Page 97 of 120 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1786

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    And some around here wanted to pay Cousins ten times more than Keenum.

He's really no better at this point.
    Stop.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Stop.
    Cmon buddy!! I wouldn't pay Cousins twice as much. What. Keenum makes $18 mill a year? Is Coisins worth $36 mill at this point?
    I say no.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Cmon buddy!! I wouldn't pay Cousins twice as much. What. Keenum makes $18 mill a year? Is Coisins worth $36 mill at this point?
    I say no.
    I wouldn’t pay him what Keenum makes, I didn’t want him, but he’s a legitimate NFL starter ... he’s much better than Keenum.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Keenum is a supposed veteran - that should give him a big enough edge.

Here's the thing - they're both backups at best. They're both Kubiak guys - Kubiak got carried by Schaub, not the other way around. This is why I hate Kubiak - he's worthless when it comes to QB's.

These QB's are a bunch of trick ass hoes!
    To be clear, I am only saying I would rather have Keenum, not that I think he’s played well. Trevor turned the ball over far too much.

I wouldn’t pay him what Keenum makes, I didn’t want him, but he’s a legitimate NFL starter ... he’s much better than Keenum.
    Neither one of Em have been what they were supposed to be this year. They both have crappy O Lines. Denver the better RB and Minn the better WR's. Both teams have good "D" s.
    Neither one is going to make the playoffs.
    They are not to far apart brother.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

So I went to the game this past Sunday, Keenum was inconsistent even in warm ups against no defense at all. He struggled with accuracy and ball placement on corner end zone placement especially. Hogan seemed more accurate, not saying he's a better QB but seems to have a better arm than Keenum. Based on what I've seen in games and warm ups I've lost all hope that Keenum is the answer at QB.

9. The Following User High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Neither one of Em have been what they were supposed to be this year. They both have crappy O Lines. Denver the better RB and Minn the better WR's. Both teams have good "D" s.
    Neither one is going to make the playoffs.
    They are not to far apart brother.
    Kirk Cousins has thrown 24 TDs, 9 picks, completed 70 percent of his passes, and 3,700 yards.

Case Keenum is at 62% of his passes, 15 TDs (had a three week slot with no passing TDs, I might add), and 10 INTs. He's thrown for 3,100 yards.

Or, in other words, if you swapped those two QBs 'Sota would have three wins right now.

In regards to what they can do on the field, there is a world of difference.

Two years ago Cousins had a nice season with a bunch of no name WRs because DeSean Jackson and Garcon left. His TE pro bowler, Reed, was hurt per usual. His best WR was Dodson or Doctson? He still put up a better year than Keenum has this year. Or, in other words, Cousins probably would have won us the game against San Fran, ES or not.

The CK fans at the offseason or beginning of the season don't need to disparage a productive QB just because their guy reverted back to his former self. Don't be a hater, Turf. Don't do it. You've a good soul.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, its fun watching people scramble trying to defend Keenum. The guy sucks and was not the answer that JFE believed he got from Minny last year. As a team we are no better than we were with Siemian.
    You don't pay one year wonders.

Especially one year wonders with lousy talent.

Look, if you gave Keenum, a hard worker and a resilient QB, the talent of some of these first round busts, you'd have a great QB.

But we literally watch him go from nailing a nice pass to horrific overthrows and underthrows, often times with no pressure. When you barely have the ability to do something you often have inconsistent results. There's no real mastery there. That's what he is. He can't master the position because he can't make all of the throws consistently.

People are shocked at how he's not throwing the deep ball well, but he never has. Because sure, he can throw it a chunk of yards down the field, but to do so he has to throw a floater, which is far easier to disrupt.

Or now they wonder why he's not as accurate? Because last season the Vikings ran the ball more than just about anyone else, so the PA game was on fire for him. It's easier to complete PA passes. Well, we don't have a defense that can support an offense like that, so CK has to play a game where he's more involved. These are the results.

It was a bad signing. Yeah, he's getting medium QB money, but medium QB money is still a chunk of change. He's not a good QB.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Good god. Keenum is pathetic.
    I think it's important to recognize that they are comparing 2016 to 2018. TS played pretty good in 2016 and left some of us with false hope. 2017 Trevor was a giant hot mess and Keenum IS an upgrade over that, but honestly, who is to say Trevor wouldn't have played well this year under the improved o-line that wasn't trying to get him killed every play.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, its fun watching people scramble trying to defend Keenum. The guy sucks and was not the answer that JFE believed he got from Minny last year. As a team we are no better than we were with Siemian.
    Who is scrambling to defend Keenum?

The closest thing to a defense I've seen is that "he is who he's always been" which isn't a defense, more just confirming he's a mediocre, middle of the road journeyman.

That said, we are better than we were in 2017 with TS. 2017 TS was a complete disaster....

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I think it's important to recognize that they are comparing 2016 to 2018. TS played pretty good in 2016 and left some of us with false hope. 2017 Trevor was a giant hot mess and Keenum IS an upgrade over that.
    I don't think it's unfair - because one guy is a veteran QB coming who can't top out a seventh round draft pick....wait...CK was undrafted...maybe...maybe it isn't fair...

Oh god, was TS a better talent than CK?

On a more serious note - for a big chunk of this season CK had similar stats to last season's TS. It took some garbage time late fourth quarters for him to get back to more TDs than Ints.

Oh...and TS was still awful in 2016. That shouldn't be left out - you should always be better than awful.

Who is scrambling to defend Keenum?

The closest thing to a defense I've seen is that "he is who he's always been" which isn't a defense, more just confirming he's a mediocre, middle of the road journeyman.

That said, we are better than we were in 2017 with TS. 2017 TS was a complete disaster....
    They're hedging the statements like "oh well, he's close to Cousins," or "well, Cousins' isn't much better.' We're now moving onto the beautiful "well, ummm...some of you might have been wrong about something else TOO ya know!!!111!!!1," portion of the season.

17. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I don't think it's unfair - because one guy is a veteran QB coming who can't top out a seventh round draft pick....wait...CK was undrafted...maybe...maybe it isn't fair...

Oh god, was TS a better talent than CK?

On a more serious note - for a big chunk of this season CK had similar stats to last season's TS. It took some garbage time late fourth quarters for him to get back to more TDs than Ints.

Oh...and TS was still awful in 2016. That shouldn't be left out - you should always be better than awful.
    I don't think awful is fair. Mediocre and average at best, but TS was what you would expect a 7th round QB to be in 2016. He lived up to his payday. It's not TS' fault that Elway couldn't be assed to find someone with actual talent, TS did what he could with his limited skillset, much as Keenum is trying to do now.

Most people get pissed and just flat out hate TS and Keenum... Are they great players? No, they were drafted or undrafted where they were for a reason. Elway needs to get his crap together asap and find a more viable option.

I don't think awful is fair. Mediocre and average at best, but TS was what you would expect a 7th round QB to be in 2016. He lived up to his payday. It's not TS' fault that Elway couldn't be assed to find someone with actual talent, TS did what he could with his limited skillset, much as Keenum is trying to do now.

Most people get pissed and just flat out hate TS and Keenum... Are they great players? No, they were drafted or undrafted where they were for a reason. Elway needs to get his crap together asap and find a more viable option.
    No - awful. Per production, he was ranked 31st out of like 33 qualifying QB's. That was ******* awful. Yeah, he performed as well as you would expect him to perform...awfully. He performed awfully.

It wasn't TS' fault he was there, but he was there, and he sucked. If you put my fat ass in a foot race, and I lose by about 40 minutes, I did what you expected me to do. I still sucked ass, though.

They suck ass. And the differenc between Keenum and TS is that at the start of this year Keenum was running his mouth about all he had overcome and what he had earned. He got pissy with Zimmer because Zimmer wasn't sold on him. Keenum talked that shit and then shit all over the field. So when he cashed that check he opened himself up to the scrutiny.

You're simply being too nice, Frey. But I admire that heart of gold you have. I used to be a good man with a solid heart like yours.

Now I'm just a bitter man. With a wonderful head of hair.

End of the day, I like both Keenum and TS as people. They are excellent people off the field, and that makes them easy to root for them to succeed. Unfortunately, wanting the best out of someone and hoping they can succeed doesn't pan out when they are physically limited. It doesn't matter how much I like them personally, they weren't the answer.

It's time to find a QB that isn't physically limited. Either a mobile, college style QB who can make plays with his legs and his arms, or a strong armed QB who can make deep throws and stretch the field to open up our run game, or you know...a combo of both.

21. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information