Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: BroncosForums will continue, but under new management

Default BroncosForums will continue, but under new management

The Town Hall thread we had makes clear that most members still want BroncosForums to continue. As has been discussed, there are issues that need to be addressed, and I’m unwilling to continue the site on an as is basis.

So, effective immediately, I’m turning over management control of BroncosForums to Davii. He will take on all admin functions except for technical issues that he will call upon me for at least until he's up to speed on the technical administration functions.

Davii is committed to keeping the site run in the spirit it was first started, which was to have rules and the enforcement of the rules consistent with the desires of posting community that regularly visit, or what I have referred to the community at large. As the community changes, then those rules might, and have, changed.

While Davii is committed to honoring the spirit of how this site was created, ultimately it will be his call on how the site is run going forward.

Specifically, there are a few areas that he has proposed, and I fully agree with, which is a more structured approach to sending out CYPs (PMs when you’ve violated a rule) that will reference the rule that is being violated. When it comes to banning, he will re-implement a more regimented approach, that short of grievous circumstances, would escalate, first a three day ban, then seven, then 14, then 30, etc. Bans will still require a majority vote of active mods, and permanent bans will require a unanimous vote of mods and be reserved for the most egregious acts.

There will also be a public explanation as to why a member was banned. Although for obvious reasons the full ban discussion conducted by mods will not be shared with the public.

I will be subject to all of the above regarding CYPs and bans.

Now, this is what Davii has indicated to me as his vision for going forward, but as indicated above, ultimately it will be his call on how exactly these changes (which are relatively minor in practice) or any other are implemented.

While I will address any questions about handing over control to Davii, it will be his responsibility to ask any questions you have about how BroncosForums will be run going forward and about any of the above changes that I mentioned.

P.S. The other thread is closed down, as it's served it's purpose. Any questions about the path forward can be asked and addressed here.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

So, effective immediately, I’m turning over management control of BroncosForums to Davii.
    Cant think of anyone better to hand it off to Dent. Well, except for me of course. No seriously, i love Davii and it was a solid choice. Im sure Davii will need an advisor though and im free. Think about it Davii, you and me? LOL

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Davii is the best of us so this is probably a wise decision.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

excellent! T, thanks for everything, man. . .

i nominate shane falco for the new mod squad. . .

9. The Following 9 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Sounds great! I know I've been a headache around here but I will do my best not to cause any problems under the new structure. That other thread was cathartic in getting everything out in the open, now it's time to move on.

Thank you for all you've done for the board, t. I know we've butted heads, but I do have a ton of respect for what you've done here. And I couldn't think of a better choice to take over than davii.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I will not be putting my hat in the ring for MOD duties as I feel it will harshly affect my role as super troll.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Sounds like a good compromise so that you will stick around and freely post still Tned and the site can continue.

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Sounds great! I know I've been a headache around here but I will do my best not to cause any problems under the new structure. That other thread was cathartic in getting everything out in the open, now it's time to move on.

Thank you for all you've done for the board, t. I know we've butted heads, but I do have a ton of respect for what you've done here. And I couldn't think of a better choice to take over than davii.

I kid i kid

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I can think of two or three who would be good candidates (not me, if that's what you're thinking), and Davii is the best of them, IMO.

I'm all-in with this decision while remaining grateful to Tned for what he has achieved. This site is still the result of his work.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Davii......I'm hoping the current Mod squad considers/reconsiders remaining as Mods. It was a good group.

21. The Following 6 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Btw.....thanks Tned. I hope you stick around as well.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Davii is a great choice. Again, thanks T for starting BF. Those were fun times back then.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I will not be putting my hat in the ring for MOD duties as I feel it will harshly affect my role as super troll.
    I'm with you there (though not trolling) I'd make an awful mod...Not to mention I already have self-esteem issues and people hate mods so...It would basically be the worst ever position I could hold.

27. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Davii......I'm hoping the current Mod squad considers/reconsiders remaining as Mods. It was a good group.
    Can we just settle for 2 out of the 3?

29. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information