Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44

Thread: BroncosForums likely to be shut down

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    How people have personal issues on a ******* message board is giving me an aneurysm.
    I don't like your tone Timmy.

I am having these delivered to your home.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I never said I haven't deserved any ban I've gotten. I definitely have. My issue is that due to my history, posters have free reign to tee off on me with no consequences, and I'm just supposed to sit there and take it with a smile. Pretty hard to amend my behavior when that's what I'm going up against.
    Not true. You have no idea the people that have or have not received CYPs for conduct related to you or others.

Again, the difference between someone who is banned and someone who isn't is very simple. When receiving a CYP some people say "got it" and modify their behavior. Maybe not permanently, but for enough time that it's not rising to the level of getting banned, it's just more talking to when they break another rule. Others decide it's their time to argue, fight, continue with the EXACT same posts and attacks they were just asked to stop, and push the mods into a corner.

Which one gets banned Wave?

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

I never said I haven't deserved any ban I've gotten. I definitely have. My issue is that due to my history, posters have free reign to tee off on me with no consequences, and I'm just supposed to sit there and take it with a smile. Pretty hard to amend my behavior when that's what I'm going up against.
    So you and T are the same person, NTL was right. That felt really dirty to say.

5. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Pretty hard to amend my behavior when that's what I'm going up against.
    Your behavior is completely on you. It's never hard to amend, it's your choice whether you amend it or not. If there are outside influences that stop you from amending your behavior it is because you chose to allow them or use them as an excuse.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I wasn't going to respond, but screw it.

You know, this is pretty rich considering the what three or four or more times I reached out to the mod team in the last six months and asked for advice on how to make things work better, how to deal with the personal attacks I wasn't supposed to respond to, I said that I WAS OPEN TO suggestions and advice. How many times did you respond? Yea, exactly.

I PM'd you and four other mods in the last week of Feb and told you I was thinking of shutting this down and why, including the fact that I had gotten ZERO, zilch, in terms of feedback on the multiple requests of how to go forward. Did you respond to that with any suggestions, feedback, anything? Yea, exactly.

So, I do thank you and have thanked you and the others repeatedly, but save the damn moral indignation.

This isn't exactly accurate. You did ask for guidance/advice and we did respond to you.

Dread even mentioned this earlier in this thread.

The advice was and is that the Admin of the site cannot willy nilly disregard not only the letter of the rules, but also the spirit of those rules. The Admin should hold themselves to the highest standard. You have claimed in this thread that you were asked to just "turn the other cheek". That's not really the whole truth. You were asked to report attacks and let us handle it, not return fire in kind.

You responded then, and continue to say in this thread that you won't do that.

That's your prerogative.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information