Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: BroncosForums likely to be shut down

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    That rules me out.
    That, and the fact that your Alaskan internet service provider may not be technologically advanced enough to provide you with enough bandwidth to host this site
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

2. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    If this site is 100% financially self-supporting, all we need someone with the tech savvy necessary to keep it going to step up.
    I don't think it is. Tned said he had put around 20k into the site over ten years.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

4. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    I don't think it is. Tned said he had put around 20k into the site over ten years.
    If he still sinking $2,000 of his own money every year, then that rules out trying to talk my stepdad into taking it over. He used to run a message board for Nam vets, so it wouldn't a problem for him to take over. However, with as much as he hates football, he's not going to spend $2,000 per year to do me a favor.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Okay, well, if it comes down to that, would it not be preferable to shut down P&R than to shut down the site?
    You would think so.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

7. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

As to the questions posed to me about who, other than Wave, I'm not going to get into that. Other than the fact that multiple people, both those banned and buddies of their's have made statements about it being because they disagreed with me. The mods have discussed the pros and cons, as I understand it, of addressing those somewhat regular cracks that are made, and have decided it's best to ignore them, or posters making cracks like, "well, I would respond, but if I disagree with Tned I'll get banned" which tells me at least some subset fall into the false narrative.

Also, the sentiment that you saw Wave express about the "all of us" in here, are similar to what he and several others have expressed privately to me about how most people on here dislike me, etc.

So, from my standpoint, it's a culmination of all of this. A rather tense last few years with my relationship with the mod team, which had me leave twice for extended (6+ months) periods and changing my Tned account to have only regular poster privileges so I don't see mod threads. A time where I don't feel they have dealt with attacks on me and they feel I've been a problem child they can't easily mod. Fairly regularly being accused of having people banned (regular being a relative term, since we really don't have many bans). Having a vocal minority regularly telling me via MHS and PM what a dick I am and that "all of you" wish I was gone.

I guess you could say that Abe and Wave are right about me being a bit whiny at the moment, but only for the purpose of letting you know why I'm likely pulling the plug after a decade, by suggesting someone start up a new home for the posters here, like I did ten years ago at the urging (and ultimately help) of Carol and Top, that someone do the same now.

9. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Okay, well, if it comes down to that, would it not be preferable to shut down P&R than to shut down the site?
    Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    You would think so.
    I dont believe Buff would like that.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    If he still sinking $2,000 of his own money every year, then that rules out trying to talk my stepdad into taking it over. He used to run a message board for Nam vets, so it wouldn't a problem for him to take over. However, with as much as he hates football, he's not going to spend $2,000 per year to do me a favor.
    Fortunately, the price of technology keeps going down. This year it will be $1200. I could got to even cheaper hosting solutions, like shared hosting or the like, but have resisted, because one minute they can be great, and then the next have horrible performance problems. I'm currently hosting this on a VPS that's about $85 a month, and then there are a handful of other costs each year.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    As to the questions posed to me about who, other than Wave, I'm not going to get into that. Other than the fact that multiple people, both those banned and buddies of their's have made statements about it being because they disagreed with me. The mods have discussed the pros and cons, as I understand it, of addressing those somewhat regular cracks that are made, and have decided it's best to ignore them, or posters making cracks like, "well, I would respond, but if I disagree with Tned I'll get banned" which tells me at least some subset fall into the false narrative.

Also, the sentiment that you saw Wave express about the "all of us" in here, are similar to what he and several others have expressed privately to me about how most people on here dislike me, etc.

So, from my standpoint, it's a culmination of all of this. A rather tense last few years with my relationship with the mod team, which had me leave twice for extended (6+ months) periods and changing my Tned account to have only regular poster privileges so I don't see mod threads. A time where I don't feel they have dealt with attacks on me and they feel I've been a problem child they can't easily mod. Fairly regularly being accused of having people banned (regular being a relative term, since we really don't have many bans). Having a vocal minority regularly telling me via MHS and PM what a dick I am and that "all of you" wish I was gone.

I guess you could say that Abe and Wave are right about me being a bit whiny at the moment, but only for the purpose of letting you know why I'm likely pulling the plug after a decade, by suggesting someone start up a new home for the posters here, like I did ten years ago at the urging (and ultimately help) of Carol and Top, that someone do the same now.
    I haven't ever seen you get into an argument other than in P&R

That should not be the tell all in keeping the site alive.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

As to the questions posed to me about who, other than Wave, I'm not going to get into that. Other than the fact that multiple people, both those banned and buddies of their's have made statements about it being because they disagreed with me.
    If this was the case, I would be one of the most frequently banned members of this board, and Libertarians would never get banned.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Well, there won't be any such urging from me again to go anywhere else. If this is gone, I'm done . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Best episode of BF ever. 10/10.

T ffs grow a pair like the American badass you are.

Everyone else, T is paying for this shit, someone has to keep the lights on, deal with it. It's called being a responsible adult.

Mods, jfc I'm so glad I didn't sign up for that. Respek. No really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

19. The Following 8 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Tned, I do believe that with the air being cleared, and with the mods maybe going the CYP with the rule citation, this would alleviate these issues. Now, I can't guarantee that, but I think you've said in some ways you wouldn't mind another ten years.

I think we can get another ten years. I am not typically an optimistic person, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

21. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Tned, I do believe that with the air being cleared, and with the mods maybe going the CYP with the rule citation, this would alleviate these issues. Now, I can't guarantee that, but I think you've said in some ways you wouldn't mind another ten years.

I think we can get another ten years. I am not typically an optimistic person, either.
    Really! I never noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Really! I never noticed.
    Only beloved Rosen gets my optimism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Tned, this is home for me and many more of us. We don't want a new home. Look at the start dates for most of us. I've left my soul here.

Please think this over. There has to be a solution.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information