Page 48 of 120 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    At least you're not using the artificial stuff.

But make mine black, anyway.
    You like your coffee like you like your men.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Yeeeaah buddy!

Well, I like a little half and half in mine
    I’ll allow it. No points deducted.

3. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    You like your coffee like you like your men.
    Black and strong. No, I foresook slavery some time ago . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I disagree on “proving”. He has proven he can play at the level we need him to. He has proven he can be a top half QB in this league. I hope he proves he can sustain, and even improve, that performance. Every player must prove it every year. I hope Case proves he’s even better than we’ve seen to date.
    Preach, brother!

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I disagree on “proving”. He has proven he can play at the level we need him to. He has proven he can be a top half QB in this league. I hope he proves he can sustain, and even improve, that performance. Every player must prove it every year. I hope Case proves he’s even better than we’ve seen to date.
    Well, not exactly. He has proven to the VIKINGS that he can play at this level but has yet to play a down for the Broncos so there still is something for him to prove yet.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well, not exactly. He has proven to the VIKINGS that he can play at this level but has yet to play a down for the Broncos so there still is something for him to prove yet.
    I have a television and internet connection that show me things. Going on your thought process Tom Brady is a pile of shit to 31 NFL teams and he'd have to come try out and prove it if he wanted to play for another team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I have a television and internet connection that show me things. Going on your thought process Tom Brady is a pile of shit to 31 NFL teams and he'd have to come try out and prove it if he wanted to play for another team.
    And you would be correct.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

But then again Tom Brady has proven far more than Keenum at this juncture as well. You should just come out and say you think Keenum is John Elway based on your comparison there. See how that works? Lol

Exactly. Different supporting cast and coaches. He hasn't yet proven he's capable of duplicating last year's results without the support he had last year.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 05-22-2018 at 10:38 AM.

12. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The guy has played well for ONE YEAR. ONE. It doesnt prove anything one way or the other and its ridiculous to even assert that he has. Its fine to be hopeful but goodness it was only one year. Lol

Well, I've always held that Brady is an overrated system QB... But Brady has played at a high level for many years with different coaches and players. He's proven he can adapt. Case played well with one set of players and coaches, it's apples and oranges davii.

He does still have a lot to prove. That isn't saying he won't, it's just saying we can't expect the same results the Vikings had last year until we can see Case play with his new teammates and coaches.

15. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Davii, to put things in perspective, even Manning had to reprove himself. Granted, there were injury concerns added to that situation, but until he played a full game, no one knew if he'd play as well as he did in Indy.

I can't speak for North, I'm not being hard on case, but I'm not ready to crown him as a good QB until he gives me a reason to in 2018.

There are many, many examples of free agents playing at a high level and then falling flat for their new team. That isn't too say that will happen here, but you cannot take one season as a given.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 05-22-2018 at 10:37 AM.

17. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Well, I've always held that Brady is an overrated system QB... But Brady has played at a high level for many years with different coaches and players. He's proven he can adapt. Case played well with one set of players and coaches, it's apples and oranges davii.

He does still have a lot to prove. That isn't saying he won't, it's just saying we can't expect the same results the Vikings had last year until we can see Case play with his new teammates and coaches.
    And chances are if Case doesnt play well those same points will be used as excuses as to why he didnt play well. If some people think he really is that good than he should have zero problem coming in and getting this team deep in the playoffs this year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

But then again Tom Brady has proven far more than Keenum at this juncture as well. You should just come out and say you think Keenum is John Elway based on your comparison there. See how that works? Lol
    Let's not draw that comparison card. It dulls the point he was trying to make. The fact is,
    you're both right. A QB who has done well in one system has to show he can replicate that
    in another. On the same hand, Keenum has shown he can do the back shoulder, pass into
    tight windows, play under pressure (which he had to do a lot of), and drop it in the bucket
    downfield. Football is football, as they say. So I look for him to do well here, too. But, you
    know, we'll see . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

20. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Let's not draw that comparison card. It dulls the point he was trying to make. The fact is,
    you're both right. A QB who has done well in one system has to show he can replicate that
    in another. On the same hand, Keenum has shown he can do the back shoulder, pass into
    tight windows, play under pressure (which he had to do a lot of), and drop it in the bucket
    downfield. Football is football, as they say. So I look for him to do well here, too. But, you
    know, we'll see . . .
    But you understand i only drew the comparison because he brought up Brady which was kind of retarded. Just showing that door opens both ways when you do that.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information