Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Broncos among worst in creating offensive line value

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Small, no power, misses A-gap pass rushers, gets trucked in pass pro and run game all the damn time, average in every way. Been the leader/makes line calls for an annually pathetic OL every year he’s been a starter.

He’s the Zane Beadles of C’s.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 04-20-2018 at 12:04 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Small, no power, misses A-gap pass rushers, gets trucked in pass pro and run game all the damn time, average in every way. Been the leader/makes line calls for an annually pathetic OL every year he’s been a starter.
    You just described Jeff Saturday, who one day might make the HoF. Paradis is an overall effective blocker. He's worked wonders through injuries and with suspect talent around him. He had to make calls for the scrub QB's we've put behind him, too.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    You just described Jeff Saturday, who one day might make the HoF. Paradis is an overall effective blocker. He's worked wonders through injuries and with suspect talent around him. He had to make calls for the scrub QB's we've put behind him, too.
    My point is, he’s also a suspect talent.

Gary Kubiak probably thinks he’s Dwight Stevenson.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

My point is, he’s also a suspect talent.

Gary Kubiak probably thinks he’s Dwight Stevenson.
    Sometimes you outplay your talent. Then sometimes you're a POS like TS.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Basically the Broncos are getting what they pay for and end up going back to the drawing board every year.
    If they got what they paid for it wouldn't be as bad as it is. Watson, Stephenson, Okung, is they played up to their contract the line would have been closer to average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Really hitting the koolaid hard lately Top, I’m worried about you.
    I could be wrong but I don't see Top koolaid kind of guy. I think he's mentioned he likes having a beer every once-in-awhile, and would be surprised if like brotein shakes, but koolaid? Nah.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I think that's about to change. Anyone would have to admit that Leary was a stupendous signing.
    Paradis was an excellent draft choice, and Bolles is a budding star. Veldheer was a dramatic
    upgrade to what was there before (which isn't really saying much, I understand, but we'll see).
    And this years OL class in the draft is really deep. I think the Broncos will come out of this with
    a really strong OL with some depth . . . finally.
    How is Bolles a budding star? He was awful last season. He was the oldest of the 3 tackle prospects in last years draft and turned out to be the worst of the 3.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    How is Bolles a budding star? He was awful last season. He was the oldest of the 3 tackle prospects in last years draft and turned out to be the worst of the 3.
    I'll agree the jury is still out on Bolles as it pertains to "budding star", but would argue that Robinson was terrrible last year and Ramczyk plays right tackle. So, Bolles was actually the best rookie LT last year. Technically.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Don't say this too loud you will wake up Joel.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I'll agree the jury is still out on Bolles as it pertains to "budding star", but would argue that Robinson was terrrible last year and Ramczyk plays right tackle. So, Bolles was actually the best rookie LT last year. Technically.
    Then this was arguably the worst LT class in history because Bolles was not good. He's a below average, and well below average, starting LT in the NFL.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:

Then this was arguably the worst LT class in history because Bolles was not good. He's a below average, and well below average, starting LT in the NFL.
    Agreed on both statements. But he was a rookie at a premium position. He'll never be Joe Thomas, but he can still be much better. The bigger problem in all this is the lack of OT development at the college level. QB's and WR's coming to the NFL with limited exposure to pro-style offenses is discussed all the time, but no one ever mentions how that also affects the quality of blockers. The quality of LT's in this current draft is only marginally better than last year due to the quantity of them, but they ALL need work. 2019 holds some hope with Greg Little and Trey Adams, but not much beyond those two.

Point being, while Bolles isn't great, he does appear to be the best of what was available at a time of need.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Agreed on both statements. But he was a rookie at a premium position. He'll never be Joe Thomas, but he can still be much better. The bigger problem in all this is the lack of OT development at the college level. QB's and WR's coming to the NFL with limited exposure to pro-style offenses is discussed all the time, but no one ever mentions how that also affects the quality of blockers. The quality of LT's in this current draft is only marginally better than last year due to the quantity of them, but they ALL need work. 2019 holds some hope with Greg Little and Trey Adams, but not much beyond those two.

Point being, while Bolles isn't great, he does appear to be the best of what was available at a time of need.
    I agree with your assessment of the college game. But I do think we should have drafted Ramczyk. Yes he played RT for the saints but for us he would have been a LT and I just simply believe he's a better player. Our timing sucks. We had a huge need at LT in the worst LT class that I can ever remember and we ended up drafting a guy that in a lot of other tackle classes would have been a 2nd rounder at best.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:

I agree with your assessment of the college game. But I do think we should have drafted Ramczyk. Yes he played RT for the saints but for us he would have been a LT and I just simply believe he's a better player. Our timing sucks. We had a huge need at LT in the worst LT class that I can ever remember and we ended up drafting a guy that in a lot of other tackle classes would have been a 2nd rounder at best.
    Another way to look at it is Ramczyk played RT because Armstead is at LT...and Armstead wasn't "that" much better than Bolles was last year. Nevertheless...all of the guys last year AND this year are no better than 2nd round talent. Inevitably, it's going to come down to how well these players are developed by their NFL teams, becasue the college teams are doing nothing with them lately. So, in a way, we are a bit ahead of the curveball in that regard. Now it's just a matter of development on our end.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

You're debating that with me and a whole lot of other people.

I believe he is a budding star, and so do a whole lot of other people.

That is all.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Really hitting the koolaid hard lately Top, I’m worried about you.
    Why, because my world isn't as dark as yours?

A little optimism surely draws a lot of fire here. What's wrong with people on this forum?
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information