Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: What is a "Franchise QB"?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    You should love Case Keenum, then, Shane. His college numbers are even better.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I can see it now. The Broncos draft Mayfield. The outcry begins to bench Keenum and play
    Mayfield, no matter how Keenum is doing. The Broncos FO eventually folds to public demand
    and starts Mayfield. The season tanks.

And so history repeats itself: Plummer/Cutler, Orton/Tebow, Keenum/Mayfield.

Next.
    This is disingenuous at best. Plummer and Orton were both playing poorly during those seasons in which "the outcry to bench them would begin no matter how they are playing".
    The difference is Dinger scrapped all of the rollout and motion and play action stuff that really benefited plumber in his previous year. They essentially set him up to fail

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    The difference is Dinger scrapped all of the rollout and motion and play action stuff that really benefited plumber in his previous year. They essentially set him up to fail
    They put an emphasis on dropback passing, five and seven step drops specifically, if memory serves. Completely changed the dynamic of the offense and was designed for Cutler. Cue: missing the playoffs for three years...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    No doubt. I think Plummer got a raw deal. But I still think top was being disingenuous in suggesting that our fans would clamor for the rookie no matter how well the starter is playing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    No doubt. I think Plummer got a raw deal. But I still think top was being disingenuous in suggesting that our fans would clamor for the rookie no matter how well the starter is playing.
    And I was only trying to add a little dry humor. Or maybe it's just a failed post on my part.

But it wasn't disingenuous. That's defined as lacking or having a false appearance of honesty.
    I can, and have been, dead wrong on some issues, but I don't recall ever being dishonest in
    the process.
    Last edited by topscribe; 04-26-2018 at 10:21 AM.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    And I was only trying to add a little dry humor.

But then you have to have a sense of humor to pick that up.
    Ok.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information