Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I Guess Josh Allen Isnt Going To Cleveland.....

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    LOL! Have any of those complaining spent time with guys that age? It's one of their favorite words and they all call each other that.
    I don't think this is an unfair point. Right now, I would assume that he's a not that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

LOL! Have any of those complaining spent time with guys that age? It's one of their favorite words and they all call each other that.
    Right? I remember when I was that age. There was barely a white guy I knew that didn't throw that word around trying to seem cool to our black friends.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I'm not going to blame the media for reporting something that is pertinent. The claim is "I was quoting pop culture," and "I didn't mean it." There's also a theory, from Schefter of all people, that another team might have released them now to tank them. So there's definitely something to report, especially because one team, according to Schefter, was unaware of the tweets, and then another team said the same thing. Again, from Schefter.

It's hard to just give a pass or a hand waive it away without getting a full story. I think blaming the media is a bit premature.
    From what I'm observing right now, the media is doing what they always do and blowing something minor out of proportion, some of the reports I read prior to actually seeing the tweets made it seem absolutely detestable and vile...it was fairly tame for a person the age he was at that time.. In that respect, I think it's just calling it how it is, the media making a mountain out of a molehill.

It should be a complete non-issue, but what will happen instead is it will dominate pre-draft coverage today as if it's a huge scandal. Scandal sells...

I don't think this is an unfair point. Right now, I would assume that he's a not that guy.
    I'm going to beat these niggas at pong.

Dumbest shit to be pissed at ever.

If it ain't white, it ain't right.

Sounds like he's just uneducated on what is politically correct and what isn't. I don't take that as he's this big racist white dude. He posted shit on his twitter some time ago not realizing that media schmucks would be going through it years later looking to tear him apart on anything. He sounds like he needs someone to settle him down, make him a man and learn to be a professional.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm not going to blame the media for reporting something that is pertinent. The claim is "I was quoting pop culture," and "I didn't mean it." There's also a theory, from Schefter of all people, that another team might have released them now to tank them. So there's definitely something to report, especially because one team, according to Schefter, was unaware of the tweets, and then another team said the same thing. Again, from Schefter.

It's hard to just give a pass or a hand waive it away without getting a full story. I think blaming the media is a bit premature.
    If it's found that a team leaked those tweets to tank his stock, they should be stripped of a first round pick.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Sounds like he is a naïve HS kid making stupid remarks. One could assume once he went through 4 years of college he had a chance to grow up a little.

It was stupid talk, he wasn't putting on a white hood or anything.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    From what I'm observing right now, the media is doing what they always do and blowing something minor out of proportion, some of the reports I read prior to actually seeing the tweets made it seem absolutely detestable and vile...it was fairly tame for a person the age he was at that time.. In that respect, I think it's just calling it how it is, the media making a mountain out of a molehill.

It should be a complete non-issue, but what will happen instead is it will dominate pre-draft coverage today as if it's a huge scandal. Scandal sells...
    It's not a non-issue if, for instance, there was something else in the tweets that showed he wasn't contrite. It's not a non-issue when a person of prominence says, past or present, something along the lines of racism. The story broke how many hours ago? How is the media at fault for putting this out here? If nothing else, do you not think that it might make future teammates look at him differently? If nothing else, is it not a story that several teams didn't know about this, and that there is a suspicion of a team finding these tweets (however long ago it was, he reportedly deleted them months ago) and then releasing them on the eve of the draft?

These are guys who get scrutinized for every single thing. These tweets are from a period in his life where he was barely younger than some of the other QB prospects who were on the bench in college. It's fair game. And while I don't necessarily think this shows anything other than a knucklehead young kid, I won't hand waive it completely away, either. It's a legitimate story. I wish it had broken a few weeks ago so we would know more, so he could adequately defend himself, and so if he is a solid dude (my presumption because we do all grow and mature) his draft status isn't tanked. I don't know if it will or if it won't. But, those weeks would also be nice because maybe there is something else in his past that might indicate that the presumption I have is wrong.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If it's found that a team leaked those tweets to tank his stock, they should be stripped of a first round pick.
    Schefter thinks that's what happened to Tunsil a few years ago. I wouldn't doubt it.

If that was true then why didn't the team draft him? Why would they risk bidding on him as a CFA?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Adam Schefter
    ‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    2h2 hours ago

A theory two people in the past hour now have floated: another team plotted to have Josh Allen’s racially insensitive tweets put out just before the draft in order to increase the chances he would fall in the draft to that team.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

I meant to say that Schefter thinks a team did that to draft him. Maybe they were behind the Dolphins and hoped that he fell a little further?

I'm simply saying this - let's cut all the BS. You have a franchise to run, and you know perception is reality, and that if there is any racial bigotry that you QB has, it's a problem. You like the QB. You didn't know that he said this, regardless of the context around this. All of a sudden you have a QB from a rural part of the country who was dropping N-bombs, regardless of context, this isn't something you just lightly ignore. Because you have to do your due diligence (if you didn't know you didn't) and address every thing, small or little.

That, in and of itself, is why this is a worthy story. Furthermore, let's say next month something else is uncovered about JA, and all of a sudden the context isn't so kind? You just drafted a rift into your locker room. You just, after all the drama last year with the kneeling and all the political stuff with it, drafted that problem onto your team.

No sir. This isn't the evil media.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It's not a non-issue if, for instance, there was something else in the tweets that showed he wasn't contrite. It's not a non-issue when a person of prominence says, past or present, something along the lines of racism. The story broke how many hours ago? How is the media at fault for putting this out here? If nothing else, do you not think that it might make future teammates look at him differently? If nothing else, is it not a story that several teams didn't know about this, and that there is a suspicion of a team finding these tweets (however long ago it was, he reportedly deleted them months ago) and then releasing them on the eve of the draft?

These are guys who get scrutinized for every single thing. These tweets are from a period in his life where he was barely younger than some of the other QB prospects who were on the bench in college. It's fair game. And while I don't necessarily think this shows anything other than a knucklehead young kid, I won't hand waive it completely away, either. It's a legitimate story. I wish it had broken a few weeks ago so we would know more, so he could adequately defend himself, and so if he is a solid dude (my presumption because we do all grow and mature) his draft status isn't tanked. I don't know if it will or if it won't. But, those weeks would also be nice because maybe there is something else in his past that might indicate that the presumption I have is wrong.
    King, buddy, you're making way more out of this than there actually. There is nothing in those tweets that almost any white guy hasn't said when they were that age.

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    King, buddy, you're making way more out of this than there actually. There is nothing in those tweets that almost any white guy hasn't said when they were that age.
    No sir, I'm not. Because it's not just what the tweets were, it's the potential for 'more' to be there and the context of the draft. And no, I don't expect that next month we find out that JA is a KKK member. But, this isn't something an executive could just ignore. This is fair game for the 'media' to report on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The old dudes I hang out with use that word a lot too. Especially during our monthly bonfire meetings.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

No sir, I'm not. Because it's not just what the tweets were, it's the potential for 'more' to be there and the context of the draft. And no, I don't expect that next month we find out that JA is a KKK member. But, this isn't something an executive could just ignore. This is fair game for the 'media' to report on.
    He was 16 years old when he tweeted that. 16. Your brain isn't even fully formed at that age. Stop giving the "America is too PC crowd" ammo.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information