Page 80 of 120 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1786

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Green Bay had an elite defense that year. They made a lot of people look bad. It was pretty miraculous that we were able to run the ball.
    Their defensive line was brutal.

But they were ill-suited to stopping a dynamic run game. Denver really had the best ground attack in NFL history for a three season window.

That game caused some to think Elway was washed, but he had a truly great game the next year. That's when 300 yards passing in a WIN meant something - and he could have had more than 1 passing TD had it been necessary. Elway was probably the first QB in NFL to win a SB on his arm at the end of a career. So much of his legacy is misconstrued - not asserting you've done that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I’m glad we agreed Elway didn’t have a great game tho.
    He did rush for a TD and of course picked up a crucial first down that led to a TD with the “helicopter” play.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

4. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Yeah, no trolling in this thread.

SMH.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Their defensive line was brutal.

But they were ill-suited to stopping a dynamic run game. Denver really had the best ground attack in NFL history for a three season window.

That game caused some to think Elway was washed, but he had a truly great game the next year. That's when 300 yards passing in a WIN meant something - and he could have had more than 1 passing TD had it been necessary. Elway was probably the first QB in NFL to win a SB on his arm at the end of a career. So much of his legacy is misconstrued - not asserting you've done that.
    Yeah, I know my ******* lore, you ******s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I’m glad we agreed Elway didn’t have a great game tho.
    I mean, we don't win that game without him so...

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Well what else is he supossed to say? "I blew it big time signing a career backup, boy he stinks!"

We all watch the games, we all watch him pooping all over the field every game, Elway admitting he's terrible doesn't fix anything.

We're stuck with Keenum, he knows it just like the rest of us. Elway idiotically went into the season with no other option than Keenum, he tied everything to a guy whose been bad pretty much his whole career (outside 1 fluky year). He's not going throw his only QB under the bus.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Now wait a minute, I thought the Broncos signed Keenum because they know him better than the Vikings do? This article makes it sound like Denver needs to ask Vikings how to use him.

Cugel?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Vikings had a good plan for him and he put in lots of time getting mental reps with their system. Maybe his knee is part of the problem.

He's holding the ball way too long, missing his windows and unable to push the ball with conviction. It's a disaster frankly. Lot of it on Case himself, but the Broncos plan for him seems shallow as well. Lack of usage of dominant run game and concepts that leverage his ability on boots and play action. Sophisticated short pass game. The line is another factor, but I'd put most all of it on Case and staff. Ready to see him go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'd put most all of it on Case and staff. Ready to see both go.
    fify

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    fify
    I'm not sold on a particular replacement for VJ and Woods, but I'm done with Musgrave. He's not that bad, but he's not going to win you games. I like the idea that any change is good because you need to keep trying to find that HOF type coach and QB, and it's unlikely that VJ is that guy, but I've been impressed that VJ has kept the team battling despite soul-crushing losses in their three mini-Superbowls this half of the season. Despite critical failures at the QB position. If anything, my opinion of VJ has improved this season, and Woods seems to be adjusting as the season progresses.

Keenum and Musgrave are clearly not taking us anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

19. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Keenum isn't ever going to be a world beater. He could be a hell of a lot better than he is.

Personally, I believe his issues is he's too short. He struggles in the pocket because he doesn't have a great view of the entire field being pint sized like he is. He excels outside the pocket because he can actually see the field around him. To get the most out of him and at least make him a serviceable game manager until we can draft or sing a viable replacement, this coaching staff needs to pull their heads out and recognize this. We should be designing plays to get him outside the pocket (similar to the offense we ran with Plummer) We need to be using more play actions, bootlegs, ect...

None of that is going to make him the answer long term, but it might make him good enough to get by for the time being.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Keenum isn't ever going to be a world beater. He could be a hell of a lot better than he is.

Personally, I believe his issues is he's too short. He struggles in the pocket because he doesn't have a great view of the entire field being pint sized like he is. He excels outside the pocket because he can actually see the field around him. To get the most out of him and at least make him a serviceable game manager until we can draft or sing a viable replacement, this coaching staff needs to pull their heads out and recognize this. We should be designing plays to get him outside the pocket (similar to the offense we ran with Plummer) We need to be using more play actions, bootlegs, ect...

None of that is going to make him the answer long term, but it might make him good enough to get by for the time being.
    That's a piss poor excuse. See: Drew Brees and Russell Wilson. And ask osweiler and Lynch how much being tall helped them.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, im not buying the size although i can cause problems. I just dont think Case is all that good to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    That's a piss poor excuse. See: Drew Brees and Russell Wilson. And ask osweiler and Lynch how much being tall helped them.
    It's not an excuse, i'm not excusing his bad play by any means, it's an observation. Great for Drew Brees and Russell Wilson, they figured out how to overcome their height deficiency. Case makes poor choices in the pocket, he doesn't make poor decisions outside the pocket. Even if you want to make the comment that his height doesn't play a factor into that, the fact still remains, he's a terrible pocket passer and he's not terrible outside of the pocket. The smart move is to get him out of the pocket by design and take advantage of this fact.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information