Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: BroncosForums likely to be shut down

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If mods are so sensitive to their modding being questioned that they are going to quit over it, then good riddance I say. I think this place has needed new blood in the moderating staff for quite a while now, so if this is what sparks it then awesome. (FTR Ninja, none of that was directed at you, you're some of the new blood in the mod staff I think we needed and I'd be sad to see you go).

Davii's post is how a mod should respond to legitimate criticism of how this place has been modded. To the others, bye.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If mods are so sensitive to their modding being questioned that they are going to quit over it, then good riddance I say. I think this place has needed new blood in the moderating staff for quite a while now, so if this is what sparks it then awesome. (FTR Ninja, none of that was directed at you, you're some of the new blood in the mod staff I think we needed and I'd be sad to see you go).

Davii's post is how a mod should respond to legitimate criticism of how this place has been modded. To the others, bye.
    And I won't miss you even a little bit either. You've single-handedly helped to make this place unpleasant more than any other single poster, mod, or admin.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

3. The Following 7 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

This post sucks. You should feel bad for making it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

If you think that's why anyone is quitting, you really haven't gotten a ******* clue. Nothing new though. Typical wave, go off being an ass with half the actual facts, stirring every pot you can find and then sit back with your hands in the air saying what did I do? For once in your posting here, own that you're a majority of the ******* problem here. You. Sit on your high horse with posts of how moderation should be done. When a good amount of the moderation having to be done because of you.

You want to sit and insult us, have at it, just know that while one party is airing all this laundry, there are sides that haven't been aired. Perhaps that's why you see people quitting. Not because we can't take it.

Pompous little piss ant.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't deny that my behavior here hasn't always been the best. I'll fully own that I deserve every ban and warning I've gotten here. My issue is and always has been that depending on how buddy buddy you are with the mods, you can get away with a lot of the same shit that people like jaded or king or I would get banned for.

I think that's why ninja has ruffled so many feathers as a mod. He'll actually fairly mod everyone whether they are in the cool kids club or not.

But hey, if it makes you guys feel better about yourselves to blame me for your shortcomings, then go for it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    And I won't miss you even a little bit either. You've single-handedly helped to make this place unpleasant more than any other single poster, mod, or admin.
    The feeling could not possibly be more mutual. I won't miss you as a mod in the slightest. Good riddance.

I don't deny that my behavior here hasn't always been the best. I'll fully own that I deserve every ban and warning I've gotten here. My issue is and always has been that depending on how buddy buddy you are with the mods, you can get away with a lot of the same shit that people like jaded or king or I would get banned for.

I think that's why ninja has ruffled so many feathers as a mod. He'll actually fairly mod everyone whether they are in the cool kids club or not.

But hey, if it makes you guys feel better about yourselves to blame me for your shortcomings, then go for it.
    Who do you think brought ninja up being a mod? He was an excellent mod. He didn't act solo. He didn't do things on his own on his own whims.

I've admitted my shortcomings as a mod. I'm at peace with why it was modded the way it was. I don't blame you for that. You're just not that important.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Bullshit.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

13. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

The feeling could not possibly be more mutual. I won't miss you as a mod in the slightest. Good riddance.
    No, it really isn't a good riddance.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Who do you think brought ninja up being a mod? He was an excellent mod. He didn't act solo. He didn't do things on his own on his own whims.

I've admitted my shortcomings as a mod. I'm at peace with why it was modded the way it was. I don't blame you for that. You're just not that important.
    Gem my beef is not with you. I guess you don't care since I'm not that important, but just wanted to put that out there.

It's looking like we need to go the plan B route. Maybe that old saying that familiarity breeds contempt is what applies here.

It's been a fun ride, and as I've said multiple times, not only in this thread, the mod team has done a great job. Having spent most of the ten years (not the last couple) at least casually observing discussions on bans and other actions, as I've said many times in other threads, they don't take them lightly.

That said, there are enough people that have made a sport out of trolling me, which I respond to, because I don't mind taking, but I do mind taking and not giving back, and that has clearly create great tension between me and the mods, as you've seen some of here. It's a tough situation for them. They don't want to "protect" the admin and they don't think they can mod him when he responds in kind to trolling, and I don't think it's acceptable to be told that as admin I should just take it.

I'm no prince, I defend my positions strongly in discussions and really don't grasp why people get so personally angry at those who hold differences of opinion, but I'll assume the failure to grasp that is my failure not others.

It's been a good ride. Thanks to the mods for keeping this place civil. Thanks for the great posters that made it an enjoyable place.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

This is why i totally stopped posting in P&R T. Totally not worth it man.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Ya know, this pisses me off. If some people are miserable here, then G.T.F.O. No one is forcing you to come to these boards. No one is forcing you to interact with anyone here.

I'm not innocent by any stretch, however I do believe that in most instances I've either publicly or privately apologized when I felt like my comments were out of line, and then I back down. Same goes with when I get a CYP or message from a MOD.

Are we really going to just let this site die because some can't be mature enough to change some of their behaviors?

Good f*cking grief, people.

19. The Following 9 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Gem my beef is not with you. I guess you don't care since I'm not that important, but just wanted to put that out there.
    No, but you go after the mod who has damn near the most integrity here of any of us. And if you're going to put him on blast, you need reminding of just who you are on this board!

21. The Following 6 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    This is why i totally stopped posting in P&R T. Totally not worth it man.
    I understand, but most of the issues and the tension between me and mods, and several posters, came in Broncos Talk. I don't doubt it's been mostly my making, but it is what it is. We'll all survive and have a lot more serious things in our life than a silly message board going away.

23. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information