Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Bradley Chubb, Denver Bronco

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Either that or Aaron Rodgers.
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    No. You're not doing a very good job of keep up with what's going on.
    Lol. Ok.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Who did McDaniels do that for? The draft he ran he was trading all over the damn place.
    I think he's referring to the colts coaching fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I get the sentiment, but the douchebaggery is no where near relatable.
    Meh, any time anyone backs out on a deal, I'm referring to it as pulling a McDaniels. It seems only fair that the very act of going back on your word be forever associated with McDaniels

5. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I think he's referring to the colts coaching fiasco.
    Oh...well, I wouldn't want to work with Irsay either...

I thought what Elway did here was the right move. Get a trade in place, but the guy you like is there so nix the trade. Personally, I wouldn't have traded the pick in any way since by pick 3, Chubb and Rosen were there.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Meh, any time anyone backs out on a deal, I'm referring to it as pulling a McDaniels. It seems only fair that the very act of going back on your word be forever associated with McDaniels
    Yeah, but I highly doubt that elway "went back on his word", until the pick is traded, there's no deal, it's all talk. Situations change minute to minute in the draft.

McDaniels has a proven track record of abject dickbagginess.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Lol. Ok.
    Yeah I know.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Rosen will be the best QB of this draft followed by Lamar Jackson.

Haters gonna gate.

Phillip Rivers filed his retirement paperwork immediately following the 5th pick in the draft yesterday evening. When media caught up with him he was huddled in small ball, sucking his thumb and mumbling something that sounded like...no murder me, no von, no chubbs, no.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Oh...well, I wouldn't want to work with Irsay either...
    Well, then accepting the job in the first place might have been... inadvisable?

I thought what Elway did here was the right move. Get a trade in place, but the guy you like is there so nix the trade. Personally, I wouldn't have traded the pick in any way since by pick 3, Chubb and Rosen were there.
    Yeah. Smart.

But Nelson was also there... and if you aren't looking at a QB, then I have no idea why Nelson wouldn't have been picked... I would have been irritated to see Elway trade back and lose Nelson... especially if you know your oline sucks balls.

But I guess it all depends on what was being offered.

14. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Rosen will be the best QB of this draft followed by Lamar Jackson.

Haters gonna gate.
    What is gate?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    What is gate?
    It's a hate filled gay person. Aka slim.

17. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

"Broncos country, you should be rejoicing this morning with Bradley Chubb as your first round pick. They got a generational talent. We will watch the careers of Josh Allen and Josh Rosen to see how they compare, but the team clearly feels they are in a window to compete now. And Chubb wasn't supposed to be there, and they grab him because the Browns are really, really stupid. A poorly run franchise. Someone really needs to help out the Browns because they are beyond pathetic in the way they are drafting now with those first round picks.

No QB was rated higher than Bradley Chubb, none of them, not even Josh Rosen, I know about the attitude problems, but he was my #1 Qb on the board. No QB was worth taking at #5. None of them. So, they get a generational talent and one who will be ready to step in and make an immediate impact.

And I think once we see Chubb out there terrorizing QBs some people will come around [to this point of view]." - Cecil Lammey.
    I agree with all of this. All along I wanted either Nelson or Chubb. The Broncos need to strengthen both the OL and DL and they got the consensus best defensive player in the entire NFL draft.

And there was serious speculation the Browns wanted to take him #1 overall, but were stymied in doing so because of the Jets move up to #3 where they were poised to take Baker Mayfield.

Then when they are on the Board at #4, the Broncos are all set to move back. THey had a deal lined up with Buffalo to move back to allow the Bills to move up to #5 and grab Josh Allen. Only Cleveland's pick of Denzel Ward, the best CB on the board, but a little guy, left Chubb available for the Broncos. And Elway immediately cancelled the deal and grabbed Chubb.

I don't even know how that actually happened. Chubb and Barkley were both supposed to be off the board at #5, and there he was.
    Last edited by Cugel; 04-27-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Who did McDaniels do that for? The draft he ran he was trading all over the damn place.
    I'm talking about "yes, I'll be the colts coach" WHOOOOPS Just kidding, I'm staying in New England.

Abe be rollin’.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information