Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Peter King gives us some "inside information" on the Broncos draft plans

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    His college coaches said the are coachability issues. I see that as possibly problematic, especially given our poor coaching recently.
    Did they? People keep saying this but never post the whole thing. His college coaches said he is a great player and needs to be challenged. Same thing they said about david carr this year. Mora had nothing but praise for him. I have not seen anything from a coach or player saying he has coach ability issues or was disliked or a problem.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Did they? People keep saying this but never post the whole thing. His college coaches said he is a great player and needs to be challenged. Same thing they said about david carr this year. Mora had nothing but praise for him. I have not seen anything from a coach or player saying he has coach ability issues or was disliked or a problem.
    You should understand things better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Not saying you are wrong topper but to me I find it funny how different everyone is on the QBs. I think Darnold is the worst of the bunch aside from Josh allen, whom I consider a 2nd rd prospect. Many people LOVE Darnold and I would take Baker or Rosen ahead of him in an instant. Darnold has bad mechanics, makes bad decisions with the ball. Love his ability no doubt, I just do not see him as being anywhere near as good as mayfield or Rosen. If anyone should fall I would guess it is him. But the other teams like him best so they, on a slight chance, know- just a teeeny weeny big more than I. But its close. It is not like they are paid to know these guys or anything.
    I really don't know enough to have a personal opinion on any of the QBs. Just mainly
    reporting what I have read and heard. I personally would like Chubb, or trade back if he's
    gone. But I say that as one only with outside information. In the end, all we can do is hope
    they get it right because there's nothing we will be able to do but watch.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

He said he's a millenial that needs to be challenged so he doesn't get bored and that the Browns should take Darnold first.

He also said Rosen is a great player, will be a great player, etc. What does it all mean? Who knows. Maybe he was taken out of context, maybe he didn't mean it as it sounds maybe he's trying to protect him from Cleveland.

I guarantee John has spoken with Mora personally and has a MUCH better idea what he meant than anyone here does.

If he picks him, great, that means John's questions were answered. If not, well, I guess they weren't. Neither way makes John infallible. Guess we'll see.

I've said and I'll say again, I'm on board with Rosen.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    He said he's a millenial that needs to be challenged so he doesn't get bored and that the Browns should take Darnold first.

He also said Rosen is a great player, will be a great player, etc. What does it all mean? Who knows. Maybe he was taken out of context, maybe he didn't mean it as it sounds maybe he's trying to protect him from Cleveland.

I guarantee John has spoken with Mora personally and has a MUCH better idea what he meant than anyone here does.

If he picks him, great, that means John's questions were answered. If not, well, I guess they weren't. Neither way makes John infallible. Guess we'll see.

I've said and I'll say again, I'm on board with Rosen.

I do not think we take Rosen. I do not think we take a QB at all. I think they will give Mayfield a good consideration should he fall to 5 but I doubt he does. My money says a trade back for sure!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

If I've learned one thing about this time of year its you can't believe anything you read or hear about any NFL team. It's all smoke and mirrors, there's power in keeping other teams guessing. For me Mayfield is a wild card at the 5 spot. If somehow he falls to 5 (I doubt he will after watching him practice for a week for the senior bowl) I think there are several teams that are going to try and trade up and get him. Denver could make out like bandits if a team like Buffalo decides they'll trade their two 1's and a second rounder for that 5 spot. Regardless it's going to be a very entertaining draft this year, I'm ready to see how this thing will play out.

11. The Following User High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Jim Mora said he would take Darnold before Rosen. What coach has ever said that about their QB. True, he was fired from UCLA, but still to take that potshot, one or maybe both of them are dicks.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Jim Mora said he would take Darnold before Rosen. What coach has ever said that about their QB. True, he was fired from UCLA, but still to take that potshot, one or maybe both of them are dicks.
    He also said that it was because of whom was picking where. The entire interview was a ******* disaster. His teammates seemed to really like the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    He also said that it was because of whom was picking where. The entire interview was a ******* disaster. His teammates seemed to really like the guy.
    If he turned out like Cutler I would hate him so much. I don't even want them to take the chance. He is accurate as hell though, if he can keep from getting broken in half he'll probably be decent (if he actually gives a shit).

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

If he turned out like Cutler I would hate him so much. I don't even want them to take the chance. He is accurate as hell though, if he can keep from getting broken in half he'll probably be decent (if he actually gives a shit).
    I wonder what 9'er thinks of Rosen.

Remember how much he HATED Cutler? I called him after we selected Cutler. He couldn't even talk.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

He weights 220 pounds, he's going to be fine. If he has to gain some weight, that's not an issue, either. Rosen represents a cerebral, accurate, and aggressive QB. If he can play people will follow him. Aaron Rodgers is one of the biggest ******** in the game. So is Tom Brady - if you can back it up you're going to be fine. Winning cures just about everything - and because his teammates did like him, and because he is an aggressive guy on the field with a ton of talent, he's well worth the pick, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    It's not that Rosen has had run ins with the law it's that there questions about his coachablility and is he kind of guy who teammates rally behind. He obviously has the talent to play the position but if he's difficult to coach his teammate don't buy into him as leader that's a recipe for disaster.
    Oh, I've heard the injury and character concerns. I didn't watch a lot of college football, so I don't have strong opinions about any of these guys.

I just reported what Troy Renck said after talking to Broncos insiders (not Elway obviously). There seem to be multiple reports that Rosen is falling out of the top 5.

Clearly nobody really knows at this point, but one QB was bound to fall. The scrutiny these guys get put under is enormous. One little flaw gets magnified tremendously when you're talking about the top 5 picks.

It's easy to draft an All-Pro player at #5, in fact it's expected. You should get a Patrick Peterson, if not a Von Miller at that spot.

Elway just better make sure he doesn't draft another Mark Sanchez (#5) at that spot!

20. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

To be honest, he said "he's a millennial" and that as long as he's challenged enough to be interested, "he'll be alright." Then he said that if he were the GM for the Browns he would take Darnold (for reasons that make little sense BTW).

Then he tried repeatedly to walk back the interview without actually repudiating anything he said, or stating that he was misunderstood. It was a total cluster bomb, leaving reporters wondering if the guy blames Rosen for losing his job.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Cutler and Rosen are nothing alike in personality. I guess one could argue that they both share the same thing about not being that huge vocal leader rah rah guy like Tebow was, but aside from that they arent very similar at all.
    Do you know Rosen personally? If you don't how would know more than his one head coach?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    While I rather doubt that Peter King has any "inside information" about the Broncos draft plans, his article is worth a look.

Peter King gives us some inside information on the Broncos draft plans.

If you credit this stuff, then you would believe that Elway like Chubb #1, but doesn't think he'll be there, is unlikely to want to pay the price to trade up in the draft and grab a QB, and might take Baker Mayfield if he's there at #5.

The fact that he still is stubbornly holding onto Paxton Lynch would probably mean that he's not drafting a QB in the top 5 because then Lynch would be "living on borrowed time." But, this observation will meet massive resistance from Broncos fans (like me) who want Lynch gone yesterday.

Thoughts?
    First thought, who gives a **** what you want done with PL?

You gonna rent a billboard?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information