Page 57 of 120 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    NFL Network had the Vikings-Saints game on the other night.

Second half on, it made me a little more worried about which Case is coming to town...
    He slowed down towards the end of the season too, IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Did you want to eat him or was his hair messed up or something
    He threw 2 picks and looked kinda lost out there in Philly.
    (Now that you mention it, His hair was a little messy.)

I hope and think he will be a decent QB for us.

I belong to PETA
    (People eating tasty animals.)

Cheers!

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived capt. Jack For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He slowed down towards the end of the season too, IIRC.
    I didn't notice that. Keenum's game at Green Bay (week 16) was just okay, but his game
    against Cincinati (Week15) and Chicago (week 17) were superlative.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Keenum was actually REALY good the second half of the season. November and December were great and included 2 games where he completed over 80% of his passes.

That Keenum I would be very happy with.

I was not real impressed with him in the saints playoff game I watched the other night though...

Look at the game logs. http://www.nfl.com/player/casekeenum/2532888/gamelogs

Then put those numbers into context of this era and the team he played on. Week 17 you can be dazzled all you want by his completion percentage, until you realize he was barely throwing the ball down the field, and amassed a hot total of 180 yards. I.E. he was asked to do almost nothing.

Week 16, he threw for 169 yards, his completion percentage was 56%, and he threw for 139 yards. Again, he was asked to do almost nothing. Which is fine, because that's what you tend to ask players like CK to do.

Week 15, he spanked the Bengals, and he had only three incomplete passes. That's actually a good game. Although, when you win 34-7, and the QB amounts to two of those TDs, the game was never in question. But sure, that's his awe-inspiring game of that quarter of the season.

FWIW, I don't hold the Carolina game against him - Carolina had to win that game and they were a good team.

Here's the point - when you dig deeper than an inflated completion scheme, he's not impressive. In 2018, his banner year, he had one three TD game, he was able to go over 300 yards twice in the regular season, and he's just not productive sans "oh god, look at his QB Rating," and completion percentage. When he has to put up production, the production doesn't come.

People are falling in love with a game manager and passing him off as something other than that.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

I am not saying Case is Manning.

I am saying he was a very good mobile game manager the second half of the season. Very Alex Smith like. That is good enough to take this team far.

I am terrified though that there are 2 versions of Keenum out there and I have no idea which one we got.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Then put those numbers into context of this era and the team he played on. Week 17 you can be dazzled all you want by his completion percentage, until you realize he was barely throwing the ball down the field, and amassed a hot total of 180 yards. I.E. he was asked to do almost nothing.

Week 16, he threw for 169 yards, his completion percentage was 56%, and he threw for 139 yards. Again, he was asked to do almost nothing. Which is fine, because that's what you tend to ask players like CK to do.

Week 15, he spanked the Bengals, and he had only three incomplete passes. That's actually a good game. Although, when you win 34-7, and the QB amounts to two of those TDs, the game was never in question. But sure, that's his awe-inspiring game of that quarter of the season.

FWIW, I don't hold the Carolina game against him - Carolina had to win that game and they were a good team.

Here's the point - when you dig deeper than an inflated completion scheme, he's not impressive. In 2018, his banner year, he had one three TD game, he was able to go over 300 yards twice in the regular season, and he's just not productive sans "oh god, look at his QB Rating," and completion percentage. When he has to put up production, the production doesn't come.

People are falling in love with a game manager and passing him off as something other than that.
    I saw those games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

No picks in 6 of his 7 last regular season games? With our , I'll take it
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

11. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    No picks in 6 of his 7 last regular season games? With our , I'll take it
    It's amazing to me how few INTs Keenum had, being the third most pressured QB in the league.

FiA, at least you're not trying to pass him off as a good QB, though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Nah, nothing like that. #2 overall QBR in the league, #1 DVOA, #6 DYAR, #1 QBR under pressure,
    67% comp, 3:1 TD/INT ratio, 12-4 overall W-L record, led team to NFC Championship game.

Why would I do that?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Manning's & Oz's combined stat line when our led us to the SB 50 win:
    368-606, 60.7, 4216 yards, 19 TDs & 23 INTs 76.3 QBR https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/den/2015.htm

Case Keenum's 2017 stats:
    325-481, 67.6, 3547 yards, 22 TDs & 7 INTs 98.3 QBR https://www.pro-football-reference.c...K/KeenCa00.htm
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Manning's & Oz's combined stat line when our led us to the SB 50 win:
    368-606, 60.7, 4216 yards, 19 TDs & 23 INTs 76.3 QBR https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/den/2015.htm

Case Keenum's 2017 stats:
    325-481, 67.6, 3547 yards, 22 TDs & 7 INTs 98.3 QBR https://www.pro-football-reference.c...K/KeenCa00.htm
    That was actually their passer ratings, rather than QBR. For instance, Manning's QBR was
    43.9, and Osweiler's was 53.0. Keenum's QBR was 71.3, which put him #2 in the league in
    that category. As a point of interest, Tom Brady's QBR was 70.2 last year.

Does that fault belong to him, or the coaches gameplan?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Does that fault belong to him, or the coaches gameplan?
    Considering that he’s a low production guy, I’m not sure it matters.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information