Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: T's backyard

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    A Hasselblad H5D-200c, with a 800mm Zeiss lens.

j/k I googled most expensive camera and that came up.

I have a Nikon D5500 and mostly use an FX Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6.

Not knowing what I was doing, I got a crop sensor camera, which is OK I guess for the wildlife shots, since it sort of blows things up. Once I figured things out, I've bought FX lenses, even though I have a DX camera figuring my next body will be an FX.
    That’s a good camera. Nice photos.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

We turned a second floor bedroom into my office, and so there's a bay window that sits about 150' away (and 30' above) the food plot I planted. So, I leave the camera setup there. I'm shooting through the window (which really needs to be cleaned), but that's where most of my shots are from.

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

A few more from the backyard that I liked, like the deer grooming each other and can't get enough of fawns (last year) couple that aren't the back yard.

My two dogs:

After reading a book on photography, was trying to experiment with a near object in focus and far objects out of focus. Still learning how to properly setup shots like this.

6. The Following 7 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Tned, tell me about the owls down there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

They go whoot whoot. Unlike kids, they are heard, but never seen.

I love owls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Ok, I think these are cool timelapse videos from last April when the entire bottoms flooded. Unfortunately for the guy that owns it, just a few weeks after the fields were planted.

This is my deer cam. Normally I have it more zoomed in on the feed plot you can see just on the edge of the woods, but if there is a flood event (or a big tornado day), I unzoom it to take in the full valley.

This is the water coming in over about 48 hours.

Then, this is the water receding (mostly) in 24 hours.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That's a really nice spread, T.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    That's a really nice spread, T.
    My yard only goes to the tree line, but even though I don't own what's below me, it's nice to look out on nothing but woods and the river valley. My old house, the backyard neighbors back porch was closer than that food plot, quite a bit closer.

14. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Took some more pictures this morning. There were eight deer in the food plot and a few more lingering in the woods. With my 200-500 lens, couldn't quite back off enough to ever get a shot with all of them in the same picture.

The last one was one of the deer hanging back in the woods and too nervous to come up into the food plot.

Last edited by Tned; 04-23-2018 at 10:22 AM.

16. The Following 8 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Here's another five shot rapid fire sequence. One of the deer got territorial and chased another off and then they go back to grazing.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Those are great shots, T. Where's all the bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Those are great shots, T. Where's all the bucks?
    No horns right now, so it's hard to tell sex. Based on some of the aggressiveness and the fact none of them look pregnant, I'm going to guess that group was all bucks. There are some other groups that come through where some of them are already starting to look like cows. I think they will start dropping foals around here over the next 2-6 weeks.

That said, I'm not a hunter (haven't hunted in over 25 years) and just started watching them last year when I planted the food plot.

Going by memory, last year I think mid to late may is when I first saw antlers starting to show by late May and by mid June, they were prominent but still a ways to go. Unfortunately, my food plot burned up (heat) in late June and the deer stopped coming. This year I think all throw down some deer feed (oats and attractant) periodically to keep them interested and they will also munch on my Zoysia once the oats bring them in.
    Last edited by Tned; 04-23-2018 at 09:38 AM.

21. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Antlers grow very quickly.

I think this first one was one of the first ones I caught on camera and it was May 31st last year. The other three were June 22nd, so you can see how much they grew just in a few weeks. So, I would expect to start seeing antlers in the next 3-4 weeks.

One of the cool thing about bucks is they run in bachelor groups in the spring and summer and don't begin to go solo until the fall. So, last year there were multiple times I had 10-12+ bucks in the food plot.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

They look like dinner.

j/k. I don't really care for venison.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information