Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter King gives us some "inside information" on the Broncos draft plans

Broncos insider Troy Renck states he doesn't get any interest from Broncos sources in Quenton Nelson at #5 and that the Broncos don't like Rosen for whatever reason.

From what little I know of college football, I would take Rosen at #5, but it appears some teams have doubts about him. Those doubts would have to be off-field stuff because the on-field was pretty good. Accurate arm, analytic mind, what's not to like? Attitude?

If the Jets take Mayfield at #3 then the incentive for the Browns to trade back out of #4 grows strong, especially if they take Darnold #1 and Chubb is off the board at #2. The Cardinals, Dolphins and Bills are all potential trade partners.

At that point, all the QBs except Rosen would be gone, as well as Chubb, but Barkley would be there for Denver.

2. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    If Rosen isn't one of quarterbacks Elway likes why would it make him dumb ass? All of the top prospects at quarterback in this draft have red flags that includes Rosen who is arguably the most pro ready.
    Because some of these guys know better than Elway . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Broncos insider Troy Renck states he doesn't get any interest from Broncos sources in Quenton Nelson at #5 and that the Broncos don't like Rosen for whatever reason.

From what little I know of college football, I would take Rosen at #5, but it appears some teams have doubts about him. Those doubts would have to be off-field stuff because the on-field was pretty good. Accurate arm, analytic mind, what's not to like? Attitude?

If the Jets take Mayfield at #3 then the incentive for the Browns to trade back out of #4 grows strong, especially if they take Darnold #1 and Chubb is off the board at #2. The Cardinals, Dolphins and Bills are all potential trade partners.

At that point, all the QBs except Rosen would be gone, as well as Chubb, but Barkley would be there for Denver.
    Rosen has injury concerns and he's also not exactly great at avoiding defenders. Many teams are worried about injuries.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Rosen has all the physical skills but appears to wilt under pressure. We already have Lynch who has all the physical skills but appears to wilt under pressure.

Just keep in mind this is disinformation season so even the local reporters often report the bs they get from their team's top brass to keep other teams from knowing who they really want.

I personally would be disappointed in a trade up because I don't see anyone worth the cost of trading up. Staying put and taking Nelson, Barkley, Ward or whomever is fine as long as they aren't reaching for somebody that's still projected to be there at #20. I'm fine with trading down, either for the Bills pair of #1s or a short trade down where we add a second. Miami at #11 makes the most sense but they don't have much in the way of trade pieces. The teams 6-10 don't appear to be needy of a quarterback.

Elway has thrown misdirections in past drafts so he's very capable of doing this again. That they've been so quiet about Nelson makes me think he's been their guy all along.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

It's not that Rosen has had run ins with the law it's that there questions about his coachablility and is he kind of guy who teammates rally behind. He obviously has the talent to play the position but if he's difficult to coach his teammate don't buy into him as leader that's a recipe for disaster.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Rosen has all the physical skills but appears to wilt under pressure. We already have Lynch who has all the physical skills but appears to wilt under pressure.

Just keep in mind this is disinformation season so even the local reporters often report the bs they get from their team's top brass to keep other teams from knowing who they really want.

I personally would be disappointed in a trade up because I don't see anyone worth the cost of trading up. Staying put and taking Nelson, Barkley, Ward or whomever is fine as long as they aren't reaching for somebody that's still projected to be there at #20. I'm fine with trading down, either for the Bills pair of #1s or a short trade down where we add a second. Miami at #11 makes the most sense but they don't have much in the way of trade pieces. The teams 6-10 don't appear to be needy of a quarterback.

Elway has thrown misdirections in past drafts so he's very capable of doing this again. That they've been so quiet about Nelson makes me think he's been their guy all along.
    I'm even ok with moving down especially if they can come away with a treasure trove of picks. Nelson may very well be the guy but I also wouldn't be surprised to find out that goal is to trade out of fifth pick. What Miami doesn't have to off this year they could what they have next season. It would hurt to already start collecting chess pieces for the 2019 draft.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-19-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Because some of these guys know better than Elway . . .
    It's interesting, some of same people from what I remember didn't like Cutler at least in part because his personality, but similar things are being said of Rosen. If they didn't Cutler in part because of personality why would like Rosen any better?
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-19-2018 at 08:55 AM.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    It's interesting, some of same people from what I remember didn't like Cutler at least in part because his personality, but similar things are being said of Rosen. If they didn't Cutler in part because of personality why would like Rosen any better?
    That is likely the reason for the reports that the Broncos FO isn't overly interested in Rosen.

12. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Cutler and Rosen are nothing alike in personality. I guess one could argue that they both share the same thing about not being that huge vocal leader rah rah guy like Tebow was, but aside from that they arent very similar at all.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

14. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Cutler and Rosen are nothing alike in personality. I guess one could argue that they both share the same thing about not being that huge vocal leader rah rah guy like Tebow was, but aside from that they arent very similar at all.
    Before those in the Broncos FO invest that rare #5 on one, they have studied them, talked
    to their families, friends, coaches, players, team employees, and maybe even the janitors.
    Trust me, they know these guys like the backs of their respective hands. I doubt that they
    have Cutler in mind when they judge a player such as Rosen, but more than one team seems
    somewhat skittish about taking Rosen. I wouldn't be surprised to see him slide down a ways
    in the first round.

16. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

On the very off chance that we take Rosen, I am probably going to get too hype. But, since we are definitely taking Nelson, I'm trying to warm up to the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

That is likely the reason for the reports that the Broncos FO isn't overly interested in Rosen.
    Rosen was brought in for a personal visit (so was Mayfield and I'm sure they have studied Allen thoroughly and probably know him already from his years at UW). That doesn't mean they like him or dislike him. Just means they are doing their due diligence. Don't forget also that Denver coached one of the Senior Bowl teams so if you want a sneak peak at some of their lower-round choices, study the Senior Bowl rosters.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Rosen was brought in for a personal visit (so was Mayfield and I'm sure they have studied Allen thoroughly and probably know him already from his years at UW). That doesn't mean they like him or dislike him. Just means they are doing their due diligence. Don't forget also that Denver coached one of the Senior Bowl teams so if you want a sneak peak at some of their lower-round choices, study the Senior Bowl rosters.
    Do you know, off the top of your head, how many senior bowl players we take each year? That's a good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Before those in the Broncos FO invest that rare #5 on one, they have studied them, talked
    to their families, friends, coaches, players, team employees, and maybe even the janitors.
    Trust me, they know these guys like the backs of their respective hands. I doubt that they
    have Cutler in mind when they judge a player such as Rosen, but more than one team seems
    somewhat skittish about taking Rosen. I wouldn't be surprised to see him slide down a ways
    in the first round.

Not saying you are wrong topper but to me I find it funny how different everyone is on the QBs. I think Darnold is the worst of the bunch aside from Josh allen, whom I consider a 2nd rd prospect. Many people LOVE Darnold and I would take Baker or Rosen ahead of him in an instant. Darnold has bad mechanics, makes bad decisions with the ball. Love his ability no doubt, I just do not see him as being anywhere near as good as mayfield or Rosen. If anyone should fall I would guess it is him. But the other teams like him best so they, on a slight chance, know- just a teeeny weeny big more than I. But its close. It is not like they are paid to know these guys or anything.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    His college coaches said the are coachability issues. I see that as possibly problematic, especially given our poor coaching recently.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information