Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: BroncosForums likely to be shut down

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    A lot of people think I'm a bit of a jerk, and I absolutely can be, but that isn't my default mode. I normally require people pushing my buttons to get there, we have some experience button pushers.
    Don't sell yourself short, you are a tremendous jerk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

2. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The people who keep getting in trouble and whine about it are the same ones being rude to others, harassing them to the point that they lash back at the agitator and when their trolling backfires on them they cry "why me, what did I do wrong"

I see the same behavior out of my Jr youth kids when we try to police things at church... Some around here can be rather juvenile...
    This shot is hysterical coming from you.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    We should be more self policing. If Wave for example, is acting a**** we ridicule him until he leaves or changes. I'm fine with Buff's way of thinking that this should be more wild west. It's why I hated the decision to make Wayninja a MOD. He was too heavy handed and I knew he would be. The reason I love this place oh so much more than BC is because we have more freedom to speak out about all kinds of shit and the MODs here have always been cool as shit. The modding at this site are way better than anywhere else I've been.

I say we give the wild west thing a try for a month. Shame and ridicule people acting like asshats and save banning for obvious spammers and dude's praising rap music or veganism (except Dave we can keep Dave)
    Wayninja was scrupulously fair and diligent Mod we had so far as actually following the actual rules as written, which is what some people here are claiming they wanted. I think this part of your analysis is bogus. As for Wild West? **** no. I would want exactly no part in that

Why no part in a wild west type of board? At least for awhile. Wouldn't that help take the stress off of you guys? At least try it out then if all else fails we can take steps back to a normal board again. It might actually open peoples eyes on to how much you all contribute.

And for the record I think ya'll have done an overall great job. Kinda shocked that this is all going on anyway.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    All hell broke loose because the moderators decided they wanted to clamp down on everything. Same as what happened at the other site we all fled.

I don't like framing it as the "wild west" -- that implies that all hell will break loose without a large team of moderators... And I'm suggesting that a community of 200 regular users can pretty easily police itself. Most of the controversies that arise seem to be more centered around the adjudication of an issue moreso than the issue itself.
    If you think these people can police themselves, I've got some oceanfront Denver property I'm trying to unload. That is patently absurd....

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Why no part in a wild west type of board? At least for awhile. Wouldn't that help take the stress off of you guys? At least try it out then if all else fails we can take steps back to a normal board again. It might actually open peoples eyes on to how much you all contribute.

And for the record I think ya'll have done an overall great job. Kinda shocked that this is all going on anyway.
    I detest bad manners. I've got no interest at all in hanging around anywhere, either real or virtual, where people are free to heap abuse on each other, or where "self-moderating" (usually by mobbing) is the method used to enforce norms. If y'all want to go that route, rock on. I wouldn't want to hang out in a bar with loudmouthed arse-holes either, and this was my virtual bar for the past decade give-or-take.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    All hell broke loose because the moderators decided they wanted to clamp down on everything. Same as what happened at the other site we all fled.

I don't like framing it as the "wild west" -- that implies that all hell will break loose without a large team of moderators... And I'm suggesting that a community of 200 regular users can pretty easily police itself. Most of the controversies that arise seem to be more centered around the adjudication of an issue moreso than the issue itself.
    When did we want to clamp down on anything? Why would we want to clamp down on anything, create more work for ourselves? **** no we didn't want to clamp down, we wanted to know how to enforce the rules that were already in place, we put it in Town Hall and the community didn't want to let loose.

In fact, one mod wanted to go free for all, the community said no. So don't put that shit at our feet. You got issues with that, talk to the community as it was their decision.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

It's not a shot, it's the truth. I don't like being an *******. If you remember, you and I used to get along well. You too shots at a close friends of mine and I didn't care for it. I have tried to put it behind and not do anything to antagonize you.

I'd much rather calmly talk football with people. Some people want to mock and belittle everyone instead.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Indeeeeed

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

If you think these people can police themselves, I've got some oceanfront Denver property I'm trying to unload. That is patently absurd....
    By "police themselves" what I mostly mean is that you don't get to report posts anymore.

I would personally want NO part in an unmoderated board.

The moment I would see people constantly policing (insulting) other members to make them behave, which would just turn into board off topic spam fests, I would be out of here.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

so, the consensus here is that we just shitcan wave, and then go back to how things were?

sounds like a solid plan. . .

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    When did we want to clamp down on anything? Why would we want to clamp down on anything, create more work for ourselves? **** no we didn't want to clamp down, we wanted to know how to enforce the rules that were already in place, we put it in Town Hall and the community didn't want to let loose.

In fact, one mod wanted to go free for all, the community said no. So don't put that shit at our feet. You got issues with that, talk to the community as it was their decision.
    FWIW, all of the mods were always fair with me. I got slapped when I deserved it.

I don't know why folks take this shit so seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post

QFT. There is a place like that. Its called the Mane. It sucks hugely because of it
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

21. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

You'll also notice, I don't get banned, the ones starting the fights and antagonizing do... I get we have our differences, (namely I'm friends with Cory, he's like a bother to me) I don't go out of my way to cause you issues at this point. The problem is there are plenty of people who do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    QFT. There is a place like that. Its called the Mane. It sucks hugely because of it
    I'm not sure that I buy this standard narrative that we've been hearing for years. The Mane sucks for many reasons, mostly technology related - not sure that open dialogue is one of them.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information