Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: "Rolls" Royce Freeman Pick #71 Denver Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    He doesn’t tap out every 3 touches either.

This right here is why Studesville and CJ are no longer in Denver. I like CJ, and I will miss him...but he did ask to come out more than he should have.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Had he been able to come out after true sophomore season he would’ve been 2nd RB taken. This is not to say that Freeman is a broke-dick-dog now, though.
    It wil be interesting to see how they use him. They’ve been giving us a sales pitch on Booker since last year to prepare us for the departure of CJ. I think they’re going to find it hard not to give Freeman the lion’s share of touches.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It wil be interesting to see how they use him. They’ve been giving us a sales pitch on Booker since last year to prepare us for the departure of CJ. I think they’re going to find it hard not to give Freeman the lion’s share of touches.
    Yeah, it doesn't matter what touches you get if you don't do much with em. I expect Freeman to do a lot with his, especially if they're giving him 2nd and 3rd string opposition in the preseason. Booker knows the offense and the league, and has a leg up on Freeman coming out of the gate. I expect Booker to be the "starting" RB for Game 1, but Freeman's touches and impact should increase as the year goes along.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't matter what touches you get if you don't do much with em. I expect Freeman to do a lot with his, especially if they're giving him 2nd and 3rd string opposition in the preseason. Booker knows the offense and the league, and has a leg up on Freeman coming out of the gate. I expect Booker to be the "starting" RB for Game 1, but Freeman's touches and impact should increase as the year goes along.
    Freeman seems what C.J. Anderson wanted to be. Freeman is bigger and faster and a very
    punishing runner -- which is why he got away with so many carries: He dealt it out. I love
    me some C.J. . . . it's just that the Broncos got themselves a fast road grader in Freeman . . .
    Last edited by topscribe; 04-30-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Freeman should be your day 1 starter. No doubt. Booker has done exactly nothing in the NFL.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Freeman seems what C.J. Anderson wanted to be. Freeman is bigger and faster and a very
    punishing runner -- which is why he got away with so many carries: He dealt it out. I love
    me some C.J. . . . it's just that the Broncos got themselves a fast road grader in Freeman . . .
    Maybe they bring CJ back at a lower salary and quit pretending Booker is better.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Maybe they bring CJ back at a lower salary and quit pretending Booker is better.
    I watched some of C.J.'s highlights again a day or so ago.

I thought, "This is what they let go in favor of Booker?"

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I watched some of C.J.'s highlights again a day or so ago.

I thought, "This is what they let go in favor of Booker?"
    They screwed up the CJ contract. First they let him become a restricted FA. Then they gave him a low round tender underestimating the market for him. Then Miami gave him a $4m a year deal. Then they said "whoa! If we don't match, we lose our starting RB." THen they matched. Then CJ ran for 1000 yards. Then they decided "he's earning too much money! We have to let him go!" Then they let him go back into FA and drafted his replacement.

It's just typical Elway mismanagement of personnel. He keeps making the same mistake over and over - letting guys hit FA and THEN having to negotiate at the top of the market. Then he decides that he's spending too much for their production, and lets productive players go in FA.

He did this with Malik Jackson, and Danny Trevathan, and now CJ Anderson.

With CJ they decided they needed to save money on the RB position, which they wouldn't be spending if they hadn't screwed this situation up in the first place.

14. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Freeman will start imo. Only thing that could keep him off the field as a starter is not digesting the offense fast enough or lacking in pass pro.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    They screwed up the CJ contract. First they let him become a restricted FA. Then they gave him a low round tender underestimating the market for him. Then Miami gave him a $4m a year deal. Then they said "whoa! If we don't match, we lose our starting RB." THen they matched. Then CJ ran for 1000 yards. Then they decided "he's earning too much money! We have to let him go!" Then they let him go back into FA and drafted his replacement.

It's just typical Elway mismanagement of personnel. He keeps making the same mistake over and over - letting guys hit FA and THEN having to negotiate at the top of the market. Then he decides that he's spending too much for their production, and lets productive players go in FA.

He did this with Malik Jackson, and Danny Trevathan, and now CJ Anderson.

With CJ they decided they needed to save money on the RB position, which they wouldn't be spending if they hadn't screwed this situation up in the first place.
    Did you just have to post this? Now I'm getting angry . . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

they won't, but they should. . .

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Well......with a good oline, Freeman should do fine.

Freeman go vroom vroom.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

King's posts go poo-poo.

22. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    King's posts go poo-poo.
    Ka-Thunk!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information