View Poll Results: Which is a higher draft priority this year?

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • Wide Receiver

8 38.10%
  • Tight end

7 33.33%
  • Hoes is a dirtbag

6 28.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which is the higher priority for this draft, wide receiver or tight end?

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i think it's very likely that we could draft one of each within our first three or four picks, but of course you only have a couple high picks to work with. . . which position would prioritize higher? discuss. . .
    With the caveat that if a stuf feel in their lap, go BPA. I think they need to draft a WR fairly early. It's knocked what they have in Henderson, and I like Taylor, but he hasn't really busted out. I think they need a guy that can take over one of the two starting spots next year and be a productive number three this year.

Between Butt, Heurman and Traylor, I think they can get the job done at TE.

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

I went WR because from a cap standpoint I think this is DT and ES last season with Denver unless they take a pay cut. They are on the wrong side of 30 and don't seem to get as open as they did several years ago. Add to it Denver could use a true slot WR, we haven't had one since Welker.

Adopted Bronco:

Who was the last ELITE WR to win a Super Bowl? By ELITE, I mean top 10.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I voted Hoes is a dirtbag, because reality.

That said, I'd rather have a dominant TE. I think DT and Sanders have enough fuel in the tank for another couple seasons. At least.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Denver needs a tight end. Maybe Butt will be one - so get another. It's extremely important. I expect to take both in the draft, but we can get a good WR later. Hell, there are a couple of WRs in this state who might go third day. I would prefer a TE on day 2 who can be a weapon. I don't even need him to block, though it would be nice. Julius was just too damn useful as a matchup issue in the middle of the field.

Even lesser talents like Scheffler and Putzier had their time. Butt should be able to do several things competently, like the Houston version of Own Daniels. That's great if it happens - now go get me a weapon. Mike Gesicki would do as a Julius type - maybe we can even teach him to block a little since he wasn't a basketball guy. Grab a WR on day 3 like Gallup or Pettis, and see what they can do. If they want someone taller, Jaleel Scott was on the North squad for the Pro Bowl, right? Either way they got a good look at him. Making hay with middle-round receivers is what Denver needs at the moment - there are more options than there are at TE, so they should prioritize the bigger receiving weapon (and potential blocker) first.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

TE considered the best mismatch is Dallas Goedert of South Dakota St. Top TEs from major schools are considered to be Mike Gesecki of Penn State, Hayden Hurst of South Carolina and Mark Andrews of Oklahoma. Andrews is probably the best deep threat of the three but an unheralded blocker.

Way too many WRs to rank but my favorite mid-round choice is Marcel Ateman of Oklahoma State. He's the type that keeps getting open on the underneath stuff while the better receiver (James Washington for OSU) gets all the attention. Match him with a safety and you'll live to regret it.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

8. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Denver needs a tight end. Maybe Butt will be one - so get another. It's extremely important. I expect to take both in the draft, but we can get a good WR later. Hell, there are a couple of WRs in this state who might go third day. I would prefer a TE on day 2 who can be a weapon. I don't even need him to block, though it would be nice. Julius was just too damn useful as a matchup issue in the middle of the field.

Even lesser talents like Scheffler and Putzier had their time. Butt should be able to do several things competently, like the Houston version of Own Daniels. That's great if it happens - now go get me a weapon. Mike Gesicki would do as a Julius type - maybe we can even teach him to block a little since he wasn't a basketball guy. Grab a WR on day 3 like Gallup or Pettis, and see what they can do. If they want someone taller, Jaleel Scott was on the North squad for the Pro Bowl, right? Either way they got a good look at him. Making hay with middle-round receivers is what Denver needs at the moment - there are more options than there are at TE, so they should prioritize the bigger receiving weapon (and potential blocker) first.
    I've always seen Zach Miller as a good comp for Butt. Always wanted to see Miller on a team the adequately utilized the TE.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    TE considered the best mismatch is Dallas Goedert of South Dakota St. Top TEs from major schools are considered to be Mike Gesecki of Penn State, Hayden Hurst of South Carolina and Mark Andrews of Oklahoma. Andrews is probably the best deep threat of the three but an unheralded blocker.

Way too many WRs to rank but my favorite mid-round choice is Marcel Ateman of Oklahoma State. He's the type that keeps getting open on the underneath stuff while the better receiver (James Washington for OSU) gets all the attention. Match him with a safety and you'll live to regret it.
    Ian Thomas is my guy. Antonio Gates 2.0

11. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Who was the last ELITE WR to win a Super Bowl? By ELITE, I mean top 10.
    But...as priorities go, we need 2 additional competent receivers to create mismatches. Broken record but...look at past few years. Teams with a ton of solid weapons are the ones going far in current times. Defenses can't cover everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post

Ok, I changed my opinion. I'm on the TE wagon now. Good points.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Ok, I changed my opinion. I'm on the TE wagon now. Good points.
    Frey what have you don’t with Tned?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

It’s TE without a doubt until Butt proves otherwise. How many teams out there have menial WR talent and a dominant TE and cause nightmares for people because of matchup problems? Receiving TEs are the new sexy. Until teams start putting 6’5” guys who run 4.5-4.6 40s with coverage skills at Safety and LB, they will continue to be matchup nightmares. We need that more than anything else on offense (except a starting caliber QB).

Look what the Giants did to our D last year with zero WRs and 1 above average TE. BTW, Joe Woods sucks. Who leaves Talib on a 4th string WR while keeping Davis and/or Stewart on a good TE to get eaten alive repeatedly? I mean it. Woods should’ve forfeited his game check that week.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    It’s TE without a doubt until Butt proves otherwise. How many teams out there have menial WR talent and a dominant TE and cause nightmares for people because of matchup problems? Receiving TEs are the new sexy. Until teams start putting 6’5” guys who run 4.5-4.6 40s with coverage skills at Safety and LB, they will continue to be matchup nightmares. We need that more than anything else on offense (except a starting caliber QB).

Look what the Giants did to our D last year with zero WRs and 1 above average TE. BTW, Joe Woods sucks. Who leaves Talib on a 4th string WR while keeping Davis and/or Stewart on a good TE to get eaten alive repeatedly? I mean it. Woods should’ve forfeited his game check that week.
    Why limit it to a week?
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

17. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I say tight end first. Butts might end being very good but we don't yet. Also, it doesn't hurt a couple of threats at that position.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post

Watched quite abit of Goedert this year, im in sodak so it was just on. Would love to see him here, small school big talent.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information