Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Broncos undecided about Shane Ray’s 2019 option

Default Broncos undecided about Shane Ray’s 2019 option

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-2019-option/

Ray missed the first half of last season with a wrist injury and returned to record 16 tackles and a sack in eight games. The 2015 first-round pick had 12 sacks in his first two seasons.

The Broncos have until May 3 to pick up the option, which is guaranteed for injury only and can be otherwise rescinded. The timing allows the Broncos to wait to see how the draft plays out before making any commitment to Ray. The linebacker would be set to make around $9 million if the option is exercised.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Meaning IMO that if we draft Chubb, Ray will be gone or traded.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I think that would make sense. If we pick up Chubb I don't think Ray would see the field much, definitely not 9 million dollars worth.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Draft Nwosu. He can cover and blitz.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

dude had 8 sacks in a part-time role the last time he was healthy. . . and you can NEVER have too much pass rush. . . let's not be so quick to write him off. . .

10. The Following 7 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Draft Nwosu. He can cover and blitz.
    A big like on this. I'm surprised Elway's not in love with him since he played at USC.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    dude had 8 sacks in a part-time role the last time he was healthy. . . and you can NEVER have too much pass rush. . . let's not be so quick to write him off. . .
    I'm certainly not writing him off. If we don't draft someone better I hope they pick up the option. If we do draft Chubb 9 million for 2019 would be a lot for a rotational backup player, no?

13. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I'm not writing off...but 9mil is 9mil.

15. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

However, 16 tackles and one sack in 8 games is not worth 9 mill.
    Bill Williamson:

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

He's a talent, and his production that year was pretty good. He would be snapped up instantly - if he has another year like that for us I would be open to signing him. A 8-10 sack guy as the second pass rush option is far from a bad place to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I'm certainly not writing him off. If we don't draft someone better I hope they pick up the option. If we do draft Chubb 9 million for 2019 would be a lot for a rotational backup player, no?
    you never know, but i think chubb is going at two. . . i'm also not completely sold that he makes a seamless transition to linebacker. . .

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

you never know, but i think chubb is going at two. . . i'm also not completely sold that he makes a seamless transition to linebacker. . .
    He would shine in a Wade Phillip defense with the moving parts on the defensive line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

It looks now like Chubb will be the first non-QB off the board, perhaps at #2 to the Giants, otherwise at #4 to the Browns unless they trade back to allow some team to draft Mayfield ahead of Denver.

But, most likely the Browns take Chubb at #4 if he's there.

However, 16 tackles and one sack in 8 games is not worth 9 mill.
    He had a severe hand injury that didn't let him push off, but he should be fully healthy this year. They would be fools to let him go at this point when you don't even know how badly you might need him.

Besides, they could rush Ray, Miller and Chubb together on passing downs, which would put intense pressure on defenses, rather like the Giants SB wining "NASCAR" defense.

25. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Letting go of Ray would be a mistake imo.

The man jumped up in year two and got 8 sacks. Last year.....a bad wrist injury that was with him the whole season. The man played with a club arm.

That tells me the man wants to be on the field for his boys.

His production last year was reflective of that injury. You can't use effective pass rush moves without your hands in the trenches.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/1...-wrist-injury/

If Denver lets him go.......mistake. AND if we DO draft Chubbs........even more we want to get another year.

Ray, Miller, Chubbs, Barrett together are going to bring stats for them all. If Shane kills it this year, we have him at a discounted rate. Franchise him and you're looking at 15 million for linebacker and 17 for defensive end.

Even if he gets another 8 sacks, hes worth the money if we have a great pass rush......not to mention we have the money to pay him.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

27. The Following 3 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information