Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: BroncosForums likely to be shut down

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    i don't understand what provoked this thread or decision.

But it's been a fun 10 years. Maybe now i can stop wasting time and get some work done.
    you will continue to be a bad employee!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Get to work Abe! Lazy ass striker!

He's insolent!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I never saw where the mods gave Tned slack. You have to understand that you are not privy to
    communication between the mods and any member. But there was a stretch where Tned and I
    locked horns, and I mean big time. The mods got involved, and I have to say that they jumped
    on him as hard as they did me. So I'm talking from personal experience. I haven't seen everything,
    I know, but this is what I saw.
    You are right, but I think what King said is also fair. I have no doubt, and we not too long ago discussed this, that it's difficult for them to mod me. I have gotten CYPs, I have been part of receiving a blistering post or ten in a thread saying something like, "you _____ stop the ____ nonsense and grow the ___ up." But, the reality is that I have no doubt that modding me is a challenge.

At the same time, what people don't see is how much trolling, sniping and even outright attacks on me they've allowed to stand (even after reported in some cases) because they fear looking like they are playing favorites for modding someone that trolls or attacks me. That double standard, while also completely understandable, is not the most pleasant when in my shoes.

That said, I want to be perfectly clear that I think the mods have and continue to do an amazing job. How many people left the official site due to over moderation. Look at our ban log, there simply are not that many bans handed out. I think they do an excellent job of trying to keep this place enjoyable, but also close to civil.

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Top there have been times when you haven't been around, and I know you saw what you saw. This isn't a situation where 'you're not privy to things,' because I am friends with mods offsite and sometimes they've spoken with me. Not that there's been photos sent or anything covert like that. But, friends with people for ten years, you do pick up on some stuff.

And this is why, in the past, and I believe from some former mods too (I'd have to double check) mods have said maybe we make people privy to stuff to ease fears, or just for total transparency.

But again, your comment is appreciated because we're just talking.
    Yes, well, as I implied, I can speak only from what I saw. So I thought I would just add my testimony, FWIW.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    You are right, but I think what King said is also fair. I have no doubt, and we not too long ago discussed this, that it's difficult for them to mod me. I have gotten CYPs, I have been part of receiving a blistering post or ten in a thread saying something like, "you _____ stop the ____ nonsense and grow the ___ up." But, the reality is that I have no doubt that modding me is a challenge.

At the same time, what people don't see is how much trolling, sniping and even outright attacks on me they've allowed to stand (even after reported in some cases) because they fear looking like they are playing favorites for modding someone that trolls or attacks me. That double standard, while also completely understandable, is not the most pleasant when in my shoes.

That said, I want to be perfectly clear that I think the mods have and continue to do an amazing job. How many people left the official site due to over moderation. Look at our ban log, there simply are not that many bans handed out. I think they do an excellent job of trying to keep this place enjoyable, but also close to civil.
    I wonder if people realize you basically quit the site over being modded pretty harshly and still getting shit from all sides.

If everyone walked a way for a bit when getting a lot of CYPs there would never be a reason to ban anyone.

Instead, people get a CYP and respond by telling the mods that we're all ******** and **** off and then continuing to attack others... it happens...

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Your point is well taken. Davii is one of my best friends in the world. It's hard for him to mod me - I think at times he's deleted posts of mine before they are reported so I don't get into trouble. I've posted with the mods for about a decade. I do recall one text message along the lines of "I didn't want to do that, why did you make me do that?" You're not the only person whom is hard to moderate.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Hmmm . . . "you _____ stop the ____ nonsense and grow the ___ up."

Gem, right?

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Yes, well, as I implied, I can speak only from what I saw. So I thought I would just add my testimony, FWIW.
    The testimony you laid is useful because nine out of ten times it is the way things go. And lord knows that you used to have to moderate me a lot. So, it's not like I'm unappreciative of the notion that not everyone saw our conversations. I think one of them was "And in that post you were doing so well...until you told so and so to (poop) and fall back in it...why, King? Why would you do that?"

Gem, right?
    No comment, I changed the f-bombs to protect the innocent!!!

That said, a certain unnamed mod does have a way to make us step back and think, "ok, maybe we have been acting like a pack of children... "

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Gem, right?
    Gem would never say such a thing. Her posts would have asterisks instead

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

I don't understand what provoked this thread or decision.

But it's been a fun 10 years. Maybe now I can stop wasting time and get some work done.
    I was thinking the same thing! 😂

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

you will continue to be a bad employee!!!
    As long as the sun still rises in the east!

As long as the sun still rises in the east!
    I almost don't hate you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

The testimony you laid is useful because nine out of ten times it is the way things go. And lord knows that you used to have to moderate me a lot. So, it's not like I'm unappreciative of the notion that not everyone saw our conversations. I think one of them was "And in that post you were doing so well...until you told so and so to (poop) and fall back in it...why, King? Why would you do that?"
    Lol, I don't remember that. But we did have a whole lot of off-site discussions. I figure that was preferable to banning you.

Lol, I don't remember that. But we did have a whole lot of off-site discussions. I figure that was preferable to banning you.
    Joke's on you!

23. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information