Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What is a "Franchise QB"?

I'd be happy with Barkley. I'd prefer someone who actually can be a franchise QB, but I'd be happy with Barkley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I think I'm going to be really happy. lol

The way I see things going down tomorrow.

1. Mayfield
    2. Allen
    3. Rosen
    4. Chubb
    5. Barkley

Then if he's there in the second, I see us taking Mason Rudolph to solve our QB woes.
    If both Nelson and Barkley are still on the board for our pick that would be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If both Nelson and Barkley are still on the board for our pick that would be incredible.
    Would you be down with the guard, Wave?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Unless it's Darnold, I dont see NYG taking a QB. Even then it's a slim chance.

1. Darnold
    2. Chubb
    3. Mayfield
    4. Barkley
    5. Trade back

5. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

I think the Browns are taking Allen.
    I think the Giants will take Chubb.
    I think Jets take Rosen.
    I think the Browns take Barkley.
    I think we take Nelson.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post

1. Darnold
    2. Chubb
    3. Mayfield
    4. Barkley
    5. Trade back
    From what I understand, the Giants like Allen a lot. So I could see him going there if the Browns don't take him #1 overall.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    From what I understand, the Giants like Allen a lot. So I could see him going there if the Browns don't take him #1 overall.
    It's possible, but the Giants are the one team I can usually get a good read on based on having a good friend in their scouting department. No, he doesn't make the decision and no, he cant speak for what other internal scouts are doing...but he does have a pretty good "vibe" on what's happening. Obviously, he isn't going to give me details, but last I spoke to him I got the idea that they like Davis Webb A LOT and didn't see the need to get a QB early yet.

But anything can happen.

Actually, helping people realize that not one knows what a franchise QB is until he legitimately becomes a franchise QB (regardless of what we think), was the absolute point of the thread.

Mission accomplished.
    This thread reminds me of this

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/aar...outing-reports

11. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Evaluating quarterbacks is hard.

Also, I have a hard time believing Barkley gets past the Browns.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

It is a crap shoot many times

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tale-for-2018/

Coach, in your opinion, how important of a factor is hand size for a QB? It sames to be quite the rage to talk about it in relation to Darnold.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Would you be down with the guard, Wave?
    Yes. O-line play is getting worse and worse in the NFL. Elite players there are harder and harder to find in the draft because schools don't develop then anymore. So if you can find an elite one, then that's never a bad pick.

I still think I'd prefer a QB, but I certainly wouldn't hate it if we took Nelson.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

They did sign Carlos Hyde. He's no scrub plus they could still get a good back in the second or third.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Coach, in your opinion, how important of a factor is hand size for a QB? It sames to be quite the rage to talk about it in relation to Darnold.
    I think it matters more if a QB is the type to drop back and sit in the pocket with only one hand on the ball. That being said, it's a very coachable thing to fix. Another area where people have a concern is having "smaller" hands in a typically cold weather city. In the world of gloves and heated balls, I just don't know how much of a factor that really is, but I'm sure there is someone somewhere that has probably broken it down.

Even more specific to Darnold...I wouldn't say he has small or large hands. Somewhere in the middle. So, I don't think his hand size is the reason for his fumbles. I think it has more to do with a very coachable technique and it wouldn't stop me from drafting him #1 overall.

20. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

1. Darnold
    2. Chubb
    3. Mayfield
    4. Barkley
    5. Trade back
    Agreed. They just got rid of JPP so Chubb would fill a major need for them.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information