Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.5 yards...

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    whoa...Montana and Warner had great mobility homes.
    Great mobility was Fran Tarkenton, Russell Wilson. Our own Paxton Lynch has great mobility.
    John Elway had great mobility. Montana's and Warner's mobility was limited. They just knew
    how to maneuver in the pocket. Which was just as effective for the most part, at least in their
    respective cases. Fortunately, we have an incoming QB who knows how to maneuver and
    even run on occasion.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Great mobility was Fran Tarkenton, Russell Wilson. Our own Paxton Lynch has great mobility.
    John Elway had great mobility. Montana's and Warner's mobility was limited. They just knew
    how to maneuver in the pocket. Which is just as effective for the most part. Fortunately, we
    have an incoming QB who knows how to maneuver and even run on occasion.
    Old Montana, sure. Wait, you are older than me. Montana was a scrambling QB. As they age they retain the pocket awareness, if not the explosiveness. I'm not sure you are on point here, top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Old Montana, sure. Wait, you are older than me. Montana was a scrambling QB. As they age they retain the pocket awareness, if not the explosiveness. I'm not sure you are on point here, top.
    Okay, young Montana had good mobility. But not Tarkenton, Wilson, Elway mobility.
    I just don't use "great" that loosely.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Marino was judged to be a top mobile QB on an NFL show of top 10's. At first I was like WTF, but kind of understood it once they explained.

I still don't agree with their assessment, but understand it.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Okay, young Montana had good mobility. But not Tarkenton, Wilson, Elway mobility.
    I just don't use "great" that loosely.
    Montana was incredible when he was young. His rushing stats compare with them.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Montana was incredible when he was young. His rushing stats compare with them.
    Yes, but their offensive lines didn't compare with his. But I surely wouldn't turn a young
    or old Montana away. He is one of the G.O.A.T.

But I'll tell you, nobody, but nobody could scramble with Tarkenton. And there's another:
    Archie Manning. When it comes to mobility, those guys defined greatness.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

My point is that Montana and Warner had that scrambling/elusive athletic component that made them difficult to stop. It doesn't have to be Vick/Kaepernick in your face 70 yard gain athleticism, but they evaded the rush with rare canniness better than nearly all of them.

9. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

My point is that Montana and Warner had that scrambling/elusive athletic component that made them difficult to stop. It doesn't have to be Vick/Kaepernick in your face 70 yard gain athleticism, but they evaded the rush with rare canniness better than nearly all of them.
    That's what I said.

Not to pound the table (well, I am, I guess), but if you have seen any of last year's Vikings
    games, Keenum has that kind of elusiveness. It's going to be exciting . . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That's what I said.

Not to pound the table (well, I am, I guess), but if you have seen any of last year's Vikings
    games, Keenum has that kind of elusiveness. It's going to be exciting . . .
    Keenum has it too.

12. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Keenum has it too.
    I think you posted this before you saw me add that as an afterthought . . .

I think MO's inclusion of pocket mobility is perhaps the most important. Adding a couple seconds to a play and occasionally negating a pass rush while delivering from a mobile platform is incredibly difficult to negate from a defensive coordinator's point of view. This is the main reason why I think the Keenum signing is kosher.
    Dan Marino was possibly the slowest man on the field at any given time. Yet his ability within the pocket was amazing

15. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Dan Marino was possibly the slowest man on the field at any given time. Yet his ability within the pocket was amazing
    He had one of the quickest releases, if not THE quickest, I have ever seen . . .

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Not just in football, but in life

Of course, this makes it hard to explain Big Ben.
    Exceptions to rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

how to maneuver in the pocket. Which was just as effective for the most part, at least in their
    respective cases. Fortunately, we have an incoming QB who knows how to maneuver and
    even run on occasion.
    I wouldn’t say Paxton has great mobility. He’s fast for a big guy, but not quick. He’s no Russel Wilson, in fact I’d say he’s slightly more mobile than Brockweiler.

Arm strength is a nice bonus, and you want to have enough to be able to make all of the throws. But, the real benefit IMO is when you have a very strong arm and can make some great long throws under duress, make tough throws in bad weather, and can lead your fast WR down the field and not make him stop. That also requires accuracy and timing, but strength of arm is part of that equation.

Intellect is massively underrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information