Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: BroncosForums will continue, but under new management

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Maybe I should step back from that role and only serve as the person doing appeals, etc. That actually seems to make sense. If I am also handing out CYPs it wouldn't do much good for someone to appeal their CYP from me to me.

Thank you for that BW. It's definitely something to think on and I think I will step back from the moderator duties. Before I make that decision completely though I would like to see who is still on board with being a moderator. If we're down to me, well, I guess I have to moderate for a bit!

My main point is A) Ensure fairness and B) give the mods a bit of a break from dealing with people whining, etc over their CYPs. If there are complaints they should come directly to me so the mods can go about what they need to do and can still enjoy the community at large.
    In general it might be best not to mod and appeal, but I trust that you will be fair, so no issues here.

I'm happy to see there was a compromise. Davii is really respected by everyone so I think you made a good choice Tned.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Perhaps you could still actively participate in mod discussions but delegate the sending of cyps to other mods. That way people don't feel like they are appealing CYPs from you to you.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Cool - good luck in "retirement". Thanks for trying to take everyone into account with your decision.

Davii - Don't tread on me!

(please)

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Well, it's probably best that the leader of men in battle takes over to lead us in shenanigans!

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Maybe I should step back from that role and only serve as the person doing appeals, etc. That actually seems to make sense. If I am also handing out CYPs it wouldn't do much good for someone to appeal their CYP from me to me.

Thank you for that BW. It's definitely something to think on and I think I will step back from the moderator duties. Before I make that decision completely though I would like to see who is still on board with being a moderator. If we're down to me, well, I guess I have to moderate for a bit!

My main point is A) Ensure fairness and B) give the mods a bit of a break from dealing with people whining, etc over their CYPs. If there are complaints they should come directly to me so the mods can go about what they need to do and can still enjoy the community at large.
    Just put the Marines in charge, bro. It'll get cleaned up. :-)

11. The Following 8 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Well, it's probably best that the leader of men in battle takes over to lead us in shenanigans!
    He'll probably want to sign back up for the military after a month.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    In general it might be best not to mod and appeal, but I trust that you will be fair, so no issues here.
    Yea I take it back. If Davii is a mediator of sorts he should not be nodding. Imo

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Have you ever thought to remain a Chief Mod with the other Mods ? Have a seperate panel of 3 just for appeals (no moderating or managing tied to the appeal process). Curious? May be too many people involved.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He'll probably want to sign back up for the military after a month.
    Right, send me back over, that shit hole is better than this shit hole.

17. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea I take it back. If Davii is a mediator of sorts he should not be nodding. Imo
    No nodding allowed!

19. The Following 6 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    No nodding allowed!

Damn phone

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Thank you! I really enjoy this website!

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Davii needs something to do when he retires.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Thank you. I would like to be clear, in light of the martial law comment, none of the rules are changing. I'm merely asking the moderators to point out the specific rule violated when performing a CYP and am asking the community at large to not go back after that moderator or start a wider problem, but rather to bring that issue directly to me for resolution. If we can't reach resolution THEN we will take it to the community at large.
    Ok General Washington.

Nah, all I meant was that transition can be turbulent without a clear vision and some measure of authority. Just putting forward the voice that we have confidence in your judgment to take the correct measure in unclear situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

25. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information