Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: BroncosForums will continue, but under new management

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Davii......I'm hoping the current Mod squad considers/reconsiders remaining as Mods. It was a good group.
    I agree, I wouldn't replace a single one of the people that left through this whole fiasco. All of them are good dudes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I would love to see Dread and NTL stick around as MODs.i can't think of 2 smarter folks on the board.

I believe Hawgdriver would be an excellent choice as MOD. I think Canmore would also be an excellent choice.

Here's my list of dudes who would be good mods
    Hawg
    Canmore
    Aberdien
    AlWilson4Mayor
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm still gonna stump for hotcarl.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

FTR,

Despite my dislike for the choice of moderator with ninja I am aware that the choice is not mine nor should it be on any level. If he can do the job and do it well he should be retained. If he can do the job that's all that matters here.

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Davii knows i love him.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Get ready for bootcamp, ladies and gentlemen!

Oh, and Rex - you too.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    The Town Hall thread we had makes clear that most members still want BroncosForums to continue. As has been discussed, there are issues that need to be addressed, and I’m unwilling to continue the site on an as is basis.

So, effective immediately, I’m turning over management control of BroncosForums to Davii. He will take on all admin functions except for technical issues that he will call upon me for at least until he's up to speed on the technical administration functions.

Davii is committed to keeping the site run in the spirit it was first started, which was to have rules and the enforcement of the rules consistent with the desires of posting community that regularly visit, or what I have referred to the community at large. As the community changes, then those rules might, and have, changed.

While Davii is committed to honoring the spirit of how this site was created, ultimately it will be his call on how the site is run going forward.

Specifically, there are a few areas that he has proposed, and I fully agree with, which is a more structured approach to sending out CYPs (PMs when you’ve violated a rule) that will reference the rule that is being violated. When it comes to banning, he will re-implement a more regimented approach, that short of grievous circumstances, would escalate, first a three day ban, then seven, then 14, then 30, etc. Bans will still require a majority vote of active mods, and permanent bans will require a unanimous vote of mods and be reserved for the most egregious acts.

There will also be a public explanation as to why a member was banned. Although for obvious reasons the full ban discussion conducted by mods will not be shared with the public.

I will be subject to all of the above regarding CYPs and bans.

Now, this is what Davii has indicated to me as his vision for going forward, but as indicated above, ultimately it will be his call on how exactly these changes (which are relatively minor in practice) or any other are implemented.

While I will address any questions about handing over control to Davii, it will be his responsibility to ask any questions you have about how BroncosForums will be run going forward and about any of the above changes that I mentioned.
    Tned, thank you, for the last decade but also the opportunity to be a larger part of helping the board move forward. I'm extremely thankful we could find a solution that keeps the board functioning as originally intended, and allows you to remain with us in the capacity you desire.

The moderator staff is free to stay if they wish, or to become regular posters if they wish. Moderating this forum is not an easy task, and one that is not only thankless, it's usually the opposite. It can wear you down over time and make this place a lot less enjoyable. We've had, in my extremely biased opinion, a wonderful group of moderators and I hope that at least the majority of them will stay on.

The few changes that have been discussed are not to any rules, they are more to how the moderators operate behind the scenes. I feel that we have been very fair, but certainly we have had our faults as we are all human. We should strive to ensure we are fair in the application of the rules, to that end, we should ensure that CYP rule violations are accompanied by the standard that has been broken. For instance, if I send a CYP to a poster I will say I am sending this because you broke the rule against personal attacks as found in the CoC stating, "blah blah blah".

We moderate to the standard, nothing else. That should clear up whatever misconceptions or misunderstandings there are. If you can read the CoC, you should know the standard you are held to. That standard will be applied equally to all, including the moderator staff and administrative staff. If there are issues with the CYPs, or if you feel there are issues with moderation I invite you to send me a private message and we will hash it out.

If a mod sends you a CYP informing you that you have broken a rule and you disagree, please, send me a PM and we will work it out. The moderators should also be able to enjoy the site without having to argue over semantics on a rule, if you feel they're wrong, hit me up and I'll chat with you about it when I get back online. If you and I can't come to agreement then we will look to the town hall to see if there are changes need or if the rule is too ambiguous, etc.

I promise you all I will do my best to run the forum in the vision that Tned set out over a decade ago, that this forum is for ALL of us. No one person gets to call the shots, run the show, or dominate the board. No clique gets to have their way with everything, etc. We're all here for the same reason, and it's not as much the Broncos as you would think, it's first and foremost the community. I have come to be lifelong friends with many of you here and I intend to do whatever I can to keep this place running in the manner intended.

Thank you for sticking around, thank you for being a part of our community. Let's please try and move forward as a community. While "the thread" may have been cathartic for some, I hope it also opened some eyes. If you don't like it here, please, feel free to move along. If you do like it here, be a good citizen of our community and do your part to keep it an enjoyable place for all.

Thank you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Just out of curiosity, Davii, are you still a mod as well?

No, he is an infidel mod.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Just out of curiosity, Davii, are you still a mod as well?
    I hadn't really given any thought to not continuing with that capacity. If there are concerns with that please share. If the majority think I should step away from that and only perform moderation in the sense that I'm basically hearing appeals then I am fine with doing so.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I hadn't really given any thought to not continuing with that capacity. If there are concerns with that please share. If the majority think I should step away from that and only perform moderation in the sense that I'm basically hearing appeals then I am fine with doing so.
    I'm cool with the temporary marshall law thing until the dust settles. I have absolute confidence in you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

No issue here, was just curious how that would work.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    No issue here, was just curious how that would work.
    Maybe I should step back from that role and only serve as the person doing appeals, etc. That actually seems to make sense. If I am also handing out CYPs it wouldn't do much good for someone to appeal their CYP from me to me.

Thank you for that BW. It's definitely something to think on and I think I will step back from the moderator duties. Before I make that decision completely though I would like to see who is still on board with being a moderator. If we're down to me, well, I guess I have to moderate for a bit!

My main point is A) Ensure fairness and B) give the mods a bit of a break from dealing with people whining, etc over their CYPs. If there are complaints they should come directly to me so the mods can go about what they need to do and can still enjoy the community at large.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Nah you should stay a mod as well.

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm cool with the temporary marshall law thing until the dust settles. I have absolute confidence in you.
    Thank you. I would like to be clear, in light of the martial law comment, none of the rules are changing. I'm merely asking the moderators to point out the specific rule violated when performing a CYP and am asking the community at large to not go back after that moderator or start a wider problem, but rather to bring that issue directly to me for resolution. If we can't reach resolution THEN we will take it to the community at large.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information