Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: BroncosForums likely to be shut down

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    if you wanna start by spanking me, you can. . . i'll take one for the team!
    Prevert . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I'm in luck. I finally figured out how to post images not too long ago.
    I’m screwed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    If this site is 100% financially self-supporting, all we need someone with the tech savvy necessary to keep it going to step up.

Hold my beer, I’ve got this covered!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

4. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

I go grill for a night and this happens?

Its the ******* internet people. We are Bronco fans who post, and posted on the same site for 10 years. This is bullshit. Be adults. Ignore shit you need to ignore. Stop being little bitches, realize you can't change people's minds. Eat the shit sandwich, grab your balls and squeeze them sumbitches hard. Hurts eh? That's cause you're still a man, congrats. Carry on.

Both sides are ******* retarded. I'm sick of this shit. "Vocal minority" can eat shit and deal with the way things are run or gtco. "Silent majority" can also eat shit, grow some thicker skin, and realize people are never happy, and opinions will differ.

Bottom line: this is the best Bronco forum on the internet. Y'all are being ******* children. I swear to god, jeebus, allah, buddah, the ******* flying spaghetti monster, that crazy ******* bum I met that said be was Ezekiel and whatever damn deity you believe in, I will personally bludgeon the living **** out of you all with a tire iron if we can't make this work. **** sakes.

God speed. Go Broncos. Nostra-*******-timmy out.

#micdrop
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I've never once accused you of abusing your power. You're a real piece of work making this post right after I messaged you specifically saying I don't think you abuse your power.

Maybe you should take a look in the mirror when you wonder why so many people here don't like you. Although I guess it's easier to start emo threads like this threatening to shut down the board because of how mistreated poor wittle tned is.
    I always knew there was a great reason I never liked you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

After being banned from P&R multiple times over the years (deservedly so) and then permabanned (deservedly so) and then crawling back with my tail between my legs, I realized that I like a lot of you a lot better if I am unaware of your political views. (And I’m sure the same is said of me) That said, I find it interesting that those that I have had the most vicious interactions with over that time are the same S.O.B’s making things miserable on the board. But there is no doubt that the P&R harbors and births a nastiness that crawls into the rest of the board. It’s unfortunate but undeniably part of human nature. There are some people and relationships who battle it out and this makes them actually close and friendly, but that is the exception not the norm. In the end though, this deplorable right winger (who believe it or not didn’t vote for the current prez) thinks it is a good thing to not talk politics on a sports site. Doesn’t mean I don’t want to mix it up, just don’t think it’s a good idea when I actually think about it for awhile. Wisdom, I know.
    Last edited by atwater27; 04-16-2018 at 03:05 AM.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    A+ thread, brought back Shane.
    This is Shane coming back at the tail end of Broncoforums.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Okay, well, if it comes down to that, would it not be preferable to shut down P&R than to shut down the site?
    They had considered that but too many people like that part of the forum. Even though its an opt in forum it seems to be like crack to people who enjoy the bickering back and forth. I mean i get it, i go in there sometimes just to look at the trainwreck in progress but overall if it disappeared i think it would be much healthier for the forum honestly.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Falco, a lot of people just ate shit in here and had to humble themselves. Do you think I like humility? I put the word King in my ******* name, dammit. Of course I don't like humility. Please, for the love of goodness and joy, no more. Do it for me. Do it for your lawyer. I'll donate to Rand Paul or anyone else you want. FFS, no.
    Ive actually enjoyed this thread, not because of Tned considering to close it down but because it has allowed us to vent some of our feelings (Shane included) without any consequences. Its like a breath of fresh air really and thats a good thing. Some of the comments might sting some people but i think its good to get it out at this point.

15. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    As to the questions posed to me about who, other than Wave, I'm not going to get into that.

I guess you could say that Abe and Wave are right about me being a bit whiny at the moment, but only for the purpose of letting you know why I'm likely pulling the plug after a decade, by suggesting someone start up a new home for the posters here, like I did ten years ago at the urging (and ultimately help) of Carol and Top, that someone do the same now.
    Which is why i do think you should name them. I think this thread is serving a big purpose now by letting everyone get shit off their chest so if there were people other than Wave doing this to you than call them out, get it out in the open so that we all can either work through it or at the very least allow you and them to have their say regarding those situations. Im not a shrink but i do think that Kinger had a good point about airing this shit out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I hate modding you because it feels like I'm slapping you in the face after everything you've done.
    Listen sweet cheeks the only thing you need to be slapping in my face are those wonderful boobies.

We're in a catch-22 if we mod you, you get upset and you can say you don't get upset to your heart's content, but you do. And that's perfectly human. Then if we let other people's posts stand and don't do anything then we get bitched at for that, even though you don't want us to look like we're carrying on modding on your behalf. So either way we're screwed and in the long run we're here where the board that we all absolutely love and the people that we've all grown to think of his family might just be going away.

The only thing that has bothered me about the modding is where and what posts the mods have chosen to delete. Most of my grievances have come when ive been dinged with a CYP while having my posts deleted yet the instigators posts remain. I think that if you are going to try and douse out the flame wars that go on in various forums and threads that you (as a mod team) should be cutting the head off the snake in the process. So many times a member will take a jab at someone but then when that person responds they are the ones punished for it instead of the instigator. I dont care if the mods delete my posts if im out of line, i just want it to be fair and want "all" of the insults to be deleted. I think that is why sometimes look at the modding as using favoritism because some people's comments are left and that only pisses off the ones that responded even more.

But other than that the mods do a fine job. That felt good to get off my chest though.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    1st. How about we lower the standard of moderating? Have the mods just control spam and a few over the top things like real life threats against someone. Other than that just let it all air out. Take the PG-13 out and let this be a rated R board. Less headaches and drama for the mods.
    Just no. There is a board like that already called the Orangemane. Its because of that forum that i came here to begin with. To have it resort to that is pointless when a forum like that already exists in my opinion.

2nd. How about wipe the slate clean for everyone? Fresh start. Even some that where banned.
    Not unreasonable although im not sure how many of those that were banned are even still around at this point.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Tned, I think the only time we had an issue was over the Siemian stuff. I guess it’s possible that there were others that I don’t remember (sue me, I’m old). I will admit that disagreeing with you put me in an uncomfortable position because you pay the bills. To your credit, you never once used or mentioned your position in our “discussions.” Frankly, I think that, as the person who pays the bills, you should have as much say as you want about what goes on here. If I’m one of the people who you were referring to, I’m certainly willing to leave if it helps to sway you to keep the board.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

If this place does go, that would be sad.

Tned thanks for all the work you've done.

Honestly i still miss Broncosfreak, the Forum i came in here from, but aside from a very few extremely toxic people who continually troll and bait just to do it, this place was very good.

IMO some of the biggest offenders should have just been kicked out and be done with it.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

23. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Listen sweet cheeks the only thing you need to be slapping in my face are those wonderful boobies.

The only thing that has bothered me about the modding is where and what posts the mods have chosen to delete. Most of my grievances have come when ive been dinged with a CYP while having my posts deleted yet the instigators posts remain. I think that if you are going to try and douse out the flame wars that go on in various forums and threads that you (as a mod team) should be cutting the head off the snake in the process. So many times a member will take a jab at someone but then when that person responds they are the ones punished for it instead of the instigator. I dont care if the mods delete my posts if im out of line, i just want it to be fair and want "all" of the insults to be deleted. I think that is why sometimes look at the modding as using favoritism because some people's comments are left and that only pisses off the ones that responded even more.

But other than that the mods do a fine job. That felt good to get off my chest though.
    I echo these sentiments completely. I've lost count of the number of times I've gotten into it with someone, my posts were deleted, and theirs stayed.

To be clear, I'm not saying my posts shouldn't have been deleted. In most cases when I get personal, they probably should. But there are definitely cases of the initial jab staying while the reply gets deleted.

Also fully agree with whoever said earlier that there is a group of posters that get modded differently because "oh they're just joking around". That's definitely something that needs to stop, and could easily be fixed by the discussion to make ban decisions public, which I'd definitely be in favor of.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

As for our beef, tned, clearly nothing productive is coming out of it, so now that the air has been cleared I'm happy to leave it behind us if you are. Clearly you're not too fond of me and vice versa, so I think the best solution going forward is just for us to both get past it and let bygones be bygones, or just put each other in ignore if we can't do that. I'm game if you are. So consider this "Wave extends the olive branch, part 2"

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information