Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: I Guess Josh Allen Isnt Going To Cleveland.....

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default I Guess Josh Allen Isnt Going To Cleveland.....

Baker must have found out about this and waited to the last minute to let it fly. Guess Lebron won't be welcoming a big armed country boy to Cleveland.

Aaaaaand the draft just went upside down.

https://sports.yahoo.com/offensive-t...024847843.html
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

A couple things here:

A.) It's a Twitter feed. It's public. If teams haven't found these tweets before now, they are incompetent.

B.) If they are not drafting a quarterback for something he said on social media when he was 14-16, then they are equally incompetent.

C.) They are also incompetent if they have 1) not found them and 2) not broached the subject with him pre-draft. This is not like the tackle who had his current weed habit exposed the night before the draft. This is stuff that happened 6-8 years ago. If a team doesn't know and is switching their picks last minute, the entire management team should be fired.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Well, that ends that discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Those tweets sound very tongue and cheek to me but its hard to know without the context of those twitter conversations. With that said we live in a very PC/Snowflake society right now so i have no doubt that this could blow up on him a bit. But im sure he and his agent are already planning on an explanation and PR move to counter it.

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Those tweets sound very tongue and cheek to me but its hard to know without the context of those twitter conversations. With that said we live in a very PC/Snowflake society right now so i have no doubt that this could blow up on him a bit. But im sure he and his agent are already planning on an explanation and PR move to counter it.
    To the point the author/editor had to put a warning about reading the offensive material.

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm just annoyed that he went with the soft "a". If you're gonna do it man go all out, use the hard "er" and own that shit.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    A couple things here:

A.) It's a Twitter feed. It's public. If teams haven't found these tweets before now, they are incompetent.

B.) If they are not drafting a quarterback for something he said on social media when he was 14-16, then they are equally incompetent.

C.) They are also incompetent if they have 1) not found them and 2) not broached the subject with him pre-draft. This is not like the tackle who had his current weed habit exposed the night before the draft. This is stuff that happened 6-8 years ago. If a team doesn't know and is switching their picks last minute, the entire management team should be fired.
    The only post in this thread that matters. Everything else will be about how people are snowflakes.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    The only post in this thread that matters. Everything else will be about how people are snowflakes.
    Like most things, there will be a million posts about how people are snowflakes for being offended, with zero posts from people who are actually offended. But it sure is fun calling these non-existent people snowflakes amirite?

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Kids say stupid things when they are kids, this won't effect his draft status.

He has my vote with the Lebron statement. I didn't want him before, but now...sign me up!

15. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Kids say stupid things when they are kids, this won't effect his draft status.

He has my vote with the Lebron statement. I didn't want him before, but now...sign me up!
    Fortunately having awful basketball takes doesn't take away from one's NFL ability. That tweet is especially funny after the game LeBron had last night.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Fortunately having awful basketball takes doesn't take away from one's NFL ability. That tweet is especially funny after the game LeBron had last night.
    Lebron is a superstar talent, I just can't stand the man, not the player.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm just annoyed that he went with the soft "a". If you're gonna do it man go all out, use the hard "er" and own that shit.
    I noticed that too. Maybe it was responding to some of his black friends and trying to fit in?

I personally don't use that term, but have black friends who speak like that to each other all the time.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

All good points.

Unfortunately perception is reality.

All you need is one teammate or coach that takes offense.

Or a fan on TV......with a poster board.

Or Lebron James.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

20. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I noticed that too. Maybe it was responding to some of his black friends and trying to fit in?

I personally don't use that term, but have black friends who speak like that to each other all the time.
    It's 100% trying to fit in with black friends. These are the most "nothing to see here" tweets of all time as far as controversial tweets go imo.

22. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Yeah from what I heard on the radio coming into work it sounded bad. After reading them it's like meh.

24. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information