Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Broncos undecided about Shane Ray’s 2019 option

Adopted Bronco:

If forced to choose between the two, I go with Ray. Deciding factor is Ray creates pressure where it seems like Shaq is more of an opportunist.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    However, 16 tackles and one sack in 8 games is not worth 9 mill.
    so getting injured in camp and being put on IR had nothing to do with it, nor did losing over 25 pounds of muscle from being unable to lift weights for five months because of the torn tendon in his hand...so your thinking that a lose of upper body strength, and injured hand had nothing to do with his inability to get the push off or disengage the blocker so he can rush the passer, had nothing to do with it

all simply a lack of talent or skill

4. The Following User High Fived arapaho2 For This Post:

Supposedly, from Troy Renck, they will evaluate his injury before making a decision. Could be a simple question of whether they think he's recovered enough physically.

If they don't extend him, he'd be a FA next off-season. At that point they would have to compete in FA if they wanted him in 2019. In short this would be another first round draft failure to add to Elway's list of draft failures- like Sylvester Williams whom they also did not extend to a 5th year and departed in FA.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    In short this would be another first round draft failure to add to Elway's list of draft failures- like Sylvester Williams whom they also did not extend to a 5th year and departed in FA.
    Guessing they will soon be adding Paxton Lynch to that list of 1st round failures.

Even if we let Ray walk, I am not sure you can count that as a failure.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

You got to think adding Chubb would just create way more opportunities for Miller, Ray, Barret and Wolfe to get to the QB. We would be the best team that creates pressure on the QB.

But it still doesn't fix our anemic offense. I would be ok with Chubb but we better draft ALOT of offense in the rest of the draft.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

I still think we are giving up on ray way to soon, I don't think we have seen the real Ray yet

last year was a injury killed season for him ...you look at chubb and rays college stats and there isn't much difference between them

no enough for my to say drop ray and draft chubb

10. The Following User High Fived arapaho2 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    I still think we are giving up on ray way to soon, I don't think we have seen the real Ray yet

last year was a injury killed season for him ...you look at chubb and rays college stats and there isn't much difference between them

I agree...but definitely enough for me to say drop Shaq and draft Chubb. I think Ray can still be good and by the time Chubb needs to be paid...Miller will likely be done.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post

I agree...but definitely enough for me to say drop Shaq and draft Chubb. I think Ray can still be good and by the time Chubb needs to be paid...Miller will likely be done.
    So Miller is only going to play 10-11 seasons? Dude has a motor to play well beyond that. Maybe done in Denver but I believe he plays longer than that barring injury. Meanwhile Julius Peppers has played 17 years.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I dunno chubb is a hand in the dirt college 4-3 DE...we play a 3-4 with ray and miller standing...can chubb play the OLB position, or will he be like Demarcus walker another DE that we tried to play OLB...and he failed

in college he was a qb killer as a DE...as a bronco he was totally ineffective as a OLB...is that what we would get with chubb...if so we are wasting the #5

15. The Following User High Fived arapaho2 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

We have Miller ray and Barrett as pass rushers. We have walker too who sounds like will be moving back to DE. Chubb is unproven and nobody can say will be able to match 8 sacks a season like Ray did as rotational player. I fear if Chubb is drafter he will relieve Miller and take his snaps down trying to get him playing time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    We have Miller ray and Barrett as pass rushers. We have walker too who sounds like will be moving back to DE. Chubb is unproven and nobody can say will be able to match 8 sacks a season like Ray did as rotational player. I fear if Chubb is drafter he will relieve Miller and take his snaps down trying to get him playing time.
    Ray's had one season where he's had eight sacks not multiple seasons. Last year was wasted because he was injured so I'm confident if he's healthy he will produce. True we don't what Chubb would be able to produce, but that was also true of Miller when he was a rookie. Why would you fear Chubb getting playing time and Miller getting an opportunity to rest. In 2015 there were plenty of times when our two most prominent pass rushers getting on sideline with Barrett and Ray getting snaps. I like the idea of sending waves of pass rushers at opposing quarterback. That said, Chubb is 4-3 defensive end and who knows if he has hip flexibility to switch OLB. It's just my opinion, but of the non-quarterbacks that could potentially could on the board when Denver drafts Chubbs seems like the most not to be there because Giants need a pass rusher I think it would be hard for the Browns to pass on a bookend for Garrett.

18. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information