Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 650

Thread: BroncosForums likely to be shut down

  1. #256
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    I went to Facebook and checked it to see if Facebook has a group. (Broncos Forums) Yup, they have "Broncos Forums" group in Facebook. I checked in and they have a link to this website. I was wondering if this group has the same members from here?

  2. #257

    Default

    You should always be able to post here and be treated like any other member but if it has reached a point where people are accusing you of abusing powers and mods are afraid of moderating you because you are site owner, maybe it would be wise to start posting anonymously.

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell
    Posts
    30,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I went to Facebook and checked it to see if Facebook has a group. (Broncos Forums) Yup, they have "Broncos Forums" group in Facebook. I checked in and they have a link to this website. I was wondering if this group has the same members from here?
    Not a Facebook fan. I go there with a purpose, but it is always disrupted by friends and
    family who want to chat. I don't like to chat. Oh, you see me posting here, but that is
    one-on-one. I like that about as well as I like talking on the phone.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)


  4. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:


  5. #259
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    50,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Tned, I wanted to pop in here before I went on my self-imposed ban of the forums to add my two cents. Some of these guys generally are dicks, sometimes people say and do things they shouldn't, at the same time, you aren't without guilt in it. Our blowup came from me trying to suggest you take it easy on another poster....You freaking lost your mind about it and it was a reasonable and politely worded suggestion. Then in the process, I suggested that if you thought I was behaving inappropriately to report it to the mods, you flipped out and said I was accusing you of abusing your power... (which I wasn't, just suggesting if I was behaving poorly, the mods could deal with me according to the rules of the board).

    I can't speak for anyone else, I don't WANT to have issues with you, I'd rather we could get along because before the scuffle we got along pretty well, but every interaction we have had for since I allegedly told you you were abusing your power (I didn't say it, you interpreted it that way) has been fairly hostile, to the point that I just choose not to interact with you. People shouldn't act the way they do towards you, there isn't an excuse for it, but you need to look at yourself and realize there are some things that you could be doing better in your interaction with others. I'm sorry we have had issues in the past, I'm sorry that you feel stressed dealing with this place. Hopefully we can all grow up and act like decent human beings towards each other.

    We ALL need to be better about being nice to each other, myself at the top of that list. There are some of you that are absolute a-holes and not just normal ********, like unwashed ******** with boils and in bad need of some toilet paper, I can be an ******* sometimes too and am not above it. I let some of you push me to the point that I end up being an ******* when I don't want to be, except when I do it, there is no pretense of being funny. There is zero reason people can't have different opinions and still be civil. It doesn't seem to happen very often around here, but it is believe it or not possible.

    Hopefully sometime this season we can all learn to play nice. If not, maybe the board won't be here to come back to when I finally decide I miss some of you guys...
    Frey, I appreciate the feedback. I do recall the mhs exchange and would have to look up the sequence to know if I overreacted that badly I remember it striking me wrong and turning ugly, but not every detail. So, I don't doubt I may have overreacted, because at the time I was getting it from multiple sides. I remember/perceived it a bit differently.

    As I mentioned before, with few exceptions, once an exchange has taken place I'm done with it and moving on to the next topic. I harbor no hostile feelings towards you, so was surprised by your statement.

    So, I just did a post search to see what I posted that you could perceive as hostile. I'll be honest, I don't see where you are coming from. I've responded to you in all kinds of threads and sub forums, with nothing hostile going back months

    The only thing I can think you could be referring to was our back and forth on what the Broncos could do to clear cap.

    To be honest, I'm at a loss as to whether you are projecting your perception of us having a problem, or if my posts come off as hostile with me being clueless to it.

    Here's the search I used, maybe you can have a look and help me understand what you perceived as hostile.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180416-142905.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	12016

  6. #260
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Glenn Martinez, Rahim Moore
    Posts
    27,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Tned, I wanted to pop in here before I went on my self-imposed ban of the forums to add my two cents. Some of these guys generally are dicks, sometimes people say and do things they shouldn't, at the same time, you aren't without guilt in it. Our blowup came from me trying to suggest you take it easy on another poster....You freaking lost your mind about it and it was a reasonable and politely worded suggestion. Then in the process, I suggested that if you thought I was behaving inappropriately to report it to the mods, you flipped out and said I was accusing you of abusing your power... (which I wasn't, just suggesting if I was behaving poorly, the mods could deal with me according to the rules of the board).

    I can't speak for anyone else, I don't WANT to have issues with you, I'd rather we could get along because before the scuffle we got along pretty well, but every interaction we have had for since I allegedly told you you were abusing your power (I didn't say it, you interpreted it that way) has been fairly hostile, to the point that I just choose not to interact with you. People shouldn't act the way they do towards you, there isn't an excuse for it, but you need to look at yourself and realize there are some things that you could be doing better in your interaction with others. I'm sorry we have had issues in the past, I'm sorry that you feel stressed dealing with this place. Hopefully we can all grow up and act like decent human beings towards each other.

    We ALL need to be better about being nice to each other, myself at the top of that list. There are some of you that are absolute a-holes and not just normal ********, like unwashed ******** with boils and in bad need of some toilet paper, I can be an ******* sometimes too and am not above it. I let some of you push me to the point that I end up being an ******* when I don't want to be, except when I do it, there is no pretense of being funny. There is zero reason people can't have different opinions and still be civil. It doesn't seem to happen very often around here, but it is believe it or not possible.

    Hopefully sometime this season we can all learn to play nice. If not, maybe the board won't be here to come back to when I finally decide I miss some of you guys...
    You live in Kansas don’t you.

  7. #261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I went to Facebook and checked it to see if Facebook has a group. (Broncos Forums) Yup, they have "Broncos Forums" group in Facebook. I checked in and they have a link to this website. I was wondering if this group has the same members from here?
    If it’s the same one I saw the posts are from several years ago.

  8. #262
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle of nowhere Kansas
    Adopted Bronco:
    Vance Joseph's Future Pink Slip
    Posts
    7,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Frey, I appreciate the feedback. I do recall the mhs exchange and would have to look up the sequence to know if I overreacted that badly I remember it striking me wrong and turning ugly, but not every detail. So, I don't doubt I may have overreacted, because at the time I was getting it from multiple sides. I remember/perceived it a bit differently.

    As I mentioned before, with few exceptions, once an exchange has taken place I'm done with it and moving on to the next topic. I harbor no hostile feelings towards you, so was surprised by your statement.

    So, I just did a post search to see what I posted that you could perceive as hostile. I'll be honest, I don't see where you are coming from. I've responded to you in all kinds of threads and sub forums, with nothing hostile going back months

    The only thing I can think you could be referring to was our back and forth on what the Broncos could do to clear cap.

    To be honest, I'm at a loss as to whether you are projecting your perception of us having a problem, or if my posts come off as hostile with me being clueless to it.

    Here's the search I used, maybe you can have a look and help me understand what you perceived as hostile.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180416-142905.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	12016

    You aren't going to find most of the additional hostility out in the open (it was in a gameday thread that got cleaned on November 27th) Most of it came in the form of MHS messages and messages on my profile wall and led to me reporting it to the mod staff. I only remember this because I never delete inbox messages lol. Admittedly we haven't had issues since then, but it's because I keep conversation brief anytime there is a need for convo and I try and never MHS you for any reason. I'm perfectly willing to give it another shot and put it behind us, because like I said, I don't want to have ill will towards you.

    It's entirely possible our original scuffle came at a bad time as you were taking it from all sides (some around here prefer it from all sides) I'm willing to say I'm sorry that it escalated. I don't remember specifics on how I handled myself either, just the initial lashing out that soured my feelings towards you for awhile. It is entirely possible that once the argument started I wasn't innocent in the way I handled myself after the initial contact. So if so I apologize.

  9. #263
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle of nowhere Kansas
    Adopted Bronco:
    Vance Joseph's Future Pink Slip
    Posts
    7,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    You live in Kansas don’t you.
    It does say that in my location yes.

  10. #264
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tracy, CA
    Posts
    18,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I went to Facebook and checked it to see if Facebook has a group. (Broncos Forums) Yup, they have "Broncos Forums" group in Facebook. I checked in and they have a link to this website. I was wondering if this group has the same members from here?

    My last post was 2012. Its pretty dead.
    "Precision beats power. Timing beats speed" - Conor McGregor

  11. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:


  12. #265
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle of nowhere Kansas
    Adopted Bronco:
    Vance Joseph's Future Pink Slip
    Posts
    7,140

    Default

    I've already said a lot more in here than I intended, but I do want to add one last thing. On the topic of mismodding or modding with an agenda... Especially in the case of Shane "rules are just suggestions" Falco. Some of you bring it on yourselves due to a chronic inability to obey rules.

    In regards to the more specific "why was my post deleted, but not his" situations. Most of the time it's because the original post didn't break rules, or was in a grey area. Just because you responded and broke the rules, doesn't mean that the original post broke any rules. It may have caused you to react poorly to it, but that doesn't mean it was against the rules, just that you reacted poorly.

    One thing that I think would greatly benefit this community is to do away with P&R. 99% of the problems are P&R related. This is a football forum. If you want to discuss politics, there is reddit for that. And hey, most of the time on reddit you can be as toxic as you want to be.

    The official boards did away with P&R at the end of last year and I'll be honest, the tensions have dropped dramatically. I know it wouldn't be a popular change because people like to argue over politics, but I think it would greatly reduce the accusations of "unfair modding" Because 9 times out of 10 it's P&R related.

  13. #266
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    50,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You aren't going to find most of the additional hostility out in the open (it was in a gameday thread that got cleaned on November 27th) Most of it came in the form of MHS messages and messages on my profile wall and led to me reporting it to the mod staff. I only remember this because I never delete inbox messages lol. Admittedly we haven't had issues since then, but it's because I keep conversation brief anytime there is a need for convo and I try and never MHS you for any reason. I'm perfectly willing to give it another shot and put it behind us, because like I said, I don't want to have ill will towards you.

    It's entirely possible our original scuffle came at a bad time as you were taking it from all sides (some around here prefer it from all sides) I'm willing to say I'm sorry that it escalated. I don't remember specifics on how I handled myself either, just the initial lashing out that soured my feelings towards you for awhile. It is entirely possible that once the argument started I wasn't innocent in the way I handled myself after the initial contact. So if so I apologize.
    This is what I'm talking about. I went and looked up the MHS history and I don't know what to tell you other than I think you should look through this timeline and who said what first, and compare that to what you described, including when I lost my shit.

    So, it starts with you posting this in a thread to something I posted that you didn't like:

    "Tned take it down a notch man. Yes, he did take shots earlier, it was a funny comment let it go and move on, We don't need a fight breaking out over a little bit of humor in an otherwise very humorless day."

    It prompted another poster to respond with the above quoted and say this to you: "Honestly, you playing mediator every time there's an argument is more annoying than the arguments themselves.
    Of course, that's just my unnecessary and completely irrelevant opinion on the matter."


    And here is the MHS exchange in order between you and I, and followed by that, is what you then posted on my profile/wall.

    I think you perception of what transpired and when I "lost my shit" is just a bit off.

    Tned => Freyaka 19:06, 1st Oct 2017 Well, considering your recent row with Top, calling me out after Spike took multiple shots wasn't in the best taste. [Post] [Edit] [Delete]
    Freyaka => Tned 19:09, 1st Oct 2017 See if I care tned... [Post] [Edit] [Delete]
    Freyaka => Tned 19:09, 1st Oct 2017 This whole, lets pick fights after a game crap gets old, if people don't like that oh well I guess. I'm not real bothered by it [Post] [Edit] [Delete]
    Freyaka => Tned 19:11, 1st Oct 2017 Besides, if we're being real honest, we both know Top was completely out of line and deserved what he got last week. I didn't do anything wrong, I just politely told you to chill out. So no, It wasn't in bad taste. Getting bent out of shape was. [Post] [Edit] [Delete]
    Tned => Freyaka 19:15, 1st Oct 2017 And Spike posted multiple digs at me and they were NOT meant in jest or humor, because he's done it multiple times before. IMO, you were out of line to pick sides and call me out. [Post] [Edit] [Delete]


    Then, a few minutes later (with 19:15 being 7:15 PM), you moved it to my wall apparently taking offense to the "IMO, you were out of line to picks sides and call me out." I think everyone can see the wall posts, since I think they are public, but posting a picture for ease. In response to my two MHS messages above, wrapped around your three, you pulled the oft used "if you have a problem with me get me banned" line.

    Freyaka - 10-01-2017 07:21 PM
    I'm sorry man, there is nothing out of line in this matter. You want to pick a fight with him, go back and talk to him about the post in question. Picking a fight 20 pages later on a post that was meant in jest and was actually pretty funny...

    I dunno, I guess talk to the mods and get me banned if I'm so out of line, I'm not going to apologize for it.

    Freyaka - 10-01-2017 07:23 PM Report
    Or if you really want to talk to him about it, rather than starting crap in public, I don't know, go post on his wall or PM him or something, not start a fight in a discussion and drag everyone else into it.
    Freyaka

    Freyaka - 10-01-2017 07:24 PM Report
    Sure he was wrong to make the comments he did earlier in the thread, I'll side with you there, but I guess I don't think yelling at him 20 pages later is an effective means of solving a dispute.
    Freyaka

    Only after all of that, did I "lose my shit."


  14. #267
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    50,935

    Default

    This is the crux of it. Am I oversensitive to this ban me or get me banned bullshit? Yea, no doubt, I'm sick of it and it pisses me the **** off.

    People asked me to tell me who's said it. As I said yesterday, while it happens with regularity, I don't remember who and when. Until Frey brought up this incident, I forgot about it. It just happens frequent enough both publicly and privately, that I've had discussions with the mods about making clear the lack of my involvement in bans, and it is a real raw subject for me, as evidenced by the image above.

    As I indicated, I find it real ******* offensive to be accused of something or having it inferred or in otherwise thrown out some variation of if you don't like it, ban me or if you disagree with T, you will get banned. As Frey said, even though how he described the leadup leaves quite a bit out, I lost my shit at the point when he pulled the if you don't like it, have me banned shit.

    Maybe we can move past this shit, but I'm done with this aspect of BF. If we go with option three, the site as it is, I will self impose a new rule that if anyone says Tned and ban in the same post, MHS or PM I'll ban their ass, then I can at least be worthy of the rep.
    Last edited by Tned; 04-16-2018 at 04:56 PM.

  15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:


  16. #268
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle of nowhere Kansas
    Adopted Bronco:
    Vance Joseph's Future Pink Slip
    Posts
    7,140

    Default

    It was overblown...Even re-reading it now, it was way overblown. I simply asked you to lighten up lol, I'm not going to rehash the argument further than we already have. I still don't see a lot in there. I could have worded a few things more clearly to express my intentions, I have a habit of poorly wording my thoughts, but most of that was just asking you to take a chill pill.

    Regardless, it's over and done. We all need to treat each other better. I include myself in that.

  17. #269

    Default

    Good grief.

    I feel like there's a Billy Bob Thorton quote from Tombstone that applies here.

  18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:


  19. #270
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle of nowhere Kansas
    Adopted Bronco:
    Vance Joseph's Future Pink Slip
    Posts
    7,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    This is the crux of it. Am I oversensitive to this ban me or get me banned bullshit? Yea, no doubt, I'm sick of it and it pisses me the **** off.

    People asked me to tell me who's said it. As I said yesterday, while it happens with regularity, I remember who and when. Until Frey brought up this incident, I forgot about it. It just happens frequent enough both publicly and privately, that I've had discussions with the mods about making clear the lack of my involvement in bans, and it is a real raw subject me, as evidenced by the image above.

    As I indicated, I find it real ******* offensive to be accused of something or having it inferred or in otherwise thrown out some variation of if you don't like it, ban me or if you disagree with T, you will get banned. As Frey said, even though how he described the leadup leaves quite a bit out, I lost my shit at the point when he pulled the if you don't like it, have me banned shit.

    Maybe we can move past this shit, but I'm done with this aspect of BF. If we go with option three, the site as it is, I will self impose a new rule that if anyone says Tned and ban in the same post, MHS or PM I'll ban their ass, then I can at least be worthy of the rep.
    The problem is, that's your perception. (at least in my situation) I didn't even know you had the "ability' to get me banned, and that was never the accusation. I admit my poor wording lent that perception to the discussion. And again, I am sorry for that misconception. It wasn't my intention at the time, I have never outside of that one time accused you of abusing anything.

    My statement had zilch to do with with me assuming you were abusing your abilities. As far as I knew, you used to have mod abilities and didn't anymore. I know more about it now due to all the drama, but I had no clue at the time. Remember, I was still fairly new to posting here at that time. I don't say this as if that makes it your fault, I see where the perception came from due to the wording, that is my fault intentional or not. I am making it clear now so that the air can be clear going forward.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 04-16-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group