Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Harris hopes Broncos don’t draft a QB at No. 5

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Tell that to New Orleans.
    How often does that happen? Who drafted those guys? Were they the guys the players wanted or guys that the FO wanted? I’d be willing to bet Payton and his staff don’t give a flying no **** who his players think they should draft. NO hit the jackpot last year and 2 of 3 of their rookies played above their pay grade (2 were also first round picks).

My point is that players, by and large, aren’t the sharpest knives in the drawer and also by and large should be seen and not heard.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Just a reminder, Lynch was thought to be a two to three year project when he was drafted and he’s played four games in two years.

We simply don’t know for sure yet that Lynch “sucks.” I don’t think Elway knows for sure either which is why he brought in another bridge QB. I also don’t believe he’ll draft a QB early because he thinks he may already have the QBOTF on the roster. Is Lynch bad? Maybe, but four games isn’t enough to say for sure.
    We know he sucks, he could play 100 games and we'd still know he sucks. The issue isn't games played, it's between the ears and Lynch doesn't have it. Let's stop pretending our pirate QB has the potential to develop still.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    We know he sucks, he could play 100 games and we'd still know he sucks. The issue isn't games played, it's between the ears and Lynch doesn't have it. Let's stop pretending our pirate QB has the potential to develop still.
    I wish I had the same crystal ball as you do.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

4. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I wish I had the same crystal ball as you do.
    It doesn't take a crystal ball...Just have to use your eyes to observe what has been in front of us for two years.

It doesn't take a crystal ball...Just have to use your eyes to observe what has been in front of us for two years.
    4 games?

I know I haven't been at practice or seen much of him at all.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Is Lynch at home playing Fortnite all day? Why isn't he gathering up our WRs and throwing to them as much as possible? Dude has no interest in building a bond or on field chemistry with them. He has all of the physical tools but mentally he isn't there and I don't think he will ever be there.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

9. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Is Lynch at home playing Fortnite all day? Why isn't he gathering up our WRs and throwing to them as much as possible? Dude has no interest in building a bond or on field chemistry with them. He has all of the physical tools but mentally he isn't there and I don't think he will ever be there.
    I think the dude was done after hurting his ankle and crying on the sidelines. I wouldn't be surprised if Kelly ends up passing him on the depth chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    I think the dude was done after hurting his ankle and crying on the sidelines. I wouldn't be surprised if Kelly ends up passing him on the depth chart.
    He has mentally checked out already. I don't even think he believes in himself to be a starter at this level.

I don't see Baker Mayfield crying like that. If there is anything Mayfield lacks, well, it isn't confidence. Not saying draft him but that is a good trait that Mayfield has. This is why drafting him might be a problem. He isn't going to want to sit for a year and learn. It would probably be a huge distraction in the locker room. We would have to trade Keenum. This is why I doubt we take Mayfield.

Josh Allen on the other hand would be perfect. He could sit and learn behind Keenum without the pressure of starting right away. I wouldn't be mad about this pick if we really want to go QB at 5. It would be easy to trade Keenum, he has a very cap friendly deal and year 2 is even better. We would get something for him in return.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

12. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Then I guess it's good thing I didn't say Chris or anyone else was pounding the table for Siemian. It is however a well-known fact defense wanted him start. Last time I check Harris gets paid to play corner back not evaluate talent. As I said he has a right to his opinion but that is all is. Yes we can justly use Siemian as example of how Chris was mistaken.

Lets not overplay what the Vikings gave up in trade for Siemian it's not like they gave up a 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd pick for the guy. They also went and paid a boat load for Kirk Cousins to be their starting quarterback. So it's a little disingenuous because the Vikings didn't give high round to get him.
    Don't make an argument where there isn't one. I didn't say that you said they were "pounding
    the table." That was a figure of speech. I'm surprised I have to explain that.

And if you don't think that actually playing on the field against given talent does not increase
    one's acuity in seeing the other's abilities, then you must never have been on the field. No
    matter the sport or contest, nothing gives one an idea of another's ability than going up
    against him. As Jaded says, It's science.

Let's not overplay what I have posted about Siemian, the Vikings, or anything else. I said the
    Vikings gave some value for Siemian. They did. They gave some value for him. I did not say
    they gave a 1st, 2nd, or even a 3rd pick for the guy. To imply that is a little disingenuous.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Jesus ******* Christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Don't make an argument where there isn't one. I didn't say that you said they were "pounding

And if you don't think that actually playing on the field against given talent does not increase
    one's acuity in seeing the other's abilities, then you must never have been on the field. No
    matter the sport or contest, nothing gives one an idea of another's ability than going up

Let's not overplay what I have posted about Siemian, the Vikings, or anything else. I said the
    Vikings gave some value for Siemian. They did. They gave some value for him. I did not say
    they gave a 1st, 2nd, or even a 3rd pick for the guy. To imply that is a little disingenuous.
    Top, you are a bit fiesty the last day or two. Perhaps it's time for a break for a day or two?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Top, you are a bit fiesty the last day or two. Perhaps it's time for a break for a day or two?
    man, you are hilarious with your constant attempts to tell everybody else how they should post. . .

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

Top there is no reason to get upset.

Chris is entitled to his opinion no less than rest of us but him cornerback doesn't make qualify him make picks for the organization.

Top you brought it about the Vikings trading a pick for Siemian (something to the effect of an asset, a pick). That's a little vague. I didn't say you stated or implied that it was a 1st, 2nd, 3rd round pick. We all know it's a late round pick that Denver got for him.

Finally I don't around saying I hate the guy nor have I said he's a worthless piece of crap. I just said he's not very good, if that offends well then that's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    man, you are hilarious with your constant attempts to tell everybody else how they should post. . .
    You're pretty much doing the exact same thing, Fish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    You're pretty much doing the exact same thing, Fish.
    Which is it, pretty much, or exact same?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information