Page 5 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by broncojoe View Post
    stop posting.

lol
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by 7alpha30 View Post
    Valid question. Aquib Talib is 32. There were others I'd prefer to trade or release before Talib. But trading him allows us to unload his salary.
    They didn’t need to unload his salary, they need Talib.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by 7alpha30 View Post
    Valid question. Aquib Talib is 32. There were others I'd prefer to trade or release before Talib. But trading him allows us to unload his salary.

Sensible shoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKWi...=RDeKWiKNMKhgQ
    IN PATON I TRUST.

4. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

I thought going the cheaper route with Keenum would have allowed us to keep Talib. We wouldn't have signed a couple of other guys maybe like King and just kept Dixon. But....Talib is a top 5 db....paired with Chris Harris Jr! It was the no fly freakin zone!!

So, Roby has some huge shoes to fill.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

6. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Team is going to look alot different next year....and we still might go 5-11. Lol

Sometimes I think I'd do a better job running this team.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

8. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    I thought going the cheaper route with Keenum would have allowed us to keep Talib. We wouldn't have signed a couple of other guys maybe like King and just kept Dixon. But....Talib is a top 5 db....paired with Chris Harris Jr! It was the no fly freakin zone!!

So, Roby has some huge shoes to fill.

I feel like the King signing was pointless and wasteful. It seems you also feel that way? I just didn't see punter as the biggest weakness or opportunity to upgrade. It makes Dixon a wasted draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    They didn’t need to unload his salary, they need Talib.
    I understand your sentiment. Talib is a game changing player in the secondary. But economics come into this. How much do you feel is the proper amount of salary tied up to cornerback? It also stings that he's with Wade in LA. FWIW, if I could choose between Aqib or Wade, I'd want Wade back.

11. The Following User High Fived 7alpha30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Team is going to look alot different next year....and we still might go 5-11. Lol

Sometimes I think I'd do a better job running this team.
    I don't know how you can say that. The offense is already dramatically better. QB is significantly
    upgraded. The O-line is far better . . . that's not speculation; it's a fact. Paradis is healthy again,
    Leary is back at his natural LG, Bolles has his rookie year behind him, and Veldheer is at RT. At
    TE, Butt is healthy. They do need a #3 receiver, but the draft is straight ahead.

On defense, Wolfe is healthier than he has been for years. McDonald will add to the interior pass
    rush. I doubt that Gotsis is going anywhere . . . it seems a he said, she said deal. Von's still
    there, and Ray is healthy again. Talib might be gone, but Ru'a Cravens and Brock are significant
    additions to the secondary, and Simmons broke out last year. And King is definitely an upgrade.

But if you think you could have led the team to two Super Bowls, winning one, and won the
    AFCW five years in a row, who am I to spoil your delusions? You're too nice a guy for that.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

13. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    That’s an awful lot of stats and stuff, War. I went back and watched every game he played and every pass Keenum made last year after we signed him. He’s... okay. He’s Jake Plummer with a little more accuracy/decision making ability but less arm strength and real ability to run (not just scramble). He was a small ball QB who played small ball and did well. Lots (and I mean lots!) of screens and <5 yard dump offs. When he did throw downfield he often got lucky and/or bailed out by Thielen and Diggs. The big difference between Keenum last year and other QBs of his talent level is that his gambles worked. He should’ve thrown 3x the Ints that he did. We’ll get to see him first hand this season and I’d be willing to bet he’s gonna be more 2016 Keenum than 2017.
    According to War, Keenum only threw 4 INTs in 8 games. Jake Plummer threw 4 INTs in 4 different games throughout his career: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...mJa00/gamelog/
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Watch the Lions game, he completed 3 passes longer than 15-yards, iirc, and all 3 were safe outside the numbers/back shoulder throws.

Dude is L I M I T E D, extremely limited.

He’s also kind of a bitch, apparently got butthurt because Zimmer wouldn’t call him “starter”. If that were Cutler this MB would lose its collective shit.
    Ummm . . . you forgot to mention something. Such as the second Detroit game, as well as
    the Washington, LA Rams, Atlanta, Cincinnati, and the two Chicago games. Watch the rest
    of them, too, because outside of the first Detroit game that you cherry-picked, Keenum
    didn't play a really bad game.

By the way, I counted 4 passes longer than 15 yards and 3 more than 10 yards in the first
    Detroit game, and that was only from the highlights. Not really a bad number out of 16
    completions. By the way, Keenum had a 6.78 Net Yards per Attempt in that game. That was
    pretty comparable to Stafford's 6.8, wasn't it?

Finally, here's a little something to show how limited Keenum is:

Last edited by topscribe; 04-10-2018 at 03:58 AM.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

16. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Stop living.
    Now this was uncalled for.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Technically it's all uncalled for but I highly doubt he was serious.

Was it sensible trading Talibing to make Keenum possible?
    That's a dumb take. Talib was getting traded regardless...

Was it sensible trading Talibing to make Keenum possible?
    I don’t believe the two are connected. I believe he was released so we could make room for Roby’s inflating contract, and because he shoots himself in the ass from time to time.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 04-10-2018 at 08:44 PM.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don’t believe the two are connected. I believe he was released so we could make room for Roby’s inflating contract, and because he shoots himself in the ass from time to time.
    He could have just as easily been cut next year when we would do the Roby deal, though.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information