Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter King gives us some "inside information" on the Broncos draft plans

Default Peter King gives us some "inside information" on the Broncos draft plans

While I rather doubt that Peter King has any "inside information" about the Broncos draft plans, his article is worth a look.

Peter King gives us some inside information on the Broncos draft plans.

Here is what King had to say about what Broncos General Manager/President of Football Operations John Elway is thinking or planning on doing during the first-round of the 2018 NFL Draft.

DENVER, PICKING FIFTH (OR TRADING)

I’m told a few things about GM John Elway’s draft-night preference:

1. He’s very unlikely to trade up.

2. He doesn’t think Bradley Chubb will be available here (nor do I), but he also views Quenton Nelson as a long-time great guard who could anchor his offensive line for years.

3. He hasn’t given up on Paxton Lynch, and though there’s a quarterback he likes a lot here (my guess is Mayfield or Darnold), having Case Keenum in the house for two years makes the drafting of a quarterback in this draft a lower priority. And if Elway picks one, Lynch would be the Rocky Mountain version of Christian Hackenberg—living on borrowed time.

4. Per Albert Breer, the Broncos are also smitten with two other ideas: trading down, or replacing Aqib Talib with Ohio State star cornerback Denzel Ward.​
    If you credit this stuff, then you would believe that Elway like Chubb #1, but doesn't think he'll be there, is unlikely to want to pay the price to trade up in the draft and grab a QB, and might take Baker Mayfield if he's there at #5.

The fact that he still is stubbornly holding onto Paxton Lynch would probably mean that he's not drafting a QB in the top 5 because then Lynch would be "living on borrowed time." But, this observation will meet massive resistance from Broncos fans (like me) who want Lynch gone yesterday.

Thoughts?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I think Chaz is fully on board with #4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The thing I think is the newest piece of info here is that he believes Chubb will be off the board - seeming more and more likely that he goes to NYG at #2.

I think Chubb and Barkley are almost sure to go at #2 and #4 respectively... The Browns will take whichever guy the Giants pass on.

That means we will have our choice of Nelson, 2 QBs, the DB from Ohio State, and maybe some darkhorse linebacker? Rosen seems to be the guy most likely to fall to us as most of the speculation for the Browns is around Darnold/Allen and for the Jets it's Mayfield/Allen/Darnold... I kind of don't see us taking Rosen here, but what do I know?

If Rosen is there at 5 and they pass on him they are effing dumbasses.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

I agree.

I would prefer a guy like Barkley or possibly the guard but I think if Rosen somehow falls then we should swing.

8. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Peter King’s “Inside” info on the Broncos the last 5 years wouldn’t even count in the game of horseshoes. It’s hard for me to take this seriously, nor is it any more informative than the “throw something at the wall” predictions I’ve seen here.

10. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I think Chaz is fully on board with #4.
    **** yeah man.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

12. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    If Rosen is there at 5 and they pass on him they are effing dumbasses.
    If Rosen isn't one of quarterbacks Elway likes why would it make him a dumb ass? All of the top prospects at quarterback in this draft have red flags that includes Rosen who is arguably the most pro ready.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-19-2018 at 08:25 AM.

My inside source says we will be taking a guy at 5, moving up or moving back. Book it.

15. The Following 7 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    My inside source says we will be taking a guy at 5, moving up or moving back. Book it.
    Your inside source is never wrong.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

17. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    While I rather doubt that Peter King has any "inside information" about the Broncos draft plans, his article is worth a look.

Peter King gives us some inside information on the Broncos draft plans.

If you credit this stuff, then you would believe that Elway like Chubb #1, but doesn't think he'll be there, is unlikely to want to pay the price to trade up in the draft and grab a QB, and might take Baker Mayfield if he's there at #5.

The fact that he still is stubbornly holding onto Paxton Lynch would probably mean that he's not drafting a QB in the top 5 because then Lynch would be "living on borrowed time." But, this observation will meet massive resistance from Broncos fans (like me) who want Lynch gone yesterday.

Thoughts?
    My thought, I don't much stalk in what Peter King has to say about the Broncos. King's comment about Elway still believing in Lynch but at the same time he would take a quarterback if his (Elway's) guy is there. Assuming King means the 5th overall pick then Elway doesn't have much confidence if any in Lynch.

I think Denzel Ward would be a terrific pick and like Nelson, and Barkley he could be contributing right away. I wasn't to hot on the idea of trading down but I've warmed up to it.

19. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Your inside source is never wrong.
    Rick is smart, kind of like Einstein. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he's a proctologist.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-18-2018 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Rick is smart, kind of like Einstein. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he's proctologist.
    I once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express where I may or may not have performed an act of proctology.

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

I feel the same way every year at this point - I just want the draft over and the C+ to C- grades in from the publications/prognosticators in. Just pull the band-aid off and get it over with!

Broncos insider Troy Renck states he doesn't get any interest in Quenton Nelson at #5 and that the Broncos don't like Rosen for whatever reason.

From what little I know of college football, I would take Rosen at #5, but it appears some teams have doubts about him. Those doubts would have to be off-field stuff because the on-field was pretty good. Accurate arm, analytic mind, what's not to like? Attitude?

If the Jets take Mayfield at #3 then the incentive for the Browns to trade back out of #4 grows strong, especially if they take Darnold #1 and Chubb is off the board at #2. The Cardinals, Dolphins and Bills are all potential trade partners.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information