Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Buzz: Denver and Other Teams

Default Draft Buzz: Denver and Other Teams

It's interesting how information is leaked.

One day, Denver is trading up to #2 or trading down. The next day, Peter King reports that Elway has no intention of trading up and really likes Quenton Nelson. It almost seems there is a subtle jousting back and forth between Elway and NYG in media leaks?

* Dave Gettelman really likes hogmaulies
    * There is a rumor of a tentative deal between NYG and Buffalo
    * New England is interested in Josh Rosen
    * New England has enough ammunition to get to 4 if Rosen is there
    * There is now talk of Miami wanting to trade up into the top 6

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Few things:

1.) Adam Gase and the Miami Dolphins are ******* black listed as far as I'm concerned. We shouldn't do business with Miami unless it involves completely fleecing them and embarrassing them publicly. That guy is dead to me.

2.) Gettleman is going to take Chubb if they don't trade the pick.

3.) The interesting thing becomes what does Cleveland do with #4? I think they take Barkley who is a superstar type who instantly energizes their fanbase in a way they haven't recently. But there could be a million teams looking to jump up to take one of the remaining "Big 4" QBs ahead of Denver. That's when things could get interesting, because if our QB isn't there and Barkley is - I think we take him... Or one of the other teams could be equally desperate to get the last of the Big 4 QBs, in which case maybe we consider a trade?

3. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Few things:

1.) Adam Gase and the Miami Dolphins are ******* black listed as far as I'm concerned. We shouldn't do business with Miami unless it involves completely fleecing them and embarrassing them publicly. That guy is dead to me.

2.) Gettleman is going to take Chubb if they don't trade the pick.

3.) The interesting thing becomes what does Cleveland do with #4? I think they take Barkley who is a superstar type who instantly energizes their fanbase in a way they haven't recently. But there could be a million teams looking to jump up to take one of the remaining "Big 4" QBs ahead of Denver. That's when things could get interesting, because if our QB isn't there and Barkley is - I think we take him... Or one of the other teams could be equally desperate to get the last of the Big 4 QBs, in which case maybe we consider a trade?
    Between Buffalo, Miami, and New England already, don't you think either Cleveland or NYG trades out?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by 7alpha30 View Post
    Between Buffalo, Miami, and New England already, don't you think either Cleveland or NYG trades out?
    Sashi Brown got fired (unjustly) for trading down too much. I think Cleveland is feeling the pressure to pick a couple contributors at the top of the draft. I think it's certainly possible they trade #4 - but if I were betting on it, I think they make their pick.

New York needs an edge rusher after trading JPP and that talent drops off pretty quickly. I also think Gettleman would need to be overwhelmed if he's trading that pick as his very first order of business as Giants GM.

So in both cases I think it's possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Sashi Brown got fired (unjustly) for trading down too much. I think Cleveland is feeling the pressure to pick a couple contributors at the top of the draft. I think it's certainly possible they trade #4 - but if I were betting on it, I think they make their pick.

New York needs an edge rusher after trading JPP and that talent drops off pretty quickly. I also think Gettleman would need to be overwhelmed if he's trading that pick as his very first order of business as Giants GM.

So in both cases I think it's possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Did he get fired for trading down per se or passing on some good QBs in doing so? People wouldn't care as much about trading down if it didn't mean passing on Carson Wentz or Goff.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived 7alpha30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I think it's Liar season.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Few things:

lol! i get where you're coming from, but i don't blame gase-- i blame JFE for hiring the idiot child coach who let it happen. . .

i agree that the giants aren't trading down. . . i think cleveland might. . . barkley brings a lot of sizzle, but dorsey is a solid football mind-- he's going to do what's right to build the team long term after getting his QB at one. . . knowing what the chiefs and saints got from 3rd round backs last year, i think he'll be satisfied that he can get better value by adding a back later, and turning barkley into a lineman and a DB who both project to play at a high level longer. . .

12. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

After NE basically said a big **** you to Cleveland in the JG trade in that they were not sending him to where QBs go to die, if I were Cleveland I would say it right back.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    After NE basically said a big **** you to Cleveland in the JG trade in that they were not sending him to where QBs go to die, if I were Cleveland I would say it right back.
    I wouldn't, but I'd drive the price up ridiculously high.

15. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    lol! i get where you're coming from, but i don't blame gase-- i blame JFE for hiring the idiot child coach who let it happen. . .

i agree that the giants aren't trading down. . . i think cleveland might. . . barkley brings a lot of sizzle, but dorsey is a solid football mind-- he's going to do what's right to build the team long term after getting his QB at one. . . knowing what the chiefs and saints got from 3rd round backs last year, i think he'll be satisfied that he can get better value by adding a back later, and turning barkley into a lineman and a DB who both project to play at a high level longer. . .
    I think they'll stay at four and take second impact player like, Chubb, Nelson, Ward, or Fitzpatrick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

So you have zero animosity towards Gase for running up the score on us and laughing about it on the sideline? I agree that Elway and Clown Shoes need to bare much of that blame - but Gase doesn't get a pass from me. **** him.

18. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I think they'll stay at four and take second impact player like, Chubb, Nelson, Ward, or Fitzpatrick.
    Between NYG and Cleveland, who is more likely to trade down? There's going to be a ton offered.

20. The Following User High Fived 7alpha30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

So you have zero animosity towards Gase for running up the score on us and laughing about it on the sideline? I agree that Elway and Clown Shoes need to bare much of that blame - but Gase doesn't get a pass from me. **** him.
    i can't work up much outrage towards him. . . we're supposed to be a professional organization-- if we send a helpless team out there, it's not his job to keep them from getting embarrassed. . . we let a team led by jay effing cutler stomp our ass, that's on us. . . JMO. . .

22. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

i can't work up much outrage towards him. . . we're supposed to be a professional organization-- if we send a helpless team out there, it's not his job to keep them from getting embarrassed. . . we let a team led by jay effing cutler stomp our ass, that's on us. . . JMO. . .
    Yeah but cmon the onsides kick was just insult to injury. He was trying to send a message that JFE needs to pay - clearly forgetting that he is Adam Gase and John Elway is the GOAT. If Elway decided to blacklist him for the SF job then he probably deserved it.

24. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Yeah but cmon the onsides kick was just insult to injury. He was trying to send a message that JFE needs to pay - clearly forgetting that he is Adam Gase and John Elway is the GOAT. If Elway decided to blacklist him for the SF job then he probably deserved it.
    Do you think you could whip Gase's ass?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information