Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: BroncosForums likely to be shut down

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Tink said he would start a board.
    That would be terrible. All flat billed hats and white dudes from Iowa acting like thugs.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

2. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    That would be terrible. All flat billed hats and white dudes from Iowa acting like thugs.
    And Dudes doing dirty things to other Dudes.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

But the deadlifting pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    All I've ever wanted to do was post. I was personally happy on Mania, and could be again. I could be happy on the Mane, and have posted there regularly at times.

I only started this site because others wanted a new home. I then almost immediately stepped back from active control, first by creating a board to propose rules to the posters and get feedback, and then getting a mod team and requiring votes on bans, and very shortly after rarely participating in those discussions and no vote in bans.

So, in short, I want to ******* post without all the damn drama.

I typed more, but deleted. I just want to post, but I post with this name everywhere, and I'm not going to create a dupe account to post anonymously.
    I don't know what to tell you.

I don't think at this point there is a way to get rid of the drama, it's probably past that point. My suggestion was simply that, I can understand and agree with you wanting to use your normal UName. Unfortunately that seems to be part of the drama you want to not have to deal with. I don't know the answer to that. I am sorry that it's got to this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

All I've ever wanted to do was post. I was personally happy on Mania, and could be again. I could be happy on the Mane, and have posted there regularly at times.

I only started this site because others wanted a new home. I then almost immediately stepped back from active control, first by creating a board to propose rules to the posters and get feedback, and then getting a mod team and requiring votes on bans, and very shortly after rarely participating in those discussions and no vote in bans.

I typed more, but deleted. I just want to post, but I post with this name everywhere, and I'm not going to create a dupe account to post anonymously.
    Then post. I haven't always agreed with your viewpoint, but I've never seen where it should
    cause animosity. There are people who take it personally when you disagree. They should
    leave. I just don't know why people can't have a good hard debate and then put their arms
    around each other's shoulders afterword and say, "Boy, that was a good one. Now we just
    agree to disagree."

But now that there has been some stepping down, this is a chance for a somewhat of a
    new start. Why don't we sit down and hammer out some new guidelines and see what we
    can do? I love you, man, and I love most everybody here. This is not closing down a board.
    This is like breaking up a family . . .
    Last edited by topscribe; 04-17-2018 at 11:27 AM.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

We should be more self policing. If Wave for example, is acting a**** we ridicule him until he leaves or changes. I'm fine with Buff's way of thinking that this should be more wild west. It's why I hated the decision to make Wayninja a MOD. He was too heavy handed and I knew he would be. The reason I love this place oh so much more than BC is because we have more freedom to speak out about all kinds of shit and the MODs here have always been cool as shit. The modding at this site are way better than anywhere else I've been.

I say we give the wild west thing a try for a month. Shame and ridicule people acting like asshats and save banning for obvious spammers and dude's praising rap music or veganism (except Dave we can keep Dave)
    Let's Rid3!!!!

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

T., I think what happened is you ran afoul of human nature. I get what you were trying to do, and why. As long as you were Admin/Owner you could never have posted as a regular poster. The only way to do it would be to play the role of genial host. That is not your preferred style. I also get your decision to step away from the Mod area a couple of years back, because you were trying to keep yourself insulated from the day to day nonsense here and to maintain impartiality. In hindsight I think it backfired terribly; it cut our lines of communication, and the true knuckleheads here never believed it anyways - nor could they have been convinced. I didn't foresee that, nor did you, nor anyone else, but it happened. That's why you felt blindsided this October when we asked you to cool it.

It was kind of a cool experiment though, and I don't regret taking part in it
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

We should be more self policing. If Wave for example, is acting a**** we ridicule him until he leaves or changes. I'm fine with Buff's way of thinking that this should be more wild west. It's why I hated the decision to make Wayninja a MOD. He was too heavy handed and I knew he would be. The reason I love this place oh so much more than BC is because we have more freedom to speak out about all kinds of shit and the MODs here have always been cool as shit. The modding at this site are way better than anywhere else I've been.

I say we give the wild west thing a try for a month. Shame and ridicule people acting like asshats and save banning for obvious spammers and dude's praising rap music or veganism (except Dave we can keep Dave)
    Wayninja was scrupulously fair and diligent Mod we had so far as actually following the actual rules as written, which is what some people here are claiming they wanted. I think this part of your analysis is bogus. As for Wild West? **** no. I would want exactly no part in that
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Wayninja was scrupulously fair and diligent Mod we had so far as actually following the actual rules as written, which is what some people here are claiming they wanted. I think this part of your analysis is bogus. As for Wild West? **** no. I would want exactly no part in that
    Come at me bro.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

I agree. be like the Cambodia of the far east

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Sounds good to me!

Wayninja and I had our problems in the past. I was worried when he became a mod because I wasn't sure it would work. Way has been a great mod around here, anyone who says otherwise can politely speaking go eat a bag of dicks. I'm sad he had to step down over this nonsense.

None of the mod staff is bad, some are more rough around the edges than others, but this is a very fairly modded place, especially compared to other boards.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Wayninja and I had our problems in the past. I was worried when he became a mod because I wasn't sure it would work. Way has been a great mod around here, anyone who says otherwise can politely speaking go eat a bag of dicks. I'm sad he had to step down over this nonsense.

None of the mod staff is bad, some are more rough around the edges than others, but this is a very fairly modded place, especially compared to other boards.
    I think people just don't like way because he'll enforce the rules as written and doesn't GAF who you are. I think he was a great mod as well.

While I'm fine with going the wild West route, way embodied what a mod should be IMO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Then post. I haven't always agreed with your viewpoint, but I've never seen where it should
    cause animosity. There are people who take it personally when you disagree. They should
    leave. I just don't know why people can't have a good hard debate and not put their arms
    around each other's shoulders afterword and say, "Boy, that was a good one. Now we just
    agree to disagree."

But now that there has been some stepping down, this is a chance for a somewhat of a
    new start. Why don't we sit down and hammer out some new guidelines and see what we
    can do? I love you, man, and I love most everybody here. This is not closing down a board.
    This is like breaking up a family . . .

I like this let those who stepped down be done with then just replace Them and set new guidelines

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I've never cared for Ninja, and he's never cared for me. Heaven knows why. Just one of those
    things, I guess, as a lazy explanation. But we never crossed wires when he was mod. And
    coming from you and another mod (I already forget which one), if you have that high of an
    opinion of him, then I do, too.

Regarding the "Wild West" thing, add my "no." You mods have done a good job, IMO. That's
    not the problem.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information