Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garett Bolles focused on eliminating mistakes, meeting expectations

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Garett Bolles focused on eliminating mistakes, meeting expectations

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The expectations for 2017 first-round pick Garett Bolles remain high.

And even after a rookie season in which he started all 16 games, what’s next is all that seems to matter.

Bolles showed his potential when he earned a starting role ahead of Week 1, and he began to provide a semblance of stability at the position as the season progressed. But he also led the team in penalties, 10 of which were offensive-holding calls.

The Broncos suffered in those situations — and Bolles knows he’ll need to improve in that area as he heads into Year 2.

“Going into your second year knowing you have experience behind you and you can just learn from those experiences,” Bolles said. “So those things that you experienced in your first couple games as a rookie, you’re not really going to experience those because you’re going to be more calm and prepared because you’ve seen those things before. Just staying calm and confident. [I’m working on] limiting the things that I struggled with last year and just going in with an open mind and eager to work.”
    rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...9-58b896097702

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Bolles will be fine.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Bolles will be fine.
    It's not like I've clocked every holding penalty he took, but I know a lot of them were good holds. Meaning, that whether he was beat or he was picking up a guy that got between he and Garcia, many of the holds would have been sacks and possibly resulted in an injured QB.

That said, some of those holds were due to him being beat.

I thought as a rookie he did just fine and I expect him to be better and turn into a solid tackle.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

He's going to be a good left tackle. It wasn't the sexiest pick, nor was it the most satisfactory from a fan's point of view. Bolles in years past would have been the fourth or fifth best LT prospect, which means that he'd have been a late round first round pick or early second rounder. We probably had to reach a little for him, but his ability is legitimate. He gets it, he's passionate, he cares, and he's a little bit crazy. Those are good attributes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'm expecting great things from Bolles this year.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'm expecting great things from Bolles this year.
    I certainly hope so. A "great thing" would be his not getting a spectacular TD run by Booker
    called back by a holding penalty, if you know what I mean.

I hate holding penalties on running plays.

But I do expect a big jump in performance this year by Bolles . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It will be really easy for him to meet my expectations of him.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

13. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    It will be really easy for him to meet my expectations of him.
    Cold.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

As he (Bolles) said he's got to improve, but it also would not hurt have better quality guard lining up next to him.

16. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    As he (Bolles) said he's got to improve, but it also would not hurt have better quality guard lining up next to him.
    Of course, that will be Leary, according to reports. Can't get much better than him, unless
    we're talking about Quenton Nelson, which we likely will not take and may not have a
    shot at, anyway . . .

Leary said in a recent interview that he doesn't care which side he plays on. He'll do what's best for the team. If the Broncos draft Nelson, my money is on them inserting him at left guard and watching him dominate there for the next 10-15 years.

I'm glad to know that Bolles put on weight in the offseason. That was his #1 need in my mind. He was getting overpowered on a regular basis towards the end of the season. He has a chance to be a very good player for a long time if he's serious about improving every year.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Leary said in a recent interview that he doesn't care which side he plays on. He'll do what's best for the team. If the Broncos draft Nelson, my money is on them inserting him at left guard and watching him dominate there for the next 10-15 years.

I'm glad to know that Bolles put on weight in the offseason. That was his #1 need in my mind. He was getting overpowered on a regular basis towards the end of the season. He has a chance to be a very good player for a long time if he's serious about improving every year.
    Well, Nelson did say he would be just as comfortable on the left or right side.

With his talent, I'm sure that's true. So we'll see . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    They're moving Leary back to LG which was his natural pro-bowl position. For some insane reason they insisted on starting Max Garcia at LG, and he couldn't play RG so they asked Leary to move to RG.

Only Max Garcia sucks. There's no reason he needs to be on the roster at all. Screwing up your OL in order to accommodate him is the "insane" part.

Now, Connor McGovern and Billy Turner appear to be better starting candidates at RG.

Unless they draft is a priority if they don't take a G at #5.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    He put on weight? Didn’t read the article, but if he did so and added strength, kudos to him.

23. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

good. . . he has a lot of ability, but he needs to clean his mistakes up in the worst way if he's going to be a quality long term option. . . we can't have him killing multiple drives per game with his screw-ups. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information