Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Harris hopes Broncos don’t draft a QB at No. 5

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You are too upset about all this. My point is that you are making statements in hindsight that ignore the reality of all the points along the way. TS was the better QB at each point in time. Your central idea is that the Broncos should have just thrown in the towel for two years to see what PL has. Easy to say looking backwards.
    Nope - just tired of being insulted and attacked because you can't seem to remember my points when I made them. I literally made the argument that Slim just pointed out during training camp. Simple. My idea 'now' was the one that I made then - and I know I made that argument then because as the season went along I kept making that argument and got a lot of flack for it. You can't say someone's making a hindsight argument when they, themselves, as an individual, made that argument the entire ******* time. Again, I'm not going to capitulate. I know what I said. I know when I said it. I got louder as the season went on after my initial trepidation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Yeah, I like that answer too in hindsight.
    The answer was the same in foresight and I said as much. You don't draft a QB in the first round, then refuse to develop him....especially for a 7th round rookie/career backup. That doesn't make sense on any level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Nope - just tired of being insulted and attacked because you can't seem to remember my points when I made them. I literally made the argument that Slim just pointed out during training camp. Simple. My idea 'now' was the one that I made then - and I know I made that argument then because as the season went along I kept making that argument and got a lot of flack for it. You can't say someone's making a hindsight argument when they, themselves, as an individual, made that argument the entire ******* time. Again, I'm not going to capitulate. I know what I said. I know when I said it. I got louder as the season went on after my initial trepidation.
    The argument only works if you equate TS to CK. Personally, I don't. But if you do, it is a solid argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

6. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    The argument only works if you equate TS to CK. Personally, I don't. But if you do, it is a solid argument.
    You know, I'm just at the point where I'm going to say "Go Broncos," and stop using football as a mental diversion and just root for the team. Go Broncos.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Not the entire time, you recanted early in the 2017 season when everyone was impressed with his early season results, before McCoy decided an 80/20 pass rush split was ideal.

Look on the bright side, we got to flip TS for a draft pick and haven't proven beyond doubt that PL is utterly worthless in the NFL, so some poor sod might trade for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I don’t remember Kinger ever liking TS.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Not the entire time, you recanted early in the 2017 season when everyone was impressed with his early season results, before McCoy decided an 80/20 pass rush split was ideal.

Look on the bright side, we got to flip TS for a draft pick and haven't proven beyond doubt that PL is utterly worthless in the NFL, so some poor sod might trade for him.
    I recanted in the early time coming off of a ban trying to be nice to people. Specifically to avoid conflict with some very pro TS posters. So yeah, three weeks while trying actively to enjoy the ******* game. Go Broncos.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Chris is a great corner and he's entitled to his opinion like everyone else. But where I think King has point is that the defensive personnel like Chris thought Siemian was answer and they were mistaken. Chris is no more expert on best move for the Broncos is than we are. Beside, there is portion of our members who wrote off season 2018 season shortly after the end 2017 season. Does not matter what Elway does many won't be happy anyway. If what Elway does coincides with Harris' opinion great, if it doesn't that's the way it goes.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    The answer was the same in foresight and I said as much. You don't draft a QB in the first round, then refuse to develop him....especially for a 7th round rookie/career backup. That doesn't make sense on any level.
    That PL would be good in any narrative is wishful thinking.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

At one point we didn't know. Now your post, that's hindsight.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

I am staying semi optimistic. They said he was going to be. 2-3 yr project. He was injured and hopefully matured.

Is a Broncos fan, I have to be optimistic !
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

At one point we didn't know. Now your post, that's hindsight.
    Maybe not you and me, but Elway and two separate coaching staffs weighed weeks of close scrutiny and made a decision that would affect their jobs and the franchise. Not that they knew. But as things have unfolded, they look to have been correct.

Yes, I relied on the facts of the last two years to say that PL in reality sucks like most of us and Denver staffs thought.

At least those are facts and not wishes.

Too bad we drafted a bust that couldn't beat out Trevor Siemian.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I am staying semi optimistic. They said he was going to be. 2-3 yr project. He was injured and hopefully matured.

Is a Broncos fan, I have to be optimistic !
    Yeah, I actually haven't given up on him yet cause he's a Bronco and has some flashes, but if he can't progress from week 5 or 6 of '16 (Falcons game) to week 12 of '17 (Raiders game), it's not looking so good.

Maybe not you and me, but Elway and two separate coaching staffs weighed weeks of close scrutiny and made a decision that would affect their jobs and the franchise. Not that they knew. But as things have unfolded, they look to have been correct.

Yes, I relied on the facts of the last two years to say that PL in reality sucks like most of us and Denver staffs thought.

At least those are facts and not wishes.

Too bad we drafted a bust that couldn't beat out Trevor Siemian.
    Facts? The facts are that you're saying "well the coaches went with him," and that is a fact, and it ultimately means nothing when they were wrong. That doesn't even factor in that TS was never going to be good and he could never be good, so you might as well try to get something out of the investment. You can cling to whatever you need to cling to. Lord knows I spent enough time obliterating the 'facts' of TS and his 'potential' and all the BS stat arguments people threw out for him. The sad thing is that everyone is quick to point to their facts that they find to support what they want. The real trick is to look at the facts and THEN determine the stance, and to use them in a non-obtuse manner.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Facts? The facts are that you're saying "well the coaches went with him," and that is a fact, and it ultimately means nothing when they were wrong. That doesn't even factor in that TS was never going to be good and he could never be good, so you might as well try to get something out of the investment. You can cling to whatever you need to cling to. Lord knows I spent enough time obliterating the 'facts' of TS and his 'potential' and all the BS stat arguments people threw out for him. The sad thing is that everyone is quick to point to their facts that they find to support what they want. The real trick is to look at the facts and THEN determine the stance, and to use them in a non-obtuse manner.
    But they weren't wrong. PL has been worse at every point.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information