Page 70 of 120 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1786

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Plummer isn't who threw a football with his left hand. Kyle freaking Orton did it in a preseason game against the Seahawks.
    Plummer did it do broseph stalin.

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire/_/section/nfl/id/2154637

The freelancing unpredictability can lead to mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes are embarrassing, such as the left-handed interception he threw last year in a win against Kansas City. Sometimes they cost the team games, like the throw into double coverage late in the year in a key game against the Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I wouldnt hold my breath on that.
    I wouldn't either. I wouldn't even expect him to be good enough long term to get in the ring of fame, but I think he'll be good enough to win us a good number of games and make us competitive again.

We get to the playoffs, it's anyone's game. People like to talk about how players aren't capable of winning games in the playoffs...all it takes is a team getting hot at just the right time to go all the way. You can't get hot at the right time if you are sitting at home.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The point where I finally said "alright, I'll give this guy a chance" was when the picture of him in an Elway jersey as a kid came out. I saw how genuinely excited he was to play for the team and recognized that he was one of us (Broncos fan) and decided fine, let me look into him further and give him a chance to prove himself with the team.

It started out as an emotional change based on that and then I took the time to actually analyze and think critically about it. Before that I absolutely refused to consider him so it actually can sometimes be that easy to emotionally manipulate us into something like that.

I know you are likely not serious, but humans are easy to manipulate with emotions.
    FTR I was serious, it was a true story, and you highlighted the very point of my post

Hope he plays well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Hope he plays well.
    see, that wasn't so hard, was it?

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I haven't seen a Mic'd up that good since the last time Drew Brees did one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    see, that wasn't so hard, was it?

Just because I think someone is bad at something doesn't mean I refrain from rooting for them.

Savages.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I haven't seen a Mic'd up that good since the last time Drew Brees did one.
    Everyone wants to keep throwing out the "orton" and "TS" comparison. Neither of those guys were ever vocal leaders on the field. Case has something neither of them ever had, confident body language. For all he lacks physically, the guy is a natural leader. Maybe that won't be enough to get the job done, I don't know, but dang it, he's freaking likable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Just because I think someone is bad at something doesn't mean I refrain from rooting for them.

Savages.
    I know this to be true. I mean, you were all in on Tunisia!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Hope he plays well.
    Pretty much. I don't have to lap up the happy happy fun times ahead narrative, but the early stuff out of camp is encouraging. The truth is, we have an offensive roster to be competitive, and a defensive roster that can win some games...I'm pretty stoked to watch some football and see if VJ and friends have leveled up. I don't need Keenum to be Manning and always make the defense look dumb, I need him to play within himself and give the offense a spark at times and demonstrate a presence and command on that side of the ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Pretty much. I don't have to lap up the happy happy fun times ahead narrative, but the early stuff out of camp is encouraging. The truth is, we have an offensive roster to be competitive, and a defensive roster that can win some games...I'm pretty stoked to watch some football and see if VJ and friends have leveled up. I don't need Keenum to be Manning and always make the defense look dumb, I need him to play within himself and give the offense a spark at times and demonstrate a presence and command on that side of the ball.
    Here are the positives I see out of him:

He's not scared. He's clearly not scared. He's not scared to make a big throw. He's not scared of a blitz. He's not scared to get injured. The dude is a football player.

He is not a stupid QB. DC's can fool any QB, but you have to work harder to fool him. He stayed in the league because of his work ethic, and that includes the mental aspect of the game.

If he is asked to be a game manager, he is humble enough to do that.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I know this to be true. I mean, you were all in on Tunisia!!
    Tunisia or die is a lifestyle and I'm styling in this life!

20. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Here are the positives I see out of him:

He's not scared. He's clearly not scared. He's not scared to make a big throw. He's not scared of a blitz. He's not scared to get injured. The dude is a football player.

He is not a stupid QB. DC's can fool any QB, but you have to work harder to fool him. He stayed in the league because of his work ethic, and that includes the mental aspect of the game.

If he is asked to be a game manager, he is humble enough to do that.
    I think way too many fans get hung up on calling someone a "Game manager"

All of those things you named are why Minnesota was able to to get as far with him last year as they did. Each and every one of those things was lacking in TS for the last two years. He may not be a long term solution, but he's a likable person, and he's enough of an upgrade that this season is something we can get excited about again. I think if the defense holds up their part of the bargain we could win 12-13 games in the regular season.

He's got a much higher ceiling that TS if you will.

I think way too many fans get hung up on calling someone a "Game manager"

All of those things you named are why Minnesota was able to to get as far with him last year as the y did. Each and every one of those things was lacking in TS for the last two years. He may not be a long term solution, but he's a likable person, and he's enough of an upgrade that this season is something we can get excited about again.

He's got a much higher ceiling that TS if you will.
    I don't. A game manager is a style of play where if you run that style it's hard to overcome a deficit. It's hard to build a large lead, and if you can't run the ball your offense is especially prone to struggling.

The Viking got by because their division was plagued with injuries, and they have one of the best rosters and HC's in the game. Did he help by not ******* up? He absolutely did, but his overall production was pretty mundane in this era of football.

Of course he has a higher ceiling than TS. TS' first year he was one of the least productive QB's in the game. He then was one of the worst starters in the league, again as he regressed.

23. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information