Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: BroncosForums likely to be shut down

Default BroncosForums likely to be shut down

Some of you may have seen my posts in Town Hall or the suck thread.

After a decade, it's probably time for a new chapter.

Quick summary.

While I do the technical stuff and pay the bills, I have not had any active involvement in any ban discussions, in years (I think other than the first year or so, I haven't even had a vote and only rarely participated in discussions before mods voted and haven't even done that in many years). I have never unilaterally banned someone. I am about as anti-ban as Buff. I despise them and given my choice would only ban spammers.

So, I created the site, but with the agreement that rules would be created and agreed upon by the community and bans MUST be voted on and agreed by a majority of mods, so we could never have a trigger happy mod banning, or have bans instituted due to personal or topical disagreements. We've run that way since pretty much day one of the forum.

That said, we have a vocal group of posters that constantly complain about how things are run and a subset of them that routinely accuse me of having people I disagree with banned. While that's not true or anything close to the truth, the mods have been in a difficult position since the official policy is not to explain details about bans, and a belief (so I'm told, as my main account has no access to the mod forums) that if they counter those accusations they won't be believed anyway, so it's best to just ignore them.

I disagreed and still do, because I don't think there are many people that would put up and maintain (financial and time) a forum, allow others to set the rules, enforce the rules, and have no active part in managing AND then also sit back and allow people to regularly accuse him of abusing his power and banning people and just let it go. I've reached the point that if people are going to keep accusing me of abusing my power and banning people who disagree with me, then I should start doing what I'm accused of. However, since I DON'T believe that's what is right, this alternative is probably better.

Anyway, that's the only part of this last ten years that I haven't enjoyed and taken pride in. While we are a small community, and many people have moved off to Facebook or Twitter, it's one I enjoy and take great pride in.

That said, there is a vocal minority that don't like me or how the forum is run, and this same vocal minority regularly tells me via PM that the silent majority does not like me or how the forum is run.

I've now reached the point that I'm tired of that, and only that, aspect of BroncosForums, so the simple solution is just to end it.

So, while I'm not going to shut BroncosForums down, because I made the commitment when I started it that as long as people were coming, I would pay the bills and keep it open -- and I keep my commitments, I have given permission that if someone else wants to start up an alternate forum, they can openly recruit on this site.

My suggestion, for what it's worth, since as mentioned I'm told most don't like how I've setup BF to run, is to be careful about creating a place that's cliquish and where those not in the clique are abused or banned, simply for having different viewpoints.

With that, it's been a fun decade. I've enjoyed the Broncos conversations as well as political and other discussions in the opt in forums.

Once the transition happens, maybe I'll see some of you on the Mane or Mania or the new forum. If not, I've enjoyed it while it lasted.

It's been my pleasure and a source of pride to run BroncosForums for the past decade plus, and I'll miss it.

T

2. The Following 18 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

A decade of dominance as the best Broncos Site is nothing to sneeze at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Sad to see it go but know how it can be. I was part of another forum musically that recently closed down this year after 12 or so years so its not surprising to see it happen here. But thanks Tned, this was a great forum and a lot of fun and at least i made the BF HOF so the rest of you can suck it. (joking of course).

If anyone is interested i will begin to build my ultimate empire forum for Bronco and Tom Brady fans alike called TOMFOOLERY FORUMS. Let me know who wants to be a moderator!

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Oh good job people. You pissed off the guy with the ball and now he's taking it and going home.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Northman, that's the worst idea I've ever read.

Tned, since the forum is on the way out, and since it doesn't really matter at this point if abuses happen, give Northman a big ole perma ban!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I'm confused....the thread title says likely to be shut down, then in the thread it says "I'm not going to shut Bronco forums down."

So.....ummmmmmmmmm.....
    I’m the hobbit.

12. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    I'm confused....the thread title says likely to be shut down, then in the thread it says "I'm not going to shut Bronco forums down."

So.....ummmmmmmmmm.....
    It means he can be bribed by your sweet talk you dope.

So.....ummmmmmmmmm.....
    I made a commitment to keep BF going as long as people are coming here. I'll honor that.

However, I'm giving permission for someone else who thinks they can create a better ball, to put it in play and openly invite BF members to go there and play.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    It means he can be bribed by your sweet talk you dope.
    Ohhhh, im the wrong guy for that. I haven't been banned in 10 years (I deserve a medal) so I'll keep showing up until the poodles are released and doors locked.
    I’m the hobbit.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Ohhhh, im the wrong guy for that. I haven't been banned in 10 years (I deserve a medal) so I'll keep showing up until the poodles are released and doors locked.
    Timmy and I are very similar. I'm smarter and better looking though.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I made a commitment to keep BF going as long as people are coming here. I'll honor that.

However, I'm giving permission for someone else who thinks they can create a better ball, to put it in play and openly invite BF members to go there and play.
    For what it's worth, Tned, I don't think anyone can. Yes, there are a few things (very few)
    I don't like here, but you are responsible for none of that. Everything we talked about when
    opening up this site, you have consistently maintained. Thank you, my friend.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

20. The Following 7 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

If Broncos forums is shut down for good... we can create a group ("Broncos Forums") on facebook. Just a back up plan.

22. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I appreciate everything you have done TNED. I apologize deeply for any troubles I have caused you over the years. And I know I have. You’re a great man and a great fan.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I've truly enjoyed the last decade of membership here and enjoyed "spending time" with nearly everyone here. I've truly enjoyed those I've been able to meet and spend time with. I've made real, life long, friends here.

Hopefully we can find another resolution. Like making ban discussions public after the fact?

26. The Following 8 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I've truly enjoyed the last decade of membership here and enjoyed "spending time" with nearly everyone here. I've truly enjoyed those I've been able to meet and spend time with. I've made real, life long, friends here.

Hopefully we can find another resolution. Like making ban discussions public after the fact?
    IMHO, it's a good setup here. Just continue, and let the crybabies go their way. *shrugs*
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

28. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information