Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Bradley Chubb, Denver Bronco

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Ok, lets do that. I am not talking about JUST THE SUPER BOWL GAME, but how the defenses also played roles in getting to the SB. Like the Eagles last year, who had a top defense and played a key role in keeping the Falcons to 10 points and a big goal line stance.

Now, lets go over the ACTUAL FACTS, in regards to how it is actually the defense that is the key.

Aaron Rodgers has not been to a SB since 2010, it is 2018. That year he won it, the Packers defense was number 2 in the NFL and gave up 15 PPG. They have NOT been the same since, and a large reason is because of Rodger's salary.

Tom Brady, in first 3 SB wins, did not pass for 4000 yards, nor 30 TDs. They had elite defenses, highlighted by the defense that shut down the greatest show on turf to under 20 points.

Roethlisberger both SB wins had the number one defense in the NFL the year they won it. He had a 22 rating in his first SB win.

Russell Wilson won it behind a number one defense.

Flacco's Ravens defense is usually quite solid, and do I find it interesting how since they paid him his large contract that they have not been back to the playoffs.

Peyton Manning had the greatest year a QB has ever had. Broncos offense only offense to ever score over 600 points. Yet, that year they had the number 19 defense. Broncos get smoked by the number one defense.

Peyton Manning, two years later is the 33rd ranked passer and had one of the worst offensive performances ever, yet they win it with the number one defense.

Tom Brady again, and this time in 2014 (after going 10 seasons without winning it) had the most highly ranked defense in years. Largely because Brady restructured his contract, which freed up money and they were able to sign key free agents like Revis. They win it (again, first time in 10 seasons) on a defensive play. Then, in 2016 the Pats had the number one defense PPG in the NFL.

You may want to give ALL of the glory to the QBs all you want. You know nothing about the sport.
    It's one or the other Knight. Wilson and Rothelisberger didn't play great but also didn't play badly either. The Packers didn't win Super Bowl purely because they had number 2 defense, they won because Rodgers was brilliant down the stretch. IIRC the Packers had to play three road playoff games to get to the Super Bowl. I doubt they win three consecutive road play without Rodgers playing the way he did. Btw the whole playoff run for Rodgers including the Super Bowl 9 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. What about the Colts with Manning 2006? They had 30th ranked defense that year, the defense played out of it's freaking mind but I doubt they win it if Manning is just mediocre quarterback. Crappy quarterback play in road playoff game isn't going cut. If I'm not mistaken until the Colts won the Super Bowl with their 30th ranked defense Denver was only team NFL history to win a Super Bowl with defense that ranked outside the top ten and they did it twice.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Actually, King is a very intelligent individual.
    He won't stay that way if he keeps drinking nasty Diet Coke.

Hi King!

Some people’s children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    I have rebut everything. I stated the facts. There has not been ONE team that did NOT have an elite defense that won the SB. You have showed little.

Tom Brady is essentially irrelevant to the discussion anyway, since he is in fact the 17th highest paid QB.

Its hilarious how Broncos need to be told this.
    Elite defenses? The Ravens had an elite defense? You point to Aaron Rodgers only having one SB win but then tell us that Brady is irrelevant? Why because it hurts your argument? Well, what about PFM? And how about the fact that you can't point to but one team that won on defense and got multiple SB's?

Citing to defenses with top ten defenses doesn't mean they're elite. One third of the league isn't elite - by definition that can't work. You continue to ignore the trend of offense, too and you always ignore the fact that you can't keep elite defenses together. Remind me of what Seattle choose to do again? Did they hang onto all of their pieces or did they keep their QB?

You put on a masterclass of how not to prove a point.

Your argument is basically this - defense wins championships because it does and QB's are expensive so ignore the fact that no defensive team is consistently getting to SBs and that elite QB's are and ALSO ignore that elite QB play has been trumping elite defenses by and large the past several seasons.

And the ultimate irony is that you championed signing CK for a decent chunk of money while also shitting on the first round QB's this year when those guys would cost far less than CK. And make no mistake, I would rather have had Chubb, but you're so constantly inconsistent because let's face it you argue what you want to be and not what the evidence suggests.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Wilson is a great quarterback now? Top 15 maybe...
    He’s a franchise QB.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

He’s a franchise QB.
    Agreed

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

He’s a franchise QB.
    But . . . but . . . but he's short . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You don't win with shit quarterbacks. Period.
    Tell that to the Ravens. They did it with two of them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You're saying Flacco and Dilfer are on the same level? I don't think so. Flacco's career overall his been twice as good as Dilfer's career. Flacco through his first five seasons in the League made it to the playoffs every year winning at least one playoff game per year until won the Super Bowl. Frey, Dilfer didn't do that in his first five seasons.

There have been teams that have one the Super Bowl with a great defense and a quarterback who is average to sub-par but that's exception not the rule. Even with a great to elite defense the team still has to minimize the mistakes they make while maximizing the mistakes of their opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    You're saying Flacco and Dilfer are on the same level? I don't think so. Flacco's career overall his been twice as good as Dilfer's career. Flacco through his first five seasons in the League made it to the playoffs every year winning at least one playoff game per year until won the Super Bowl. Frey, Dilfer didn't do that in his first five seasons.

There have been teams that have one the Super Bowl with a great defense and a quarterback who is average to sub-par but that's exception not the rule. Even with a great to elite defense the team still has to minimize the mistakes they make while maximizing the mistakes of their opponents.
    I'm saying Flacco is a garbage QB. Always has been. He's one of the most overrated, over paid QB's in the NFL today. The guy has one play and one play only...Hail Mary and hope someone on his team comes down with it. He's trash... He played decent with Kubiak, but Kubiak made Matt Schaub look like an NFL QB for awhile too...

Flacco sucks man...

To further my point on Flacco.... Over his first 5 years that you praise, he averaged 3,500 yards per season, 20 TD's, 11 INTs and had a comp percentage of 60.6...

Cousins during his three year stretch as a starter averaged 4,392 yards per season, 27 TD's, 12 INTs with a comp percentage of 67.

Alex Smith, who we all love to poo on and say a QB's ceiling is "Alex Smith" over his 5 pathetic seasons as the chiefs starter, averaged 3,522 yards per season, 20 TDs and 6 INT's (7 if you wanna round up)

So basically, Flacco is Alex Smith with more interceptions. Dude's trash man...trash... Yes, he's not as trash as Dilfer, few QB's ever were, but that doesn't make him a good QB.

They won one SBwith the greatest defense ever. The other SB they won when Flacco, who is not great, went nuclear.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    They won one SBwith the greatest defense ever. The other SB they won when Flacco, who is not great, went nuclear.
    I mean, he only beat us in the playoffs because a slow aging champ bailey played into his strategy of throw the ball far to fast receivers and hope someone on his team comes up with it. Even the play that beat us was a "hey you! Go run as fast as you can and I'll throw it real far". People want to blame Moore, and rightfully so I guess, but Champ Bailey's oldness and Fox's crappy coaching cost us that game. Flacco wasn't anything special that game.

He's the real life embodiment of how people play madden...Yes, he played good in the superbowl, but he's never, ever duplicated that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm saying Flacco is a garbage QB. Always has been. He's one of the most overrated, over paid QB's in the NFL today. The guy has one play and one play only...Hail Mary and hope someone on his team comes down with it. He's trash... He played decent with Kubiak, but Kubiak made Matt Schaub look like an NFL QB for awhile too...

Flacco sucks man...
    To further my point on Flacco.... Over his first 5 years that you praise, he averaged 3,500 yards per season, 20 TD's, 11 INTs and had a comp percentage of 60.6...

Cousins during his three year stretch as a starter averaged 4,392 yards per season, 27 TD's, 12 INTs with a comp percentage of 67.

Alex Smith, who we all love to poo on and say a QB's ceiling is "Alex Smith" over his 5 pathetic seasons as the chiefs starter, averaged 3,522 yards per season, 20 TDs and 6 INT's (7 if you wanna round up)

So basically, Flacco is Alex Smith with more interceptions. Dude's trash man...trash... Yes, he's not as trash as Dilfer, few QB's ever were, but that doesn't make him a good QB.
    I still don't think he's trash. I also wouldn't say I gave him praise, but pointed out a fact he got his team to the playoffs in five straight years and one at least one playoff game in each of those five seasons. I don't think your comparison to Alex Smith is very good. Flacco had nine playoff wins in that stretch how many did Smith have in five seasons? If Flacco can only throw hail mary passes then he did something pretty amazing. He threw 11 hail mary touchdown passes, and no interceptions through four playoff games. Frey I don't agree with you and imho you're going way over the top. Btw how many playoff wins does Cousins have over the last five seasons?

I mean, he only beat us in the playoffs because a slow aging champ bailey played into his strategy of throw the ball far to fast receivers and hope someone on his team comes up with it. Even the play that beat us was a "hey you! Go run as fast as you can and I'll throw it real far". People want to blame Moore, and rightfully so I guess, but Champ Bailey's oldness and Fox's crappy coaching cost us that game. Flacco wasn't anything special that game.

He's the real life embodiment of how people play madden...Yes, he played good in the superbowl, but he's never, ever duplicated that.
    His career statline is good enough to be a starter in the league for a long time. That means he's throughout his career been pretty average, which is what I think he is. He beat us in the playoffs because he went apeshit and got lucky on the end. That's what got him that monster contract, and it was a stupid contract because that playoff run wasn't the normal Flacco. He went out there and did what he did. And what he did was put up numbers, make big throws, and win the game.

He's the real life embodiment of what happens in the NFL. Average guys often get paid.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information