Page 50 of 120 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Again, not pessimistic, just level headed.
    Nah. It's pessimism.

a tendency to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen; a lack of hope or confidence in the future.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Why can't we just embrace Keenum? Good grief.
    you need a hug, joe?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Joe, let's run this mother ******* Keenum train straight to the top of the mountain!!!

Choooo mother ******* chooooo, bitches!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Nah. It's pessimism.
    Nope...That definition doesn't fit me at all. Again, you are looking for Jaded, that's the resident pessimist. I have a lot of hope for this season, I am excited for this season especially the defense, I don't believe the worst will happen. If Keenum plays well (which I think CAN happen) we're going to win a lot of games this season. I'm not sitting here saying we suck and this season will all end in tears...

This is the definition you are looking for.

cautious optimism
    A feeling of general confidence regarding a situation and/or its outcome coupled with a readiness for possible difficulties or failure

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

The point he was trying to make is flawed and the comparison is the reason it is flawed.. You are talking about a QB with many years and many different players and coaches. Tom Brady has been successful every year of his long career, Keenum has been successful once. It's just not a good comparison.

A better one would be Kirk Cousins. And guess what...Cousins has to prove himself this year too.

Further more, he's saying "Tom Brady would be a pile of ---- to 31 other teams" No one said that. No one says that Keenum is a pile of anything, simply that he's unproven. That isn't an insult... I'm not sure why it is being taken as an insult...

I guess I don't understand why it is unreasonable to say that Case who has had one season where he played well after a lot of seasons where he didn't needs to prove he's capable of doing what he did last year CONSISTENTLY. No one is saying he's trash or that he can't do it, we are just saying we want to see it with our own eyes in DENVER before we start going crazy on the hype train.
    Well, as I showed in my article, it isn't that Keenum had "a lot of seasons where he didn't"
    play well. He just had never had a full season. Before 2016, he had all of 18 games, or the
    equivalent of one season, under his belt. The two seasons he did have a meaningful
    number of games, 2013 (8) and 2016 (10), he did reasonably well for no more experience
    than that. The fact is, Keenum somehow has taken on the image of being up and down in
    his career when it is just not true. He has improved steadily as he has accumulated
    experience.

So 2017 was effectively his third full season on the field, and he did make that "third-year
    jump" that QBs are supposed to make. This is what gives me a degree of confidence that
    he will continue his high level of play.
    Last edited by topscribe; 05-22-2018 at 01:24 PM.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    you need a hug, joe?
    Always!

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Nope...That definition doesn't fit me at all. Again, you are looking for Jaded, that's the resident pessimist. I have a lot of hope for this season, I am excited for this season especially the defense, I don't believe the worst will happen. If Keenum plays well (which I think CAN happen) we're going to win a lot of games this season. I'm not sitting here saying we suck and this season will all end in tears...

This is the definition you are looking for.
    You said you're not excited for the season.

It's not that I'm not encouraged...My expectations are just significantly tempered this year. I think we have the potential to be a 12 win playoff team, but it all hinges on him and until I see him on the field in Broncos gear, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic.

I'm not going to let myself get excited this year until there is a valid reason to be excited.

You said you're not excited for the season.
    I mean that I'm not going to get overly hyped up yet. I'm done arguing it with you...I have excitement, but it's not over the top... That doesn't mean I think this season is going to be garbage, in fact I've been clear that I don't feel that way.

Top says that I argue semantics...

Why can't we just embrace Keenum? Good grief.
    I don't know why I can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I mean that I'm not going to get overly hyped up yet. I'm done arguing it with you...I have excitement, but it's not over the top... That doesn't mean I think this season is going to be garbage, in fact I've been clear that I don't feel that way.

Top says that I argue semantics...
    It's not semantics - it's EXACTLY what you said.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I don't know why I can't.
    I think many of us were bit by the Siemian bug.

Funny thing is, I still like the kid. He was "thrown" into a bad situation.

Fellas, let's just come together and admit that I'm right.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I think many of us were bit by the Siemian bug.

Funny thing is, I still like the kid. He was "thrown" into a bad situation.
    I started out defending him because it was obvious that he had no talent (It took a year before people would admit his arm was trash, in spite of all of the evidence) and expected him to be a crash test dummy. Then, when he wasn't completely awful, people thought he could be good, even though he clearly couldn't. It's just that optimism for the sake of optimism kills me, Joe. I don't know why. It just does, and that's how TS love always came across as: here's this clearly awful guy, and we are going to say that he's worth developing because he might not be awful, sorta kinda maybe.

BLEH!!!!

It's not semantics - it's EXACTLY what you said.
    It's picking one thing out of what I said, interpreting it the way you wanted to and ignoring all the other things I've said to this point. You are literally making it sound like I'm just this mopy emo kid that things this season isn't worth watching, despite telling you in my exact words that I think we can win a lot of games this year.

I'm excited for this season, I'm just not over hyping my expectations. I spent all year hyping this team and the garbage QB I thought was good, I'm not setting myself up for disappointment like that this year. I believe in this team, believe in the players on this team and believe that we can win a lot of games. I simply want to wait to go overboard with my excitement until I've seen the product on the field.

That's my EXACT feelings, not that I think you'll pay attention because you'll just pick one sentence and try and prove some point that I'm a pessimist.

18. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I started out defending him because it was obvious that he had no talent (It took a year before people would admit his arm was trash, in spite of all of the evidence) and expected him to be a crash test dummy. Then, when he wasn't completely awful, people thought he could be good, even though he clearly couldn't. It's just that optimism for the sake of optimism kills me, Joe. I don't know why. It just does, and that's how TS love always came across as: here's this clearly awful guy, and we are going to say that he's worth developing because he might not be awful, sorta kinda maybe.

BLEH!!!!
    Eh. I've seen worse then Siemian at QB.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information