Page 94 of 120 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1786

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Oh, VJ is showing signs of improvement? Who can we target next!! Musgrave! Kill him! Fire him! He sucks!!

LOL.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Oh, VJ is showing signs of improvement? Who can we target next!! Musgrave! Kill him! Fire him! He sucks!!

LOL.
    To be fair...most people have been displeased with Musgrave all year. It's not like we suddenly switched targets, he's been on the hate radar all year. His playcalling is frustrating as hell and lacks a lot of creativity.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

LOL.
    I’m pretty sure we’re on the market for at least a DC this year. Never good when the HC takes over play calling and we get better, shows you were not doing very well.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I’m pretty sure we’re on the market for at least a DC this year. Never good when the HC takes over play calling and we get better, shows you were not doing very well.
    horrible sign for woods, no doubt. . . IMO, though, it was VJ's gettysburg. . . i honestly think that was what saved the season. . . the secondary has played better, and the pass rush has turned into a difference-maker. . . von and chubb are wrecking shop like they're supposed to. . . along with the continued emergence of lindsay, it's taken pressure off the rest of the team. . . including keenum, who has been able to just function as a game manager. . .

we'll see how we finish up, but at this point, i'm actually not so concerned with who the DC is. . . assuming we do retain VJ-- and likely keenum, whether we draft a QB or not-- i think upgrading from musgrave might be the most pressing need on the coaching staff. . . took dude most of the season to find a comfort zone for keenum with more movement, and he still doesn't use lindsay anywhere near often enough in the passing game. . . he's vanilla, and slow to adjust. . . we should be able to do better. . .

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    The fact that the defense improved once he did that is exactly what caused me to start cutting vj some slack.

That basically showed me two things 1. Woods was the problem on the defensive side of the ball, it wasn't vj meddling. 2. Vj has a better ability as a defensive mind than he gets credit for if he was able to correct the problem that well in such a short time.

So if we know woods is an issue, it stands to reason Musgrave is an issue as well.

They are certainly not getting rid of Bill Musgrave, who has managed to have pretty good game plans the last 6 weeks. Keenum's improvement is not an accident! He's not throwing any picks the last 3 weeks. That is certainly not because Keenum suddenly started getting better. It's because the play calling has been more effective and they are running the ball more effectively and calling pass plays Keenum can actually do, rather than just forcing him to do things he doesn't do that effectively.

We'll see whether Joseph continues to improve as coach next season, but he's gone from terra-bad to Meh, this year, so he could continue to improve next year as well with more experience.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    horrible sign for woods, no doubt. . . IMO, though, it was VJ's gettysburg. . . i honestly think that was what saved the season. . . the secondary has played better, and the pass rush has turned into a difference-maker. . . von and chubb are wrecking shop like they're supposed to. . . along with the continued emergence of lindsay, it's taken pressure off the rest of the team. . . including keenum, who has been able to just function as a game manager. . .

we'll see how we finish up, but at this point, i'm actually not so concerned with who the DC is. . . assuming we do retain VJ-- and likely keenum, whether we draft a QB or not-- i think upgrading from musgrave might be the most pressing need on the coaching staff. . . took dude most of the season to find a comfort zone for keenum with more movement, and he still doesn't use lindsay anywhere near often enough in the passing game. . . he's vanilla, and slow to adjust. . . we should be able to do better. . .
    The only thing I disagree with here is which coordinator is the weaker link. The offense has been steady for the most part but if there is weak link is talent behind center not the coordinator himself. If Musgrave is vanilla in play calling maybe it's because as you also mentioned Keenum is just a game manager and not the kind of quarterback who can takeover a game. The problem with offense was the turnovers and most of that was generated by the quarterback. Eliminate the turnovers (which they've done in especially in recent weeks) and they're still putting up around 24 point per game. I'm not really sure what more Musgrave could do to involve Lindsay. Lindsay averaging around 20 touches a game which seem to be in his optimal range.

We all the know its the defense that's loaded with the better talent yet wasn't playing nearly as well as it should have been. Joseph takes over it's night day on the improvement. Imo the coordinator that has fallen down on the job has been Woods, so if it were up to me to pick I would say it's Woods that needs to go.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I posted this elsewhere. When sacked more than 3 times Keenum is 3-8. Sacked two or less 19-6.

That doesn't make him a good QB, but it means if we want to get the most out of him until a replacement is available, we HAVE to build up the o-line next year.
    The OL is not an excuse, they’ve lost a zillion starters and they’re still better at their job than Keenum is at his. He’s getting (over) paid to overcome these issues, this isn’t who we were promised.

#ThisIsJustCaseKeenum
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The fact that the defense improved once he did that is exactly what caused me to start cutting vj some slack.

That basically showed me two things 1. Woods was the problem on the defensive side of the ball, it wasn't vj meddling. 2. Vj has a better ability as a defensive mind than he gets credit for if he was able to correct the problem that well in such a short time.

So if we know woods is an issue, it stands to reason Musgrave is an issue as well.
    How so? You give a chef bland ingredients he’s going to make a bland dinner.

Seems to me that when they were trying to recreate Keenum 2017 he was leading the league in INT’s, now he’s just Case Keenum again. When Musgrave had Carr they worked at a Top 10 passing game level.

This is like watching Tebow with a beautiful release and footwork, it’s a “Just keep it close and don’t **** it up so the defense can put you on the opponents 30 for your only TD pass of the day” offense.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 12-04-2018 at 08:50 PM.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

14. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The OL is not an excuse, they’ve lost a zillion starters and they’re still better at their job than Keenum is at his. He’s getting (over) paid to overcome these issues, this isn’t who we were promised.

#ThisIsJustCaseKeenum
    They have lost some SUCKY starters and backups - i.e. Ronald Leary for one. When he went down, that's when the OL play really started to improve and they went on their winning streak. He is not remotely worth the $10.375m they are paying him this year. If they cut him at season's end it only costs them a $1.375m cap hit. If they keep him they pay him $9,375,000.

It's a no-brainer they cut him.

Max Garcia was no loss either. Admittedly, losing Paradis and Veldheer hurt. But, it's mostly coaching improvement that has made the OL play much better despite losing their OL signal caller in Paradis.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    They have lost some SUCKY starters and backups - i.e. Ronald Leary for one. When he went down, that's when the OL play really started to improve and they went on their winning streak. He is not remotely worth the $10.375m they are paying him this year. If they cut him at season's end it only costs them a $1.375m cap hit. If they keep him they pay him $9,375,000.

It's a no-brainer they cut him.

Max Garcia was no loss either. Admittedly, losing Paradis and Veldheer hurt. But, it's mostly coaching improvement that has made the OL play much better despite losing their OL signal caller in Paradis.
    Move Leary to C, he’s their best OL and it isn’t even close.

The OL got better without Paradis, change my mind?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

17. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

LOL.
    I just realized Barf Keenum is your boo, I’ll lay off, else Ill have to leave another one of your safe places.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Move Leary to C, he’s their best OL and it isn’t even close.

The OL got better without Paradis, change my mind?
    Our mutual dislike for parastiff appears valid!!! Let him walk in FA

20. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

#ThisIsJustCaseKeenum
    The o-line is an issue and was prior to the injuries... It's not an "excuse" for Keenum, but it is a very clear need and one that has been ignored for far too long...

Just because Keenum sucks, doesn't mean the o-line does not suck too.

22. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

To be fair...most people have been displeased with Musgrave all year. It's not like we suddenly switched targets, he's been on the hate radar all year. His playcalling is frustrating as hell and lacks a lot of creativity.
    Honestly, when is the last time Bronco fans have liked their OC? 2005 with Kubiak? They hated Heimerdinger, they hated Bates, they hated McCoy, they hated Gase, they hated Dennison, they hated McCoy again, and now they hate Musgrave. Despite finishing in the top half of the league in offense during 9 of the last 13 seasons, none of the OCs have been liked.

24. The Following User High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information