Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: BroncosForums likely to be shut down

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    If we do move forward, I motion we have a general thread where we are free to air our grievances with one another.
    Agreed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

If we do move forward, I motion we have a general thread where we are free to air our grievances with one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    You know - this is not a bad idea. We can call it the Festivus thread.
    or the Thunderdome. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I like it.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

If we're allowed to be candid, and as somebody who believes that being candid is a good thing when dealing with people, then I have this to say about Tned:

When discussing politics, he is arrogant, self-righteous, pushes your buttons, well-researched, well-spoken, smug, overly sensitive, and 2conservative4me. For whatever reason over the last year or so he has gotten to be kindof a baby about what he perceives as "attacks" on him. Recently i've pretty much avoided serious discussions with him to protect us all from another unproductive and unnecessary outbreak of anger. I don't have the energy for that anymore! Nevertheless, I have enjoyed being his part-time nemesis in P&R over the years. We have had a lot of good discussions and rants and snide comments towards each other. I do not think he is a bad person and I have respect for him and appreciate his work maintaining this website. People get annoyed with each other, especially in P&R, and I hope he knows I never prayed for him to get hit by a bus or anything. We all have faults, especially when we get into heated discussions about politics etc. I know I am not innocent there. But I feel like this thread is perhaps a case of him overreacting to something that is not a big deal and acting like a baby over it. And I urge him to reconsider his decision.

This is only my perception of him. I hope he appreciates my honesty.
    Shut P&R down like on the other board is what I'd do.
    I opted out a year or two ago when I began to "hate" a couple of posters I used to like.
    Best thing I did.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Jaws For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

What a ridiculous shitshow of a thread. WTF did this accomplish? Folks don't need permission to start another site, nor to "recruit" members from this one. This is tantamount to a temper tantrum.

Also, thanks for giving the mods a heads up. Classy move. You don't see a problem with standing on your soapbox about how you don't mod and then give directives to moderators to not moderate this thread? Really? You see no problem with this?

If the standard going forward becomes "publicly justify bans to the population as a whole" or "change modding to my liking", then count me out. I've seen both sides here, and even excluding myself, I can say that this site enjoys some of the most thoughtful, intelligent, and fair moderators I've ever seen on any site.

Disagreeing with the style, or individual rules, or interpretations of the rules is fine, but trying to get everyone to agree to objective meaning in the rules that applies to any single post is a fools errand and doomed to leave you constantly dissatisfied.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    What a ridiculous shitshow of a thread. WTF did this accomplish? Folks don't need permission to start another site, nor to "recruit" members from this one. This is tantamount to a temper tantrum.

Also, thanks for giving the mods a heads up. Classy move. You don't see a problem with standing on your soapbox about how you don't mod and then give directives to moderators to not moderate this thread? Really? You see no problem with this?

If the standard going forward becomes "publicly justify bans to the population as a whole" or "change modding to my liking", then count me out. I've seen both sides here, and even excluding myself, I can say that this site enjoys some of the most thoughtful, intelligent, and fair moderators I've ever seen on any site.

Disagreeing with the style, or individual rules, or interpretations of the rules is fine, but trying to get everyone to agree to objective meaning in the rules that applies to any single post is a fools errand and doomed to leave you constantly dissatisfied.
    This site is not public property. It is privately owned. While no one needs permission to start
    another site, the owner here does have the right to prohibit or grant the solicitation of its
    members on this site.

And no, Tned does not usually do any moderating. But he has that right and should reserve
    it. He has a specific reason and right to request that the mods leave this thread alone. You
    have perfect freedom to moderate a plethora of other threads, so what is your problem with
    this one?

If you have that much of a problem with how this has been approached, then, yes, perhaps
    you should count yourself out.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

And I don't need your permission to create a thread regarding the future of this site.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.
    Last edited by Tned; 04-16-2018 at 09:15 PM.

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    This site is not public property. It is privately owned. While no one needs permission to start
    another site, the owner here does have the right to prohibit or grant the solicitation of its
    members on this site.
    No... I don't think so. He could make it a forum rule that such solicitation is not allowed (there is currently no such rule), and prohibit posts doing so, but he'd be fairly limited in enforcing such solicitation in private messages and other offsite communications.

And no, Tned does not usually do any moderating. But he has that right and should reserve
    it. He has a specific reason and right to request that the mods leave this thread alone. You
    have perfect freedom to moderate a plethora of other threads, so what is your problem with
    this one?
    I have lots of problems with this thread. To start...what is it accomplishing? It's "likely" to be shutdown? But just as long as everyone leaves? So, in effect, it's status quo?

I could go on, but it's pointless. The genie is out of the proverbial bottle.

If you have that much of a problem with how this has been approached, then, yes, perhaps
    you should count yourself out.
    I really wasn't asking for advice on the subject, but thanks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    And I don't need your permission to create a thread regarding the future of this she.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.
    I never said you did. See how that works?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

No... I don't think so. He could make it a forum rule that such solicitation is not allowed (there is currently no such rule), and prohibit posts doing so, but he'd be fairly limited in enforcing such solicitation in private messages and other offsite communications.

I have lots of problems with this thread. To start...what is it accomplishing? It's "likely" to be shutdown? But just as long as everyone leaves? So, in effect, it's status quo?

I could go on, but it's pointless. The genie is out of the proverbial bottle.

I really wasn't asking for advice on the subject, but thanks.
    One thing you should keep in mind. You're a mod. I'm not crazy about the idea, but you are.
    And that's all you are. I don't care how you think things should be done. You have nothing in
    this site. You joined it after it was developed and going. I saw what Tned went through to
    bring it to what it is. It's his blood, sweat, and tears -- and money -- in this site. It is a special
    thing that he has essentially recused himself from governing this board. He could take it back
    in a heartbeat if he wanted. But he won't. He just has a purpose for this one single thread. Is
    this too much to ask? But then, who cares if it is?
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

15. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

One thing you should keep in mind. You're a mod. I'm not crazy about the idea, but you are.
    And that's all you are. I don't care how you think things should be done. You have nothing in
    this site. You joined it after it was developed and going. I saw what Tned went through to
    bring it to what it is. It's his blood, sweat, and tears -- and money -- in this site. It is a special
    thing that he has essentially recused himself from governing this board. He could take it back
    in a heartbeat if he wanted. But he won't. He just has a purpose for this one single thread. Is
    this too much to ask? But then, who cares if it is?
    Yep, it's his site. And he has every right to create this thread. He has also worked hard (and even given an admin directive) that we should just be allowed to let it all hang out in here. So what is your problem with me complying with his wishes?

So, we've established that he can take it back, but that he's not going to take it back. Which leaves my original question. If the site is going to remain up (due to grudging obligation), then what is this thread for? Just to bitch at how shitty everyone is?

Ok, cool. Carry on. Awesomesauce.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

TNed should not cave to what any ****ing douchebag here says.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    TNed should not cave to what any ****ing douchebag here says.
    But by doing that he'd be caving to what you say.

Yep, it's his site. And he has every right to create this thread. He has also worked hard (and even given an admin directive) that we should just be allowed to let it all hang out in here. So what is your problem with me complying with his wishes?

So, we've established that he can take it back, but that he's not going to take it back. Which leaves my original question. If the site is going to remain up (due to grudging obligation), then what is this thread for? Just to bitch at how shitty everyone is?

Ok, cool. Carry on. Awesomesauce.
    Not everyone, Ninja

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Lol, well at least we've gained clarity on the true purpose of the thread.

Have fun!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information