Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: BroncosForums likely to be shut down

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Please not now. It's like I'm in the front seat and there is some dank shit going on in the 3d row. Shane, Fiaz...don't make us stop the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

3. The Following 7 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Falco, a lot of people just ate shit in here and had to humble themselves. Do you think I like humility? I put the word King in my ******* name, dammit. Of course I don't like humility. Please, for the love of goodness and joy, no more. Do it for me. Do it for your lawyer. I'll donate to Rand Paul or anyone else you want. FFS, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Please not now. It's like I'm in the front seat and there is some dank shit going on in the 3d row. Shane, Fiaz...don't make us stop the car.
    Fine, I won't defend GEM when Shane is slandering her anymore.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I love you, kinger. I'm sitting here missing the talking dead, crying because this ******* place means the world to me, the people here mean the world to me. I started at mania, but this is home. The people here helped keep me straight. When I joined there I was going through the early stages of sobriety and needed to find a healthy outlet that wasn't drugs. I found it in this family. ..so **** no I don't want it to go away. It means something to me.
    Tned, this is a reason to keep this place open. Like, I'm a piece of shit and deserve to get hit with a baseball bat. But this is beloved GEM.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Tned, this is a reason to keep this place open. Like, I'm a piece of shit and deserve to get hit with a baseball bat. But this is beloved GEM.
    Your self esteem could use some work. You should let Joe be your life coach. He did offer.

9. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Your self esteem could use some work. You should let Joe be your life coach. He did offer.
    I'm a piece of shit and deserve a baseball batting because of my ultra high self-esteem. Joe as my life coach would be interesting, but I think he'd just make me exercise.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I have a plan, but I can't guarantee that I can make it happen.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

12. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I have a plan, but I can't guarantee that I can make it happen.
    Don't you send those damned D-Backs to attack me!

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    ok ill keep it on topic.

you just admitted the mods moderate different people differently.

Well no shit, im example A of this notion.
    The challenge has been multi-dimensional. As I said, and Gem added, I have no doubt that they struggle to mod me. But, they also have told me that I can't respond in kind when people troll and attack me, that I need to turn the other cheek, in essence, because it doesn't look good if the Admin responds in kind, and if they deal with the people going after me, then they are seen as protecting me.

I understand why think that's best, but that's also wrong. I don't have to take shit just "because" I pay for the site, unless I get the other benefit which is to bring down holy hell, which other admins do when they run their site as personal fiefdoms, when someone attacks them.

I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned something about it's fine if the rules are applied uniformly (something like that, not interested in going back for an exact quote), but that's been a problem forever on here and is worse with a small forum. Some people get passes because, "well, that's just who they are, they're messing around" and someone else can say the same thing and get dinged.

It's less about favoritism, I believe, and more an attempt to guess intent and just try and make it a "nice" place, which I think has become more a focus of the mods as the group of regular posters has become smaller. So, quite often it's less about rules and more whether or not posts are nice, which makes things very subjective. There is always a degree of subjectivity to modding, but the further we stray from being able to tie an action to a specific rule that was violated, the more subjective it becomes.

For instance, I was told by one mod that because I posted positive things about Siemian and created a few positive threads (the stat threads), that I had it coming when I was attacked by people. WTF? That's just all kinds of ****** up.

So, Shane, yea, I don't doubt that I've been modded differently, but a hell of a lot of times that non-even modding isn't in my favor.

Abe said I've become a winer that yaps about personal attacks, well that's what I've been relegated to, because I've been asked not to respond in kind, so especially in politics, when you guys (they know who they are) take your personal shots, and there are plenty, I'm left with ignoring, posting a , reporting or just making a comment about a personal attack so you know that I know but, then I leave it at that, because I'm not supposed to respond in kind. Shit gets old. So, by at least pointing out the personal attack, which Abe called whining about it, I'm saying, in essence without saying this, yea, I know what you did, but that's about all I'm going to do in response, because I'm not allowed to be a dick in return.

One thing I will say is that if this site stays up (or if you guys move on to another), I think the modding has to get back to all CYPs, and obviously bans that follow, being tied to specific rules that have been violated. CYP's should have rules quote or referenced that were broken, I can only speak for mine, and they haven't, and multiple times I have no idea in terms of rules why I got one (other than going back to the "tone" and wanting it to be nice). I think reasons for bans need to be laid out in more detail than the description in the ban log. Not sure it should be opened up to debate, but at least more visible, so if the community disagrees with how rules are being enforced, they can either let that be known or have discussions about changing the rules. There will always be a few of us here or there that get butt hurt and think we were treated unfairly, I'm not talking about that, but I mean if the community at large thinks things are going in the wrong direction, they need to be able to give steering to the mods and or change the rules. I also think bans should be escalating, as they were in the old days, 3, 7, 14, etc. But, that's just me chiming in on my personal opinion, which is probably not worth the white digital canvas I'm typing this on.
    Last edited by Tned; 04-15-2018 at 11:13 PM.

16. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

To bad this ALL come down to what goes on in the politics forums and threads.
    If it was just football, who cares.

I thought this was a Broncos board after all. Guess I was wrong.

I want us to stay. Came from Broncosfreak and brought a lot of friends. We have done tailgates and other things. I really thought that that's what this was supposed to be all about.

Let's keep it going!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

18. The Following 13 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    The challenge has been multi-dimensional. As I said, and Gem added, I have no doubt that they struggle to mod me. But, they also have told me that I can't respond in kind when people troll and attack me, that I need to turn the other cheek, in essence, because it doesn't look good if the Admin responds in kind, and if they deal with the people going after me, then they are seen as protecting me.

I understand why think that's best, but that's also wrong. I don't have to take shit just "because" I pay for the site, unless I get the other benefit which is to bring down holy hell, which other admins do when they run their site as personal fiefdoms, when someone attacks them.

I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned something about it's fine if the rules are applied uniformly (something like that, not interested in going back for an exact quote), but that's been a problem forever on here and is worse with a small forum. Some people get passes because, "well, that's just who they are, they're messing around" and someone else can say the same thing and get dinged.

It's less about favoritism, I believe, and more an attempt to guess intent and just try and make it a "nice" place, which I think has become more a focus of the mods as the group of regular posters has become smaller. So, quite often it's less about rules and more whether or not posts are nice, which makes things very subjective. There is always a degree of subjectivity to modding, but the further we stray from being able to tie an action to a specific rule that was violated, the more subjective it becomes.

For instance, I was told by one mod that because I posted positive things about Siemian and created a few positive threads (the stat threads), that I had it coming when I was attacked by people. WTF? That's just all kinds of ****** up.

So, Shane, yea, I don't doubt that I've been modded differently, but a hell of a lot of times that non-even modding isn't in my favor.

Abe said I've become a winer that yaps about personal attacks, well that's what I've been relegated to, because I've been asked not to respond in kind, so especially in politics, when you guys (they know who they are) take your personal shots, and there are plenty, I'm left with ignoring, posting a , reporting or just making a comment about a personal attack so you know that I know but, then I leave it at that, because I'm not supposed to respond in kind. Shit gets old. So, by at least point out the personal attack, which Abe called whining about it, I'm saying, yea, I know what you did, but that's about all, because I'm not allowed to be a dick in return.

One thing I will say is that if this site stays up (or if you guys move on to another), I think the modding has to get back to all CYPs, and obviously bans that follow, being tied to specific rules that have been violated. CYP's should have rules quote or referenced that were broken, I can only speak for mine, and they haven't, and multiple times I have no idea in terms of rules why I got one (other than going back to the "tone" and wanting it to be nice). I think reasons for bans need to be laid out in more detail than the description in the ban log. Not sure it should be opened up to debate, but at least more visible, so if the community disagrees with how rules are being enforced, they can either let that be known or have discussions about changing the rules. There will always be a few of us here or there that get butt hurt and think we were treated unfairly, I'm not talking about that, but I mean if the community at large thinks things are going in the wrong direction, they need to be able to give steering to the mods and or change the rules. I also think bans should be escalating, as they were in the old days, 3, 7, 14, etc. But, that's just me chiming in on my personal opinion, which is probably not worth the white digital canvas I'm typing this on.
    Tned, trust me when i say, my problem is not with modding the owner of the site, or you for that matter.

Its with equal moderation in general. You even say its been anti towards yourself with the siemian threads. i have no doubts i break the rules, just as much as other posters. And i also have no doubts, my name is pretty much the only one that ever ends up on the ban list. And then that is used against me further. Treated like some repeat offender convict on a internet forum. its crazy if you ask me. And mostly why i left. Just feel i should chime in on your thread, because the problem is equal moderation as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Some people get passes because, "well, that's just who they are, they're messing around" and someone else can say the same thing and get dinged. .
    This is all i have ever argued. And the mods ridicule me every chance they can when i bring it up.

Ill leave it at that. before i "slander" anyone else.
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 04-15-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post

I want us to stay. Came from Broncosfreak and brought a lot of friends. We have done tailgates and other things. I really thought that that's what this was supposed to be all about.

Let's keep it going!
    If this site is 100% financially self-supporting, all we need someone with the tech savvy necessary to keep it going to step up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    If this site is 100% financially self-supporting, all we need someone with the tech savvy necessary to keep it going to step up.
    That rules me out.

22. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post

Let's keep it going!
    Okay, well, if it comes down to that, would it not be preferable to shut down P&R than to shut down the site?
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information