Page 101 of 120 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1786

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Yes I said that.
    He has to be a first round pick to make up for his baseball signing bonus.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    He has to be a first round pick to make up for his baseball signing bonus.
    Is that not the consensus?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    With all do respect, it's not quite as cut and dried as what you seems to be saying. At the time was signed we had two young quarterbacks on the roster and neither of them was ready to start and now neither of them is on the team. If Elway really thinks Keenum is all that and a bag of chips why did he only sign him to a two year deal? IIRC the only real consensus on the board last year at draft time was don't take quarterback because each of the top five quarterbacks Mayfield, Rosen, Allen, Darnold, and Jackson all had huge question marks. Finally, while it's still just speculation the two quarterbacks Elway appeared be most interested taken at 1 and 3 and it's unlikely either team was willing to move down from those spots.
    Sadly, that was the reason that people wondering why Elway failed to draft a QB passed on Rosen and Allen, neither of whom looks great in their rookie years BTW.

The stated reason by Elway when he was asked this very question at his initial presser right after the draft "why didn't you draft a QB?" answered "we're not kicking Paxton to the curb."

So, it wasn't because he didn't like Allen or Rosen, rather his refusal to admit that Paxton was trash that was the basis for both the Keenum signing - as a "bridge to Paxton" and the refusal to draft a QB - who would inevitably outcompete Paxton just like Trevor and Osweiler did. Elway wanted to give Paxton "one last chance" without any competition. And if they drafted a QB that would be an open admission that Paxton was worthless and should be released.

You could forgive Elway for thinking that "maybe Chad Kelly" is the long-term answer, but Elway never did. He never once stated that Kelly was the long-term answer. He never believed that, no matter what the fans might have thought.

I think once Paxton flamed out in August he just decided to wait until next year's draft to find another developmental QB. He signed Kevin Hogan to backup and "see what happens" with Keenum for a season. But, that wasn't the plan. That was what he was left with after his Paxton Plan collapsed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Is that not the consensus?
    It’s not. He was a mid-round pick two weeks ago.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Sadly, that was the reason that people wondering why Elway failed to draft a QB passed on Rosen and Allen, neither of whom looks great in their rookie years BTW.

The stated reason by Elway when he was asked this very question at his initial presser right after the draft "why didn't you draft a QB?" answered "we're not kicking Paxton to the curb."

So, it wasn't because he didn't like Allen or Rosen, rather his refusal to admit that Paxton was trash that was the basis for both the Keenum signing - as a "bridge to Paxton" and the refusal to draft a QB - who would inevitably outcompete Paxton just like Trevor and Osweiler did. Elway wanted to give Paxton "one last chance" without any competition. And if they drafted a QB that would be an open admission that Paxton was worthless and should be released.

You could forgive Elway for thinking that "maybe Chad Kelly" is the long-term answer, but Elway never did. He never once stated that Kelly was the long-term answer. He never believed that, no matter what the fans might have thought.

I think once Paxton flamed out in August he just decided to wait until next year's draft to find another developmental QB. He signed Kevin Hogan to backup and "see what happens" with Keenum for a season. But, that wasn't the plan. That was what he was left with after his Paxton Plan collapsed.
    He never stated he liked Rosen or Allen that I'm aware of, so just how is that you know that he did? If thought either one of them was the answer I little doubt he would pick one of them since they were both taken later. If I remember correctly, he also he stated after the draft that he would have taken Darnold if he had been available. So it stands to reason that if liked Rosen or Allen he would have taken them as well.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 12-11-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Neither one of Em have been what they were supposed to be this year. They both have crappy O Lines. Denver the better RB and Minn the better WR's. Both teams have good "D" s.
    Neither one is going to make the playoffs.
    They are not to far apart brother.
    I’m not defending Cousins, not worth my time, I’m denigrating Keenum ... who is an undrafted FA scrub. He’s not even the best backup QB in the league. He was the 4th best QB on his team during what was the best season of his career.

In hindsight the Best thing the Broncos could’ve done was sign/promote Keenum as the Poor Man’s Ryan Fitzpatrick that he is.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Interesting:

Comparing the impact of Case Keenum vs. Kirk Cousins

We will reserve any final judgments for the end of the season, but with three games to play, it looks like the Broncos’ investment in Keenum has been about what everyone thought it was going to be and the Vikings’ investment in Cousins has fallen short.
    https://predominantlyorange.com/2018...-kirk-cousins/

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

It’s not. He was a mid-round pick two weeks ago.
    He was? From what I heard he was going to rocket up the boards and be a first round pick easily. He is/was better than lamar jackson that came out ad went to balt. They said he was like russel wilson and would go in the first round and not the 2nd like russ....Just what I read/hear, but now I guess it does not matter...We shall see.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

11. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Interesting:

Comparing the impact of Case Keenum vs. Kirk Cousins

https://predominantlyorange.com/2018...-kirk-cousins/

Nah, that is a bunch of nonsense from all sorts of angles. Not only from a individual standpoint but from their respective team standpoint. Here is not only the breakdown of Case and Kirk on an individual basis but also with their respective team defense and Oline perspective.

Kirk Cousins:

24 TD's, 9 Int's.
    3,698 yds Passing
    98 QBR

Case Keenum:

15 TD's, 10 Int's
    3, 139 yds
    84.3 QBR

Now, lets add in the other factors with their team surroundings.

Vikings Oline ranking: 31st
    Vikings defensive ranking: 11th (last year 1st) (Points per game)

Broncos Oline ranking: 4th
    Defensive ranking: 9th (last year 22nd) (Points per game)

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/t...sition/defense

So by not only measuring what each QB has done on a individual basis considering what each QB has to work with around them Kirk still has shown much better production. Obviously the Vikings were hoping to make the playoffs again this year but then i suppose the Eagles did too. Had the Vikings as a collective been the same as last year i highly doubt they struggle this year like they have. Meanwhile, Denver has improved as a team (outside of injuries, bad coaching, bad QBing) in both Oline play which has helped with the strong running game and a defense that has been at least stronger than it was a year ago.

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

He was? From what I heard he was going to rocket up the boards and be a first round pick easily. He is/was better than lamar jackson that came out ad went to balt. They said he was like russel wilson and would go in the first round and not the 2nd like russ....Just what I read/hear, but now I guess it does not matter...We shall see.
    Why does the Heisman trophy not make him a day-two pick? What about him is different today as opposed to two weeks ago?

And if I drafted a guy like this, I’d want him to play WR.

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Why does the Heisman trophy not make him a day-two pick? What about him is different today as opposed to two weeks ago?

Youd have to ask the execs and things like that amigo. I have not studied this guy at all. I only am saying what I have read/heard. What I have seen was that he is a more polished thrower than Lamar Jackson and Russel Wilson. He is as agile and mobile as wilson. We all know Russ would be a first round pick if he were to come out. So this guy should be too. Plus that whole 5 year thing, + the 2 Franchise tags, that weighs a lot on FO minds. You can lock a QB up for 7 years if you wanted.

Now maybe he sucks but if he is as mobile as lamar jackson and russel wilson and is a better thrower, than both, it would reason to believe he would be a 1st rounder. Since he won heismann that would also help I would think. I have not see him so I do not know. He could suck, but it sure does not sound like it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If i recall Tebow was the heisman winner going into the draft (could be wrong about the year but i dont think so) and originally slotted as a 2nd or 3rd round QB. But i think the hype train about him raised his stock shortly before the draft and was quite surprised at the time that so many teams were "supposedly" aiming for him. If i recall the Bills and Ravens at the time were trying to move up for him or something to that effect. Anyway, i agree with your stance on that but the Tebow thing came to mind right away when you mentioned it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Youd have to ask the execs and things like that amigo. I have not studied this guy at all. I only am saying what I have read/heard. What I have seen was that he is a more polished thrower than Lamar Jackson and Russel Wilson. He is as agile and mobile as wilson. We all know Russ would be a first round pick if he were to come out. So this guy should be too. Plus that whole 5 year thing, + the 2 Franchise tags, that weighs a lot on FO minds. You can lock a QB up for 7 years if you wanted.

Now maybe he sucks but if he is as mobile as lamar jackson and russel wilson and is a better thrower, than both, it would reason to believe he would be a 1st rounder. Since he won heismann that would also help I would think. I have not see him so I do not know. He could suck, but it sure does not sound like it.
    Is this Bama kid? I didnt catch who actually won the award but i think the only negative on him is his size. Personally i would stay away from him as im not as confident as other people are about him but was wondering if this is who you guys are referring to.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If i recall Tebow was the heisman winner going into the draft (could be wrong about the year but i dont think so) and originally slotted as a 2nd or 3rd round QB. But i think the hype train about him raised his stock shortly before the draft and was quite surprised at the time that so many teams were "supposedly" aiming for him. If i recall the Bills and Ravens at the time were trying to move up for him or something to that effect. Anyway, i agree with your stance on that but the Tebow thing came to mind right away when you mentioned it.
    Tebow won it as a sophomore. He didn’t come out until two years later. McDaniels was the only idiot drafting him in the first round.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Tebow won it as a sophomore. He didn’t come out until two years later. McDaniels was the only idiot drafting him in the first round.
    He wasn't the only one, the Jaguars absolutely would have taken him had we not...

Then again, they've got a shining history of QB's post Mark Brunell....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information