Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: BroncosForums likely to be shut down

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'd be willing to pay $5 a month to keep this place alive. Hell, I'm barely a football fan anymore but I still come to this place.
    It's not about the money. I might put ads back up some day, but as the price keeps coming down it's been easier and easier to manage. I'm now out of pocket what I used to be when I ran ads, and was on a more expensive dedicated server.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Well, Freaks. We did it again.

Where's clay when we need him?
    Why do you say that
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Why do you say that
    Which part?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I'd be willing to pay $5 a month to keep this place alive. Hell, I'm barely a football fan anymore but I still come to this place.
    I love you

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I love you
    I know you do, but I'm not falling for this shit again, last time I did I woke up with a sore colon.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I know you do, but I'm not falling for this shit again, last time I did I woke up with a sore colon.
    Bartolo Colon.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    To begin, I'm all for considering the shutdown of P&R. This was intended from the beginning
    to be a football forum. P&R was to be a sideshow, as it were. It's amazing how much better
    we can be friends if we don't know each other's politics. Just saying . . .
    I opted in to the P&R forum for just a few days after the election just to watch heads explode. Other than that, I've stayed out of it because I have other political forums I can go to and, here, I want topics to be Broncos or NFL related yet politics rears it's ugly head even then - the Von Miller shark thread is a recent example, proving that you cannot completely divorce the Broncos from the political world around them. Still, I would favor nuking the P&R forum and suggesting folks go to, say, Free Republic or Democrat Underground if they want to express their political views.

I have run sports websites with forum discussions before and they are not easy to control which is why I have a great deal of respect for Tned and the mods. There are always going to be disruptors who absolutely must pick fights and belittle everyone they disagree with and some of those need to be banned for the good of the community as a whole. Those who can't constrain themselves to live within the mods' directives need to go elsewhere - I'm not moved at all by their bellyaching and whining. You can't say you love this site and then disrespect it by routinely disrespecting the rules of the site. You either modify your behavior or you go pollute someone else's site.

In short, my suggestion is to nuke the P&R forum and also get tough on the disruptors, no matter how much certain folks "love" them and threaten to leave if they aren't reinstated. The site is better off without them.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Well, Freaks. We did it again.

Where's clay when we need him?
    This is all your fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    This is all your fault.
    I know. They should ban me.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I say ban Denver Native.

14. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

If I am reading this right, this is an invite for those that do not like the way it's ran to go make their own and can feel free to take anyone with that they want.

If they are unsuccessful in the coup, BroncosForums will remain alive and kicking.

That about right?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

From one of Tned's posts -

"So, yea, we are good, but if we go forward with BF, all I would say, not just to you, but anyone that feels the need to MHS or PM me with any "all of us" type comments, just lay it out publicly. If you or others think everyone hates me and wish I would just leave BF, then don't send it via MHS or PM, create a Town Hall thread laying it out there."

BroncosForums' Posting Rules and Guidelines

12. Negative PM's and MHS messages: It is not allowed to use private messages and MHS messages to send negative or nasty messages. These will not be tolerated and swift action will be taken by moderators.

What this tells me is that some have never bothered to read the posting rules and guidelines, OR, they could care less, and think they can do whatever they want on here.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

17. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

"So, yea, we are good, but if we go forward with BF, all I would say, not just to you, but anyone that feels the need to MHS or PM me with any "all of us" type comments, just lay it out publicly. If you or others think everyone hates me and wish I would just leave BF, then don't send it via MHS or PM, create a Town Hall thread laying it out there."

12. Negative PM's and MHS messages: It is not allowed to use private messages and MHS messages to send negative or nasty messages. These will not be tolerated and swift action will be taken by moderators.

What this tells me is that some have never bothered to read the posting rules and guidelines, OR, they could care less, and think they can do whatever they want on here.

Clear as mud
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

Unless one of the two parties care to report it, who cares? Sometimes it's better to have it out over PM than to pollute the board with it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Unless one of the two parties care to report it, who cares? Sometimes it's better to have it out over PM than to pollute the board with it.
    Sometimes. Other times, it might be better just to grow up and let it slide off one's shoulders.
    (Speaking generally, not at you.)
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information