Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: BroncosForums likely to be shut down

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Yep, it's his site. And he has every right to create this thread. He has also worked hard (and even given an admin directive) that we should just be allowed to let it all hang out in here. So what is your problem with me complying with his wishes?

So, we've established that he can take it back, but that he's not going to take it back. Which leaves my original question. If the site is going to remain up (due to grudging obligation), then what is this thread for? Just to bitch at how shitty everyone is?

Ok, cool. Carry on. Awesomesauce.
    As to why I started the thread, it was to decide how to proceed (unlike the motivations you prescribed to why I did it). I have already talked to someone willing to start a new site, but that person would prefer we work things out here instead. This was my attempt to get community feedback before we move forward with a new site and shut this, and my involvement, down.

Lol, well at least we've gained clarity on the true purpose of the thread.

Have fun!
    All I can say is wow.

3. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    All I can say is wow.
    I'm with you.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Angry

I would like to say that I don't deny ninjas assertion of my lacking class, but I will say that at the end of March I PM'd five long standing mods and told them in two long PM's that I was considering shutting down BF and included a long explainion of why.

Said I was going on a couple week business trip and would think about it on the trip.

More recently, a discussion with a narrower group of mods has taken place discussing options for a new home for regular posters.

As a new mod and one, as evidenced here, who isn't my biggest fan, you can understand why I didn't loop Ninja in.

Contrary to some of the motivations or goals some are claiming I had when starting this thread. They're are couple. Trying to decide the lleas painful/disappointing option: keep BF going or close BF (hopefully migrating people to knew site).

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

You haven't looped anyone in. You still haven't given a clear answer as to what the status of this site is. Can you at least do that?

It's being shut down? It's not being shutdown? It's being migrated? You'd LIKE it to be migrated, but if it isn't, then nothing changes?

It's a big fat load of nothing.

If this is your way of asking for things to change, it's an extremely shitty way to do so.

If it's not, then just announce the end date, or post when you have actual information instead of vague threats.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

You haven't looped anyone in. You still haven't given a clear answer as to what the status of this site is. Can you at least do that?

It's being shut down? It's not being shutdown? It's being migrated? You'd LIKE it to be migrated, but if it isn't, then nothing changes?

If this is your way of asking for things to change, it's an extremely shitty way to do so.

If it's not, then just announce the end date, or post when you have actual information instead of vague threats.
    That's a main purpose for this thread. The thread hasn't been concluded yet.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

I gave a long heads up to five mods about five weeks ago letting then know I would probably shut the site i down and told them why. I've had a communicated with a narrower group of mods about alternatives..

Look at our recent exchange in this thread. I think you can see why I chose a subset of modes to discuss this wth.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm still not really sure why Wayninja was ever made a MOD. Still disagree with it and think the site has been more heavily modded and tense since that poor decision.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Omg wow
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Your criticism of my approach is duly noted.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Get rid of a few other douchebags and problem solved. Too much open baiting and trolling and clique mentality.

Why should the whole be ruined for the very few?

Sounds like the Democrat party to me.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

14. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I gave a long heads up to five mods about five weeks ago letting then know I would probably shut the site i down and told them why. I've had a communicated with a narrower group of mods about alternatives..

Look at our recent exchange in this thread. I think you can see why I chose a subset of modes to discuss this wth.

What approach? Your threat of shutting down the site being used as a pretext for calling out posters you don't like?

Give me a ******* break.

Don't loop me in, I don't really care. But let's not pretend that this thread is somehow necessary in the 'process' of you deciding whether to shut it down or not.

Just shut the ******* thing down, or shut the **** up about it.

Also, I quit as mod. So hopefully the "tension" goes away.

16. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

So uh...thank we can grab a guard in the second round?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

18. The Following 6 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

If you are as upset about this thread that Tned started as it appears you are, maybe it would be best for you to find another Bronco site to post on.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Well at least one good thing has come of this thread.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information