Manning era, it persists today, years beyond the era of competent quarterbacking in the Mile High City.

Intent on enhancing that pass rush, general manager John Elway and the Broncos gladly selected North Carolina State defensive end Bradley Chubb with the fifth overall pick in April’s draft. After the woebegone Cleveland Browns discovered yet another way to screw up, the best pass rusher in the draft by far — and perhaps its best player entirely — fell right into the Broncos’ laps; their good fortune earning Elway and Co. plaudits from around the NFL echosphere.

It’s hard to imagine the same response on Thursday night if the Broncos decline linebacker Shane Ray’s fifth-year option; giving up on a provably successful draft pick for no good reason at all.
    rest - https://milehighsports.com/shortsigh...ker-shane-ray/

I agree with this.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Well...tell me one team that wouldn't be interested in a young pass rusher.
    It depends what they're offering vs what Denver thinks it can get as a comp pick if Shane balls out this year with all the one-on-ones (or free shots) he should get with this defense on long passing downs. I'm sure several teams would love to add him (Colts and Bucs particularly need pass rushers) but if they just want to cough up a 7th then Denver might as well play it out a while with Shane.

Ray can be moved if they don't think he can even get snaps with every pass rusher Denver has now. Better to get a 6th or 7th than nothing at all. I just expect them to be patient with it, let that situation sort itself out. Regardless, I don't expect him back next year. Shaq might not be back either, but Ray sure looks like the low man on that totem pole/ depth chart.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    It depends what they're offering vs what Denver thinks it can get as a comp pick if Shane balls out this year with all the one-on-ones (or free shots) he should get with this defense on long passing downs. I'm sure several teams would love to add him (Colts and Bucs particularly need pass rushers) but if they just want to cough up a 7th then Denver might as well play it out a while with Shane.

Ray can be moved if they don't think he can even get snaps with every pass rusher Denver has now. Better to get a 6th or 7th than nothing at all. I just expect them to be patient with it, let that situation sort itself out. Regardless, I don't expect him back next year. Shaq might not be back either, but Ray sure looks like the low man on that totem pole/ depth chart.
    Well, it's really a combo of what he does this year and what he can do for his new team that determines his comp pick value. So, if a team offers a 3rd round pick, we know that's the best value we could get anyway and should probably jump on it. Especially if Jeff Holland shows something in camp.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information