Page 49 of 120 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Let's not draw that comparison card. It dulls the point he was trying to make. The fact is,
    you're both right. A QB who has done well in one system has to show he can replicate that
    in another. On the same hand, Keenum has shown he can do the back shoulder, pass into
    tight windows, play under pressure (which he had to do a lot of), and drop it in the bucket
    downfield. Football is football, as they say. So I look for him to do well here, too. But, you
    know, we'll see . . .
    The point he was trying to make is flawed and the comparison is the reason it is flawed.. You are talking about a QB with many years and many different players and coaches. Tom Brady has been successful every year of his long career, Keenum has been successful once. It's just not a good comparison.

A better one would be Kirk Cousins. And guess what...Cousins has to prove himself this year too.

Further more, he's saying "Tom Brady would be a pile of ---- to 31 other teams" No one said that. No one says that Keenum is a pile of anything, simply that he's unproven. That isn't an insult... I'm not sure why it is being taken as an insult...

I guess I don't understand why it is unreasonable to say that Case who has had one season where he played well after a lot of seasons where he didn't needs to prove he's capable of doing what he did last year CONSISTENTLY. No one is saying he's trash or that he can't do it, we are just saying we want to see it with our own eyes in DENVER before we start going crazy on the hype train.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 05-22-2018 at 10:58 AM.

2. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Exactly. Different supporting cast and coaches. He hasn't yet proven he's capable of duplicating last year's results without the sort he had last year.
    That's exactly what I said, he did prove he is capable, he must now prove he can repeat, sustain, and improve said performance.

You guys act like we're trying to crown him and put him in the HOF. All I'm saying is he has shown he CAN play well enough. Doesn't mean he will. I even said he still has to prove himself yet again...
    Last edited by Davii; 05-22-2018 at 11:04 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So basically we are all saying the same thing that he hasnt proven anything yet in Denver but will have a chance to. I think we are good now.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    That's exactly what I said, he did prove he is capable, he must now prove he can repeat, sustain, and improve said performance.
    Frey seems caught up in semantics this morning.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Yeah, I know. But it's quite a turnaround, wouldn't you say?

From "Top 100, Nos. 51-60: Case Keenum rockets up, Carr slides" https://tinyurl.com/yby9vwwf
    Sure it is. I'm not running Keenum down, he had a very solid season. Will he and the Broncos have the same kind of success? We shall see.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Frey seems caught up in semantics this morning.
    If people would be more clear what they are saying... North took his post the same way...

11. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, i was going to say that the way that Davii initially put his post was saying something entirely different than what his last post stated. I think it was a hangup on what was actually said initially.

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Why can't we just embrace Keenum? Good grief.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Why can't we just root for him while also being honest with our assessment of him? We all want him to succeed. That doesn't mean we're all sold that it will happen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Why can't we just root for him while also being honest with our assessment of him? We all want him to succeed. That doesn't mean we're all sold that it will happen.
    You certainly can think whatever you want. I'm just not a pessimistic person by nature.

Why is saying he's got to prove himself rejecting him? It's not like we're saying he's trash or something, we just are taking a wait and see approach.

He's our starting QB, he has my full support until he proves he doesn't deserve it. I'm just not ready to start getting excited about this season until I see him play. That isn't unreasonable in the slightest.

19. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

You certainly can think whatever you want. I'm just not a pessimistic person by nature.
    Being cautious isn't being pessimistic... No one is saying we're going to be garbage... That would be pessimistic... Jaded is pessimistic. I'm optimistic about this season, I'm just cautious about getting overly excited until I've seen what we are capable of.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

The point he was trying to make is flawed and the comparison is the reason it is flawed.. You are talking about a QB with many years and many different players and coaches. Tom Brady has been successful every year of his long career, Keenum has been successful once. It's just not a good comparison.

A better one would be Kirk Cousins. And guess what...Cousins has to prove himself this year too.

Further more, he's saying "Tom Brady would be a pile of ---- to 31 other teams" No one said that. No one says that Keenum is a pile of anything, simply that he's unproven. That isn't an insult... I'm not sure why it is being taken as an insult...

I guess I don't understand why it is unreasonable to say that Case who has had one season where he played well after a lot of seasons where he didn't needs to prove he's capable of doing what he did last year CONSISTENTLY. No one is saying he's trash or that he can't do it, we are just saying we want to see it with our own eyes in DENVER before we start going crazy on the hype train.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say a QB who was #1 in DVOA and #2 in QBR in the league is unproven.
    As Davii pointed out, Keenum has indeed proven that he can play at a very high level. He needs to
    show that he will sustain that level this year, yes, but he is not unproven.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Why is saying he's got to prove himself rejecting him? It's not like we're saying he's trash or something, we just are taking a wait and see approach.

He's our starting QB, he has my full support until he proves he doesn't deserve it. I'm just not ready to start getting excited about this season until I see him play. That isn't unreasonable in the slightest.
    If I was a Browns fan, I'd still be excited about the upcoming season.

Like I said - I'm just not a pessimistic person.

If I was a Browns fan, I'd still be excited about the upcoming season.

Like I said - I'm just not a pessimistic person.
    Again, not pessimistic, just level headed.

It's be pessimistic to say we'll be lucky to win 8 games. I think we can win as many as 12 games if things fall right, but I want to see where the team is at. That isn't pessimistic, that's a reasonable response for a team that just won 5 games...

I'm excited, just cautiously so.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information