Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos 2018 Draftday(s) Thread: 04/26-04/28

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Hides behind the couch. ...I don't have an ounce of confidence in any of these qb's.

There, I said it.
    That's why the 5th pick could have a ton of value if no one trades with Cleveland. I think next year's class could be just as good as this and we will have a year under our belts with Keenum so as to know whether we really should draft another quarterback or not. Also factor in another season with Musgrave and we'll have a little better idea what the young guys really have to offer. I would much rather see Chubb Nelson or a trade down for Smith or Edmonds

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    That's why the 5th pick could have a ton of value if no one trades with Cleveland. I think next year's class could be just as good as this and we will have a year under our belts with Keenum so as to know whether we really should draft another quarterback or not. Also factor in another season with Musgrave and we'll have a little better idea what the young guys really have to offer. I would much rather see Chubb Nelson or a trade down for Smith or Edmonds
    I don't want Chubb, he doesn't fit our d. Outstanding player, but if he don't fit the scheme, he'll just be a wasted pick shipped off in a couple years.

And Cleveland will **** it up, they **** up everything they do.

4. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

I don't want Chubb, he doesn't fit our d. Outstanding player, but if he don't fit the scheme, he'll just be a wasted pick shipped off in a couple years.
    So there are a few defensive wrinkles (one that Phillip runs) where they will put guys like Chubb on the line and get some production, as well as linebacker sets/plays for him, too. It could be done, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    So there are a few defensive wrinkles (one that Phillip runs) where they will put guys like Chubb on the line and get some production, as well as linebacker sets/plays for him, too. It could be done, imo.
    Why draft a square peg for a round hole when we have so many other needs. Unnecessary.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Time for my annual lament that the draft isn't conducted on one Sat-Sun weekend with three rounds the first day and four the next afternoon. Maybe if the ratings tank like the regular season, the NFL will relent and go back to the old way.
    Last edited by GEM; 04-26-2018 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Removed racial overtone #3 COC Violation
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I'm here to provide them.
    If nothing else King you are consistent.

Hard to know what's real and what's smoke, but the prevailing thought as the draft got closer is that the first four picks will be (usually in this order, but not always) Darnold, Barkley, Mayfield, Chubb. Considering we were allegedly interested in three of those guys, the rumors of us trading down in that scenario have some merit.

I hope the Browns do something dumb like take Allen first, or the Jets take Rosen instead of Mayfield (the local Jets beat writer seems to think so).

I'm on record that we need a QB. I would really consider Rosen if he's there, but it sounds like we have no interest.

Either way, this draft should be riveting. Can't wait till tonight.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Nelson train here. Be smart, John.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Not necessarily GEM. Jadeveon Clowney was a rush end in college and moved to outside linebacker when Texans drafted him. I don't watch a lot Texans games so I don't know how he utilized but I from say that his production has continued to increase over the last three years. If Denver drafted Chubb then they better find a way to use utilize his skills. Whose says that pass rushing defensive end can't be used in a 3-4 defense. Rulon Jones had descent career a 3-4 defensive end and he was by no means a typical 3-4 end even in that day. Bruce Smith had a Hall of Fame career a pass rushing defensive end in 3-4 defense.

At any rate I don't think Denver is going to draft him if available, and I bet he's gone at either pick two or four.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Round 1, No. 5
    Round 2, No. 40
    Round 3, No. 71
    Round 3, No. 99 (compensatory)
    Round 4, No. 106
    Round 4, No. 113 (from Redskins)
    Round 5, No. 149 (from Redskins)
    Round 5, No. 160 (from Rams)

Who will they take?
    More importantly who here will get really excited about an UFA rookie only to forget about him 3 days later?

Go Broncos!
    More importantly who will get really excited about a first round pick only to call him a bust 3 days later.

15. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Nelson train here. Be smart, John.
    I’m with you on this one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Although I chalked it up to liar season yesterday...the feeling out this way this morning is that it will indeed be Mayfield #1. We'll know soon enough.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I will be shocked if Mayfield makes it past the Jets at 3.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information