Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Courtland Sutton Pick #40 Denver Broncos

Adopted Bronco:

I like Sutton's potential, but I'm betting Hamilton out-produces him sooner.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I'm giddy about both of em.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    He's not as explosive as Demaryius is athletically. You know honestly the thing I like about both the receivers that we drafted is that they are not your typical Divas. I am so tired of watching guys turn into whiny little babies and me first players when they get in the NFL. I really truly believe Sutton and Hamilton are High character guys. The analogy for me would be a poor man's AJ Green. AJ is a plus athlete but he's not as athletic as a Calvin Johnson or Demaryius Thomas.
    You had me until you said Green wasn’t as athletic as CJ and DT.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

so, are we talking more kelvin benjamin than a young DT, or does he have some wheels for a big guy?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    so, are we talking more kelvin benjamin than a young DT, or does he have some wheels for a big guy?
    He reminds me of Alshon Jeffery, but faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

6. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    He should have opened with a "hello". Then he could have had you at hello.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    That's a possibility because Hamilton fits in the slot. Sutton will have to spell the outside.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

He's not as explosive as Demaryius is athletically. You know honestly the thing I like about both the receivers that we drafted is that they are not your typical Divas. I am so tired of watching guys turn into whiny little babies and me first players when they get in the NFL. I really truly believe Sutton and Hamilton are High character guys. The analogy for me would be a poor man's AJ Green. AJ is a plus athlete but he's not as athletic as a Calvin Johnson or Demaryius Thomas.
    He isnt as twitchy as they are. Never had their speed or explosion. Im not saying he isnt a very good athlete, but he never sniffed low 4.4s or 4.3s and he doesnt jump like them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

He isnt as twitchy as they are. Never had their speed or explosion. Im not saying he isnt a very good athlete, but he never sniffed low 4.4s or 4.3s and he doesnt jump like them.
    AJ Green? The Bengals WR?

Ran 4.48 with 6.9 3-cone and 35” vertical. 10/20 yard splits were in their range too.

Nobody is in CJ league, now that you mention it. I guess my argument is relative to DT alone, and he didn’t do any testing (neither did CJ, for that matter, he did vertical and 40).
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 04-30-2018 at 12:38 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    That's a possibility because Hamilton fits in the slot. Sutton will have to spell the outside.
    Hamilton is also a much more polished route runner with more consistent hands.

AJ Green? The Bengals WR?

Ran 4.48 with 6.9 3-cone and 35” vertical. 10/20 yard splits were in their range too.

Nobody is in CJ league, now that you mention it. I guess my argument is relative to DT alone, and he didn’t do any testing (neither did CJ, for that matter, he did vertical and 40).
    He had a good forty time, not a great one - coming out of college his strength was route running, and deep ball playmaking (he jumped fine, not as well as other WRs). I always felt bad for him because he was saddled with Dalton. Average QB's are such a burden, man.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Yeah, thats probable.....Hamilton is a stud in the slot.

If Sutton plays out like Marshall did, year 2 is the breakout. However, I hope he becomes a redzone matchup for us sooner rather than later.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

14. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Yeah, thats probable.....Hamilton is a stud in the slot.

If Sutton plays out like Marshall did, year 2 is the breakout. However, I hope he becomes a redzone matchup for us sooner rather than later.
    At worst, he "should" certainly be a better option than Latimer or Fowler.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

At worst, he "should" certainly be a better option than Latimer or Fowler.
    At the VERY least. I expect Sutton to take a year to figure out the NFL, but that's why they drafted him a year before they truly need him. I'm with Coach, I expect Hamilton to have a better chance immediately because he's a slot guy who can cut glass with the sharpness of his routes already. That makes him perfect for rub routes, picks, and timing patterns - he would have made so much money as a Peyton Manning receiver, since Manning would always know exactly where Hamilton was going to be. Hopefully Keenum can do the same.

But Sutton should be a good one. I'm not sold that he'll be a great one, but I guess that depends on what you consider great and how he grows into his career. He strikes me as a tremendous #2 receiver. I think NFL.com (or one of the draft sites) brought up Muhsin Muhammad, which strikes me as a good upside comp. He can be a #1, but he's not now and he'd have to be able to handle double teams (or even draw them) to earn that moniker in the NFL. That said, guys like Rod Smith and Muhammad were great players (both over 800 catches and 10,000 yards) who weren't necessarily thought of as #1 receivers for large chunks of their careers, and I would be delighted for Courtland to wind up with a career like that.

My excitement level for Sutton isn't off-the-charts, but I think he'll be a great piece and I'm looking forward to seeing him in a Broncos uni ASAP. At first blush, the Broncos got really good people who are also very talented and should have long careers in the league. Having Sutton and Hamilton understudy Denver's current wideouts can only help them going forward.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    At the VERY least. I expect Sutton to take a year to figure out the NFL, but that's why they drafted him a year before they truly need him. I'm with Coach, I expect Hamilton to have a better chance immediately because he's a slot guy who can cut glass with the sharpness of his routes already. That makes him perfect for rub routes, picks, and timing patterns - he would have made so much money as a Peyton Manning receiver, since Manning would always know exactly where Hamilton was going to be. Hopefully Keenum can do the same.

But Sutton should be a good one. I'm not sold that he'll be a great one, but I guess that depends on what you consider great and how he grows into his career. He strikes me as a tremendous #2 receiver. I think NFL.com (or one of the draft sites) brought up Muhsin Muhammad, which strikes me as a good upside comp. He can be a #1, but he's not now and he'd have to be able to handle double teams (or even draw them) to earn that moniker in the NFL. That said, guys like Rod Smith and Muhammad were great players (both over 800 catches and 10,000 yards) who weren't necessarily thought of as #1 receivers for large chunks of their careers, and I would be delighted for Courtland to wind up with a career like that.

My excitement level for Sutton isn't off-the-charts, but I think he'll be a great piece and I'm looking forward to seeing him in a Broncos uni ASAP. At first blush, the Broncos got really good people who are also very talented and should have long careers in the league. Having Sutton and Hamilton understudy Denver's current wideouts can only help them going forward.
    I'll agree with this while also preferring we drafted Anthony Miller or Christian Kirk at that spot. Maybe Kirk a little less with the knowledge we drafted Hamilton later.

Neither Kirk or Miller are the big receiver that Sutton is, but I think from a productivity perspective, both could potentially be better. But again...I'm good with the Sutton pick and what he could potentially become. Muhammad and Jeffrey are probably pretty good comps for him.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information